Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Democrats Introducing Impeachment First Day

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2019, 11:06 AM by The Real Marty.)

(01-06-2019, 11:06 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: NBC News veteran William Arkin has resigned from a 30-year career at the network.  In his resignation letter, he chastised the network for its terminal case of TDS:

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201...orks-host/

Of course he is an ignorant and incompetent impostor. And yet I’m alarmed at how quick NBC is to mechanically argue the contrary, to be in favor of policies that just spell more conflict and more war,” he wrote. “Really? We shouldn’t get out Syria? We shouldn’t go for the bold move of denuclearizing the Korean peninsula? Even on Russia, though we should be concerned about the brittleness of our democracy that it is so vulnerable to manipulation, do we really yearn for the Cold War? And don’t even get me started with the FBI: What? We now lionize this historically destructive institution?”

Mr. Arkin argued that NBC, and news outlets like it, often miss crucial news stories because they’re so caught up in the “day-to-day whirlwind and hostage status as prisoners of Donald Trump.”

I agree with all of that.  Especially the underlined part.

I don't disagree with all of Trump's policies, although I do disagree with a lot of them.   The part that alarms me is his apparent ignorance and incompetence.   The thing is, he is so ignorant and incompetent that no matter what he does, he himself becomes the main part of the story, and that's where news organizations like NBC get caught in the weeds.   The fact that we have such an ignorant and incompetent president is such a huge story that it overshadows all the other news stories that we need to pay more attention to.

Messages In This Thread
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 01-04-2019, 12:08 PM
RE: Democrats Introducing Impeachment First Day - by The Real Marty - 01-07-2019, 11:00 AM