Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Report: Jaguars signing Marcus Simms

(07-11-2019, 12:25 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(07-11-2019, 06:42 AM)Rico Wrote: Why is it that you are so anxious to get rid of Cole?  Almost everybody that gets drafted or picked up, you make this comment.  Everything that I've read has Cole being very good in OTAs.

It's easy to pick on Cole. For starters, he STUNK the second half of the season. Two, I give little credence to offseason underwear practice prior to training camp. Three, we're picking up additional WRs suggesting they're at least looking for more competition. So, if there's any chance for Marcus Simms to actually make the roster, who do you cut? You sure as heck aren't cutting Westbrook who is probably our best WR. Chark is a recent draft pick, and Conley is a big name free agent so they're safe. Lee they unfortunately can't cut with his contract so we're stuck with his sorry behind and will try to get the most of him since we have to roster him. I really don't think we're cutting Terrell Pryor who actually gives us some a legit red zone threat. Cole is like the one guy we can easily cut unless he seriously shows up in games this Preseason. 

So underwear practice is not an indicator for Cole but zero underwear practice or college performances do matter for every UFA pickup?  Then you say Cole stunk yet you want to disregard how badly Pryor sucked outside of one year with Cleveland three years ago.  Hell, he couldn't even play in New York or Buffalo.  Legit red zone threat?  Pffft...the guy has 7 career touchdown catches and I would wager that at least half of those were not in the red zone.

Giants probably should have cut Tiki Barber by your logic.  He sucked for three years.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Jaguars signing Marcus Simms - by FBT - 07-10-2019, 03:54 PM
RE: Report: Jaguars signing Marcus Simms - by NH3 - 07-10-2019, 05:22 PM
RE: Report: Jaguars signing Marcus Simms - by RicoTx - 07-11-2019, 12:39 PM