Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Your Absolute "Must Have" Players - 2020 NFL Draft

(12-05-2019, 01:37 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-03-2019, 09:35 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Good grief.

Why weren't you posting all these amazing Minshew thoughts last year when he was coming out? Tua does things that Minshew can't. His arm strength, accuracy, touch and ball positioning are pretty elite for college.

I love Minshew but you're acting like he's the next great QB. He has A LOT to prove and I would hate for you to see here in 2 years saying "Man. Jags passed on Tua because they thought Minshew was the next great thing"

Lol, good grief, this is the pros not college.  what Minshew did in college is irrelevant to what he has showed in the pros.  With that said he led the nation in passing and was a Heisman candidate.  Tua had one of if not the best oline in college, the best WR corps, and one of the best run games. and struggling mightily when the slightest bit of pressure and when he didnt have all day to throw, not to mention he cant stay healthy . I'm acting like hes the next great QB?  No, I'm acting like he is 4-4 with this trash coaching staff, no TE, and a weak WR corps.  Not to mention he won 6 of 8 rookie of the weeks and has made some crazy plays that most WBs in this league cant make. If the guy isnt a Pro Bowl QB you want to draft a new QB every year, you would of gave up on a lot of the greats because a lot of them didnt have good rookie years.  Minshew has shown enough to try an get him a good coaching staff a decent oline and TE to see what he can do along with the experience.
I agree with you on this one. Why draft a quarterback next year when:

1. The only guy likely to succeed from this draft at this position will be gone with the 1st or 2nd pick. Tua, Herbert and Fromm all have major question marks.

2. Despite their horrendous season, they are actually in a good spot regarding their q.b.'s going into next season. Foles may not be the long-term answer, but it's too early to write him off despite his very disappointing season. Minshew, on the other hand, has shown way more than anyone could have expected. With a better offensive line and tight end, I believe he has what it takes to succeed in the NFL. His intangibles are off the charts and he has a strong enough arm to make all the necessary throws. However, if both guys flame out next season they will have a great shot at getting either Lawrence or Fields. 

3. As you said, no quarterback can succeed without a decent offensive line. I hope they use two of their top 4 picks on offensive linemen, including one in the 1st round. Having Wirfs or Thomas at left tackle would likely be a big upgrade with Robinson moving to guard and upgrading that position, also. They could then take the interior lineman in either round 2 or 3. This revamped line would make things much easier for whoever emerges as the starting q.b. next season.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Your Absolute "Must Have" Players - 2020 NFL Draft - by jaglou53 - 12-06-2019, 10:34 PM