Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Hybrid RBs

Hello from the U.K., first post here for me so please don’t crucify me...my knowledge of the game is good for a Brit but not amazing.

I wanted to touch on a article written by Bucky Brooks this week whereby he said teams should be considering hybrid RBs as first round picks. 

I think this is subjective dependant on need but if your looking for an offensive player in the first round and don’t posses one of these hybrid RBs I think he has a point. Just look at the players taking the league by storm, Gurley, Hunt, Barkley, Kamara, McCaffrey & Connor. These guys are regularly posting 100+ yds from scrimmage per game, are TD machines and freeing up the field for other positions to make plays.

I guess Yeldon is our equivilant but he’s certainly not matching the stats put up by the guys above. So, is this something we need to look into? Would a more consistent offensive help Yeldon reach a higher ceiling? Is Fournette capable of being a Hybrid RB if he can stay on the field? Hyde has shown flashes of this style of play in the past but remains predominantly a power back!

Interested to hear your thoughts Smile

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Messages In This Thread
Hybrid RBs - by BristolianJaguar - 11-05-2018, 06:18 AM
RE: Hybrid RBs - by NYC4jags - 11-05-2018, 09:37 AM
RE: Hybrid RBs - by Jaguarmeister - 11-06-2018, 10:45 AM
RE: Hybrid RBs - by rfc17 - 11-06-2018, 11:10 AM
RE: Hybrid RBs - by The_Franchise_QB - 11-06-2018, 01:43 PM
RE: Hybrid RBs - by Sneakers - 11-06-2018, 09:34 PM
RE: Hybrid RBs - by Inziladun - 11-09-2018, 01:30 PM