Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Reflections and Thoughts on the Silver Season

(02-13-2019, 07:33 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 10:27 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: Very good summary of the 1st 25 years. It's difficult to argue with most of your opinions. If I were to add/change any of your thoughts:

1. Favorite players: After just 2 seasons as a Jaguar, Calais Campbell tops my list. Not only a great player, but a team leader and great with the fans. Honorable mention to Jurko- a good player and the most
                                entertaining guy to listen to, in my opinion.

2. Top mistakes: Extending Gus Bradley's contract after compiling the worst modern day record as a head coach. Caldwell should have been fired for that, alone. Honorable mention to also extending Bortles' contract.

Thanks for bringing back some great memories of our 1st 25 years. Not sure if I'll be around for the 50th anniversary (would be 90), but I totally expect everyone's list to be topped by the year we won our 1st Super Bowl,
most likely to occur sometime during the next decade!

Calais Campbell is a very good choice, and thinking about it more could lead me to amend my list.  He would easily make a best free agent signing list.

Extending Bortles deal is certainly hamstringing us now cap wise.

I am hoping to be around another 25.  Heck I will be happy to make it to tomorrow.

Thinking more about the first quarter century of Jaguars football, I  have had the good fortune of seeing great players on Jaguars opponent

If I had to pick an all time Jaguars opponents team based on guys I have seen in person here in Jacksonville...

QB Tom Brady
RB Barry Sanders-the one time an opponent scored a TD and I wasn't pissed on some level.  "Hey...it's Barry freaking Sanders."
WR Jerry Rice 
WR Terrell Owens
TE Tony Gonzalez 
LT Jon Ogden
LG Steve Hutchinson 
C Dermontti Dawson 
RG Bruce Matthews 
RT Jon Runyan

DE Dwight Freeney 
DT Vince Wilfork 
DT Bryant Young
DE TIE Reggie White and J.J. Watt
LB Derrick Thomas 
LB Ray Lewis
LB Kevin Greene
CB Rod Woodson
CB Deion Sanders
FS Ed Reed
Ss Troy Polamalu
These were great NFL players, most are in the Hall of Fame or will be once they become eligible. One other list not seen yet would be "Biggest Jaguars killers." This list would definitely include the following players:

1. Steve McNair
2. Samari Rolle
3. Phillip Rivers
4. Tom Brady

I still have nightmares of Steve McNair running over Jaguar defenders and Samari Rolle picking off Brunell during the 1999 AFC Championship game.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reflections and Thoughts on the Silver Season - by jaglou53 - 02-16-2019, 09:18 PM