Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
My Thoughts On The Game.

Been too busy and tied up traveling to post about the colts game, but here's my main takeaway:

You can point to mistakes from a number of players and coaches in the loss. But the real crux of that one was simply too many blown coverages in the first half.
Telvin, Church, Gipson, Ramsey, Patmon, Hayden, Harrison all had their gaffs.
It was primarily the LBs and safeties being flat out owned by the tight ends that first half.
They simply gave up too much to overcome.  They made mistakes in zone coverage.  They made mistakes in man coverage.  They just played really poorly for two quarters. I'm not sure how much of this you can put on Wash (even if I don't love some of his coverage decisions.)  What I (primarily) saw was players getting fooled very easily by motion, play-action, and some pretty smart route running.  Or even just inexplicably not covering their guy. 

They made some adjustments and got their focus back in the second half, but the damage was done.

Outside of too many first down runs and the fumble - I found very little fault in the offensive play and gameplan.
You can point to some failures - but really the offense did enough to win if the defense had played 4 quarters consistently.  Heck - maybe even just 3 quarters. 

I think if the team as a whole plays consistently like they did in the second half of that game, they can be competitive in every game.  I just don't know if that's asking too much from this team right now. There's some severe underachieving going on all over the field and sidelines.

Messages In This Thread
My Thoughts On The Game. - by JagFanFirst - 11-11-2018, 07:58 PM
RE: My Thoughts On The Game. - by jvillejagsn1 - 11-11-2018, 08:05 PM
RE: My Thoughts On The Game. - by Trunt8728 - 11-11-2018, 08:05 PM
RE: My Thoughts On The Game. - by JagFanFirst - 11-11-2018, 08:08 PM
RE: My Thoughts On The Game. - by JagFan81 - 11-11-2018, 08:49 PM
RE: My Thoughts On The Game. - by Krayz_Jville_D - 11-11-2018, 08:51 PM
RE: My Thoughts On The Game. - by Flagler Jagsfan - 11-11-2018, 09:01 PM
RE: My Thoughts On The Game. - by rpr52121 - 11-11-2018, 09:53 PM
RE: My Thoughts On The Game. - by Firesky - 11-11-2018, 08:55 PM
RE: My Thoughts On The Game. - by MoJagFan - 11-11-2018, 09:26 PM
RE: My Thoughts On The Game. - by StroudCrowd1 - 11-11-2018, 11:22 PM