Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Check out this mock and write up

I don't see why we have to go OL. We just have to keep these guys healthy this year.

Let's look at each position...

LT - Cam Robinson is a darn good LT and I don't care to hear some nit-picky stat analysis. I know with my eyes he's good. Behind him, I'm thinking we re-sign Wells, who has developed quite nicely over the years into a guy that can play either OT spot in a clinch. We're set at LT imo.

LG - It's a shame that Norwell was injured so early, but remember he was the best interior OL in football when we signed him. He's actually a FA we didn't overpay for because he actually was the best. Usually, you overpay for a guy who is merely the best in FA, but nowhere near the best overall, which for instance would be the case for whoever pays up for Tyrod Taylor or Bridgewater. We're set at LG at least as far as the starting position.

C - Linder is easily one of the best Centers in this league, and Shatley has proven to be adequate depth at the spot. We're set at C.

RG - AJ Cann is a FA so he might be gone, but there's still a chance he's brought back with a modest contract. Cann was the one guy last year to remain healthy throughout, and his starting gig was never threatened. He gets a bad rap, but last year the OL was making up for near scrubs replacing those first three names I just mentioned. Cann wasn't as bad as the rap he gets as he's been slowly progressing and developing. He's not much of a powerhouse in the run game, but as a pass protector, he's not the guy we keep seeing getting beat. He's probably the best pass protector on the inside that we have after Norwell and Linder. We also got Omameh back, and I've always liked Omameh. He's not perfect, but he's good enough to contend for the starting role at RG even though he's a better LG. I'm not sure exactly why the Giants cut him midseason.

RT - Parnell still has something left in one of his tanks, but you can see he's starting to regress. I still like Parnell in the run game, but guys are starting to get past him in the passing game. It may be time to look for someone, however, I feel the answer lies in free agency... not the draft. I noticed there are a couple darn good starting RTs available in FA near the top of the overall FA list who would be able to take right over and improve the spot.  We also have our draft pick from last year still developing at RT.  Sorry for not naming names, but I'm being lazy. Remind me and I'll look up the names.

So maybe we can use a guy who can challenge for the start at RG and provide some depth at G, but if we miss out in the draft there are certainly FAs who can do as much. The key would be landing a good FA vet to replace Parnell, but even if we don't, Parnell still has a good year in him as a starter. We're not that desperate yet if guys would just stay healthy. Maybe we need a new conditioning guy to keep these players healthy. 
'02

Messages In This Thread
Check out this mock and write up - by JAGMAJIK - 01-11-2019, 07:35 PM
RE: Check out this mock and write up - by Upper - 01-11-2019, 08:38 PM
RE: Check out this mock and write up - by Dimson - 01-11-2019, 10:15 PM
RE: Check out this mock and write up - by Dimson - 01-12-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Check out this mock and write up - by Upper - 01-12-2019, 03:22 PM
RE: Check out this mock and write up - by Upper - 01-12-2019, 05:28 PM
RE: Check out this mock and write up - by Jags02 - 01-13-2019, 03:36 AM
RE: Check out this mock and write up - by Kane - 01-16-2019, 04:59 PM