Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump Says Ilhan Omar Should Go Back to Africa

(07-15-2019, 04:39 PM)Kane Wrote:
(07-15-2019, 03:19 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: Sometimes I wonder how Trump could possibly have any supporters left, and then I visit the ol' Political forum of the Jungle.  Xenophobia and racism, but it's okay because some of us agree!

Oh geez
Racists! Racists! Everywhere!

That word has almost no meaning anymore since you people like to throw it around so willy nilly.

And by "you people" I mean, wimpy little snowflakes (regardless of political affiliation)

There were laws in this country governing things as mundane as:
  • Where people of color could live
  • whom people of color could marry
  • into what entrances people of color could enter
  • from what water fountains people of color could drink
  • Where people of color could be after sundown
  • what hospitals could treat people of color
  • what schools/colleges/universities people of color could attend
  • where people of color could sit in theaters, diners and other establishments-if allowed in
  • under what circumstances people of color could serve on juries
    and countless other areas.  This doesn't even get into laws that are facially race neutral but with discriminatory effect, nor does this get into the private practices and societal norms otherwise not codified in the law.  So committed was the South to those repugnant principles and practices, they were willing to secede from this country.
These laws persisted throughout this country's history until the 1960s and 70s.  These laws could not persist without the assent of the majority-actual or tacit.  When these laws were changed, the people who supported those unjust laws and practices didn't just disappear.  Many passed their bigotry down to their kids, and worked to weaken the new laws designed to promote equality.  If laws against speeding-which have well known and tangible penalties for violating them-are routinely ignored by those not inclined to obey them, what of those laws that endeavor to enforce equality?  

If you are tired of hearing about racism, trust me when I tell you people of color are tired of experiencing it.  If you personally do not support the tenets of bigotry, then speak out against those who perpetuate it.  If,as I suspect you do, then prepare for the fallout of your hatred, which includes substantial rejection in the marketplace of ideas.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Says Ilhan Omar Should Go Back to Africa - by Bullseye - 07-15-2019, 08:23 PM