Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Hockenson Vs. Fant Midseason Report

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2019, 09:04 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(11-04-2019, 08:33 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(11-04-2019, 08:25 AM)gatorsandjags Wrote: You didnt even bring up blocking.  Most wanted Hock because he is an elite blocker added with being a good pass catcher
During the pre draft process, I pointed out scouting reports that indicated there wasn't too much difference in blocking abilities between the two.  
Not many blocking stats available on NFL.com.  Taken together, I assert I am not avoiding the issue.

However, I hasten to add that since this is a participatory forum, and the internet is available to anyone, if you wish to add some sort of quantifiable analysis to it, have at it.
I wouldnt say there wasnt much of a difference when it came to blocking.  Hockenson was one of the best blocking TEs to ever come out.  This was beaten to death already though. Although one article said  Hockenson is 20th in blocking and Fant is in the bottom 10 for TEs.  Hock has battle injuries this year with his latest being a concussion.

Messages In This Thread
Hockenson Vs. Fant Midseason Report - by Bullseye - 11-04-2019, 04:36 AM
RE: Hockenson Vs. Fant Midseason Report - by flgatorsandjags - 11-04-2019, 09:03 AM