Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Texans releasing former first-rounder Kevin Johnson

(03-06-2019, 09:51 AM)NCJag Wrote:
(03-05-2019, 11:15 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: I actually think some people aren't cut out for sports, and I don't mean from an athletic standpoint. Their bodies, however athletically gifted, are cursed from a reliability standpoint. Ignoring football for a moment, I'll cite an example from baseball. I'm a Tampa Bay Rays fan, and for years I was continuously annoyed by how often Evan Longoria was on the DL. We're talking a month to months every season. And none of it was from collisions or being hit by pitches. It was always running or swinging. Contrast him to someone like Cal Ripken Jr who missed what? Zero games?

And there's countless examples of that throughout sports.
Talking about the Rays: Think about Rocco Baldelli.  Guy had all the talent in the world, but his body kept betraying him with that mitochondrial disorder to where he kept getting fatigued and injured.  I mean the guy could hit, throw, field, run....but he couldn't stay healthy.

Yes. I really liked him as a player. Met him a couple of times, seems like a cool guy. I always felt bad for him, but now I'm glad he has a career in management. But yes, perfect example of what I was talking about.

Messages In This Thread
RE: NFL.com - Texans releasing former first-rounder Kevin Johnson - by Jagsfan4life9/28/82 - 03-06-2019, 04:52 PM