Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kubiak Interview Scheduled (merged)

(01-12-2019, 11:56 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-12-2019, 10:42 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I have a feeling he's cut.

Getting the vibe he's sort-of gone rogue again.   When he was hurt there was a bunch of weirdness and baby-mama-drama on his social media - and Marrone/Coughlin seem bent on putting an end to that stuff. Not sure if he was doing what was expected in his rehab. He was eligible to return late in the season - but they never activated him. 

If he can come back healthy and sane... sure, he'd be a good piece of the puzzle.

I think him not returning was more so there was no need for him to come back at that point so they didn't bother risking it.

There was a standard Marrone presser around week 14 or15 I think - and Wells had recently come back. A reporter asked Marrone about ASJ returning as well.  I'm paraphrasing but it was largely the way Marrone said it that indicated something may be wrong - he basically said "I've got to work with the guys that are here in the building and ready to go." He seemed exasperated - but with the number of injuries - who wouldn't? 

Of course I'm reading tea leaves, but that ^ coupled with ASJ's i.g. posting at the time made it seem like maybe he wasn't getting his treatment in house. While on designated IR - he apparently fathered twins with a woman he was in a very tumultuous relationship with. (in another city) He had some of those "crazy person airing the dirty laundry" posts happening about the whole thing. Was not a good look. 

There was also this from Oehser - who would have m3ore insight on the situation than we do:

Quote:I do expect the Jaguars to release Seferian-Jenkins, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see an extensive overhaul at tight end overall.

Messages In This Thread
Kubiak Interview Scheduled (merged) - by Bullseye - 01-12-2019, 12:08 PM
RE: Kubiak Interview Scheduled (merged) - by FBT - 01-14-2019, 08:53 PM
RE: Per Rotoworld: Jaguars Showing Interest in Kubiak for OC - by NYC4jags - 01-13-2019, 09:39 AM
Kubiak Interview Scheduled - by NYC4jags - 01-14-2019, 12:01 PM
RE: Kubiak Interview Scheduled - by WingerDinger - 01-14-2019, 12:21 PM