Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
President ordered Customs and Border Patrol to break the law?

(04-10-2019, 02:13 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-10-2019, 01:55 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Resignation letter: https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/07/politics/...index.html

Your reading comprehension is severly lacking. I will say again...the Secretary of DHS is an at-will employee. When applicable, this means they can be let go for both any reason or for no reasonat all. They may also be impeached (more of that pesky congressional oversight). In addition, they can walk at anytime. She was not hired nor was she fired by the POTUS. You seem to wrongly equate hiring and firing as boss specific. Not the case in government and nearly equally reflected in the business world.

I didn't miss it the first time. I know what at-will means.  I'm glad you said it again.  You're at least in touch with reality on those points.

Where you jump on the train to crazy town is where you say that the person who can fire her for any reason or no reason isn't her boss.  That's nuts. The President is her boss.  But she also has to follow the law and answer questions from Congress if asked.  Guess what: both of us also have to follow the law and answer questions from Congress if asked! I have a boss who can fire me, and you probably do too.  We are the same as her, except her boss is the President.

The issue here is most likely that the President has asked her to do her job in a way that she doesn't feel is lawful.  He has demanded her resignation so he can find someone who doesn't think his orders are unlawful, or doesn't care.  Or maybe you're right, maybe she went through the pain of a Senate confirmation just to give up and leave public service after just 17 months.  Guess what: most people in her position write their resignation letters without mentioning whether they were asked to leave.  The letter on its own proves nothing.  She will be more free to speak once she actually steps down.

Regarding the part in bold.  You are just doing what far left liberals do.  Say something false enough times so that people believe it.  No facts, nothing to substantiate the claim.  It just (in your mind) "most likely" happened so it must be true.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Messages In This Thread
B2hibry - by B2hibry - 04-09-2019, 08:29 PM
RE: B2hibry - by mikesez - 04-09-2019, 09:58 PM
RE: B2hibry - by B2hibry - 04-10-2019, 08:51 AM
RE: President ordered Customs and Border Patrol to break the law? - by jagibelieve - 04-10-2019, 03:39 PM