Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - D.J. Hayden: Jags will be 'best defense in the league'

(This post was last modified: 07-03-2019, 02:29 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

(07-03-2019, 02:16 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(07-03-2019, 01:46 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: Thanks for the clarification.  I feel like im 2 years too late on the jokes about his name and his playcalling.  Jags in a close game with man coverage.  Todd will wash it and do something dumb.  ugh.  I need to get on it.

Wash actually calls a proportionate amount of man and zone coverages that is very normal compared to the rest of the league. 

What you are complaining about (I think) is probably a combination of three things:

1. players individually getting out of position or misunderstanding their zone responsibilities
2. players individually giving too much cushion/playing too deep
3. Wash calling one of his softer zone defenses late in the game with a lead

I wouldn't rule out Wash calling things a bit more aggressively this season.  Even though he's been doing a fine job IMO.
That could be it.  I just get so frustrated when i know certain teams feast on quick throws(Brady) and YAC to move the chains; and we are playing 5 plus yards off the line.  When i see that and a 3 yard pass gets 2 yac to covert a 3rd and 4, im livid.  Its like c'mon man.  I just think if the players tighten up, we have 2 top man corners, to at least force teams to take chances in tight coverage or try trickery to move the ball.  Our pass rush should hit home without blitzing too much with the speed we have on defense for coverage from LB and the back end.  

I thought that was primarily the reason Jalen played out of position on purpose.  When teams keep eating up yards and you're just sitting in zone, i'm not mad at the player(s), im upset at the NFL level coach.  The D is tops regardless but i feel we can be even more dominant than before.  It could be the Brady game that has me so frustrated 2 years later, but the man feasts on short throws and we literally played zone to let him eat underneath and destroy our chances.  From that point forward, i was locked in on the D and what the heck they were thinking each and every game.

EDIT: I was also locked in on Offense from that point forward and tried to understand the playcalling on that side of the ball as well. Sadly, i still have no idea what we were trying to accomplish at all.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

Messages In This Thread
RE: NFL.com - D.J. Hayden: Jags will be 'best defense in the league' - by JagsFansince1995 - 07-03-2019, 02:25 PM