Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2018/19 English Football League Thread (Not Premier League)..

(08-08-2018, 12:04 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Reading 1-2 Derby
West Brom 1-2 Bolton
Sheffield Utd 1-2 Swansea
Leeds 3-1 Stoke
Bristol City 1-1 Nottingham Forest

Sunderland 2-1 Charlton
Portsmouth 1-0 Luton
Barnsley 4-0 Oxford

Notts County 0-0 Colchester
Oldham 1-2 MK Dons
Bury 1-0 Yeovil
Swindon 3-2 Macclesfield.

I took my son to the Swindon game as it was the first game of the season.. so, Swindon were by far the better team which resulted in Macclesfield going 1-0 up. Almost instantly from the kick off, Swindon went and equalised. About 15 minutes later Macclesfield went ahead again at 2-1 and that was that.. or so we thought.

When ensued was the most sublime and ridiculous game I've been to for as long as I can remember. Swindon hit the post and crossbar a ridiculous amount of times.. the Macclesfield goalkeeper made some excellent saves and some shots just didn't go our way.

Then, the fourth official indicated there would be 5 minutes added on.. so Macclesfield (still 2-1 up) thought they'd waste time.. the referee stated that he would be adding this on to the end of the game.. in the 95th minute, Swindon were given a penalty.... scored! Nothing less than we deserved.. great way to end the game?

Nope..

2 minutes later, Swindon were given ANOTHER penalty... SCORED!! Imagine the scene.. dead and buried and over allotted time losing 2-1... 3 insane and bizarre minutes later and we've won the game 3-2!!

Unreal game.
damn... see that is why I wished they had a channel that televised lower league games over here. We get the PL and some la liga but it is awesome to watch teams that don't have some 80mil player who ends up being the focal point(at least that is what I end up watching) during a match. I streamed the Sheffield United game and even though I was disappointed they lost it was still a fun game to watch.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2018/19 English Football League Thread (Not Premier League).. - by JagsorDie - 08-08-2018, 03:54 PM