Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
A Good Analysis of Jawaan Taylor

(03-15-2019, 03:08 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(03-15-2019, 02:37 PM)Bullseye Wrote: The analysis begins about the 2 minute mark.  A speed rush against Sweat occurs at the 9 min mark, but Sweat beat him inside earlier.

He was beat, but he definitely has the tools to block it. It was the chess match that got him. That happens. Plus the mental game I think can be worked on NFL, but it wouldn't matter if didn't have the tools.

He dominated as soon as he got a engaged with nearly every person I saw. He looked like a great choice otherwise. I didn't see the Gators pull him or use him on any screen's but the Jag's haven't done that much either last year. And that would be a bonus anyways. 

Though do the Jags always have to draft Florida guys in the first round?
There was a clip in that second link where he gets out on a bubble screen.

Based on these two breakdowns, he seems to handle stunts really well.  He shows good power on down blocks, but I'd like to see him drive block one on one. Seems to have really good feet.

As to your closing question, it's amazing (and a bit encouraging) to see how the attitude has changed.  Early on, the mindset here in Jacksonville was Gator dominated.  People accused TV of having an anti-Gators bias.  You  heard that when the team didn't draft Wuerffel, and then you heard it when the team didn't hire Spurrier (Gatorskins?!?  SMH), and then you would hear it after the team bypassed Kenyatta Walker for Marcus Stroud.  I won't even get into the Tebow thing.  But now people are leery of drafting Gators.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Messages In This Thread
A Good Analysis of Jawaan Taylor - by Bullseye - 03-15-2019, 11:06 AM
RE: A Good Analysis of Jawaan Taylor - by Bullseye - 03-15-2019, 03:16 PM
RE: A Good Analysis of Jawaan Taylor - by knarnn - 03-15-2019, 04:00 PM