Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
No need to be Envious of the Colts Deal

(05-09-2018, 03:36 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(05-09-2018, 03:29 PM)Bullseye Wrote: A month and a half removed from this thread, and two weeks removed from the draft, I thought it would be a good idea to revisit this thread.

Looking at the Colts' draft, did their selections justify the envy given to them?

Did the Colts' draft cause the Colts to close the gap completely between the Colts and the Jaguars?

They were never gonna close the gap completely in one draft but they had one of the best drafts imo.  

They got one of the best guard prospects we have seen. Got another guy in Braden Smith I considered a top 5 guard.  Their line suddenly looks at least average.

Got an intriguing pass rusher in Turay who's fairly similar to Yannick. Racks up pressures.  

Hines and Wilkins two good backs with varied skillsets. Fountain is a v good talent at receiver.  

Another 2/3 drafts like this and they'll catch up. Although to be honest everything still depends on Luck.

Taking off my Jag fan hat for the moment and being a detached football fan, I like what they did for their offensive line.  As it stands now, I think they now have 3/5th, maybe 4/5ths of a solid offensive line.  I have my doubts about Castonzo and their RT.  They should now be able to run the ball effectively, and take some of the pressure off of Luck (and they may need to.  I am not sold at all on Luck's complete return to health.)

I don't like the comparison of Turay to Ngakoue.  Yes, he has good length, but he was not very productive in college, even as a stand up edge rusher in Rutgers' 3-4.  Can he play with his hand on the ground in Indy's 4-3 scheme?  I do like the Darius Leonard pick.  He should add a lot of speed and athleticism to their LBs. 

I think Cain may prove to be a good pick.

You and Pirkster have both said they need another 2-3 drafts like this one to completely close the gap with the Jaguars, and that's with the assumption Luck is capable of playing at a good level.

Let me ask both of you this.  I realize it's early, but in your estimation, is there a trio in the Colts draft class comparable in quality to our 2016 draft haul of Ramsey, Jack, and Ngakoue?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Messages In This Thread
RE: No need to be Envious of the Colts Deal - by Bullseye - 05-09-2018, 06:25 PM