Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Another example of the ineptness of Jaguars coaching in 2016

(08-05-2017, 01:05 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(08-05-2017, 10:03 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: If you even passively watched the final two games, it was clear that Hackett changed the approach of the offense a fair amount --  even if he still had Olson's play-book and was "predictable in the second half with a lead" strictly in terms of passing or running out of a personnel grouping. 
He was smarter about how he used those personnel groupings even if you saw the run or pass coming. The pass plays he did call (regardless of formation) were able to milk more production from Bortles while mitigating his mistakes. They moved AR15 around in the formation to create more mismatches and they utilized the TE underneath more often. The spark generated in the run game by clever use of Grant situationally should also not be ignored as something different from Hackett post-Gus.

Anyway -- I don't see any of these "stats" as any indication of what we'll see from Hackett and Wash in 2017. And that's all that matters to me now. 

2016 is long gone and I'm happy to leave it behind.

There were myriad questionable coaching issues last year. It seems like over the final two weeks, the remaining staff was at least aware of a handful and took steps towards addressing them. 

I have no clue for sure, but I'm skeptical they could change that much in week 15 even if they wanted to. They probably picked a few of the biggest issues to concentrate on and went to work.

Issue #1 - ping pong tables are for winners
Issue #2 - Ice cream is for winners
Issue #3 - veteran's day off is for winners

See you in the offseason.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another example of the ineptness of Jaguars coaching in 2016 - by flsprtsgod - 08-05-2017, 01:51 PM