Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rate my team after my fantasy draft?

First time I've played in a 10 team as two entries dropped on draft day. Picked second in a half point PPR, I really wanted to pick in the ten, eleven, twelve range. Team as follows:

QB Cam Newton
RB Todd Gurley
RB Christian McCaffrey
WR Keenan Allen *
WR Amari Cooper *
TE Evan Engram
Flex Derrick Henry *
D Arizona
K Josh Lambo *

Bench

WR Sammy Watkins *
WR Marquis Goodwin *
RB Sony Michell *
RB Matt Breida * (Before McKinnon injury)
RB Peyton Barber
TE Tyler Eifert
RB Aaron Jones *

I know I'm heavy in RB but the value was too much for me to pass up. I see Cam as an every week plug in, so no need for a backup QB. Also, I like my four WRs so I can always waiver wire if necessary. Now TE was strange in this draft. Going into the draft I was prepared to double dip within the first six rounds here. Well, TE was apparently priority in this league so I had to overdraft Engram as a second tier TE. I did get value with Eifert with one of my last picks, but I really wanted two first tier TEs...oh well. I've got Derrick Henry as a breakout top6 RB so I feel like I got extreme value there. He's not necessarily my flex but a part of a three headed monster I have at RB. Defense went way early and teams double dipped so I ended up with Arizona. Of course I got Lambo so I'd have a Jag as I was targeting Cole or Jenkins in the latter rounds once it was clear I could not draft Fournette drawing the number two pick, but surprisingly so they went a bit early for my taste, hence the stable of RBs.

Fun facts:

Of the fifty or so mock drafts I simulated, I never once drafted Newton, McCaffrey, Barber or Arizona.

Players I targeted and drafted are marked with an asterisk *

Players I targeted and didn't get:

Aaron Rodgers

Rob Gronkowski

Travis Kelce

Greg Olson

Patrick Mahomes

Marlon Mack

Jags D

Chargers D
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,