Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Your Absolute "Must Have" Players - 2020 NFL Draft

(12-03-2019, 09:35 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-03-2019, 08:30 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Tua isnt close too as good as Minshew under pressure.  Tua cant handle pressure
Good grief.

Why weren't you posting all these amazing Minshew thoughts last year when he was coming out? Tua does things that Minshew can't. His arm strength, accuracy, touch and ball positioning are pretty elite for college.

I love Minshew but you're acting like he's the next great QB. He has A LOT to prove and I would hate for you to see here in 2 years saying "Man. Jags passed on Tua because they thought Minshew was the next great thing"

You're both right.
Tua is far better an athlete and his arm strength is far superior.
Tua is also awful under pressure. (Our OL isn't great so...) When Bama's OL broke down VS Clemsons DL, Tua looked lost, awful, and scared. There have been a handful of games vs the better teams with good DLs that Tua didn't look unstoppable as he has for most of his collegiate career. I was super big on Tua... but...
He is racking up an injury history that would make me weary of using a first round pick on him.
Though I'd be hard pressed to find myself saying Minshew > Tua in any argument.

Love me some Minshew and definitely want this team to build up around the QB room we currently have and address QB in 2021. But if somehow we get a chance to get Burrow (not likely) or Tua slides to the 2nd (also not likely) kinda gotta pull the trigger there.

But really, Tua has had an all star cast at WR his entire tenure at Bama. And his OL during his first starting season kept him super clean for the most part.
Something we don't have either of here, so I doubt his ability to come in and be a franchise savior, with the state of our franchise.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Your Absolute "Must Have" Players - 2020 NFL Draft - by Kane - 12-03-2019, 12:53 PM