Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars.com and social media

(08-03-2017, 10:37 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Apparently, you can't have one without the other. 

I do not have an account at any of the "social media" sites that appear on Jaguars.com.  These include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Vine, Pinterest, Snapchat and LinkedIn.  I don't have a YouTube or Gmail account. 

And, none of the videos on Jaguars.com will play in my browser - any browser, actually.  Even a freshly-installed browser failed to play videos on Jaguars.com.  It's not a technical problem with video playback, since the ads play back perfectly.  The ad ends but the video content never begins.

I remember when the Jags said they were changing their website to "embrace" social media more.  They didn't mention they would be blocking content if the user is not on social media.  So, here is one lifelong Jaguar fan who will be a rare visitor to the Jaguars site going forward.

I rarely visit the site. After Vic left, it just wasn't the same anymore. I click on a link from this site on occasion, but that's about it.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Messages In This Thread
Jaguars.com and social media - by Byron LeftTown - 08-03-2017, 10:37 AM
RE: Jaguars.com and social media - by iapetus - 08-03-2017, 10:46 AM
RE: Jaguars.com and social media - by Kane - 08-03-2017, 10:48 AM
RE: Jaguars.com and social media - by Kane - 08-03-2017, 11:59 AM
RE: Jaguars.com and social media - by iapetus - 08-03-2017, 12:28 PM
RE: Jaguars.com and social media - by jagshype - 08-03-2017, 12:06 PM
RE: Jaguars.com and social media - by Jagwired - 08-03-2017, 12:48 PM
RE: Jaguars.com and social media - by DragonFury - 08-03-2017, 03:14 PM
RE: Jaguars.com and social media - by Jagwired - 08-03-2017, 04:16 PM
RE: Jaguars.com and social media - by jagibelieve - 08-04-2017, 02:46 PM
RE: Jaguars.com and social media - by Jags - 08-03-2017, 05:00 PM