Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Case for Going QB Early (Long)

(03-26-2020, 10:09 AM)Upper Wrote:
(03-25-2020, 08:09 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: The history of this team includes plenty of horrible offensive drafting, but recently the draft has been more defensively focused and the offensive picks have been mostly fine. 

Bortles in 2014 and Fournette chosen way too early in 2017 are the only bad offensive picks in the past 6 drafts.
 (unless you are all in on Cam Robinson being a bad pick at this stage)

Yeldon, Lee, and Cann were bad picks on my ledger too. Just counting first 3 rounders.

Yeldon and Cann were both from a weak draft. Hindsight is 20/20 and I'm sure you can find better players picked after them (David Johnson instead of Yeldon for sure), but for each "better player" picked in rounds 2 and 3 that year I could find at least five that were worse. Cann had a stellar rookie season as a guard, but has declined ever since. I'm sure the Gus culture and lack of OL coaching were a significant factor in his case.

Lee seemed to be good value at the time. He has had constant injuries issues and never turned into the WR he was expected to be. I'm not sure if the injuries were the reason he never looked all that good even when healthy (although he did lead the Jags in receptions in 2017), but it could be the explanation.

I do agree that drafting a RB high in this day and age (Yeldon and Fournette) is almost always a mistake.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Messages In This Thread
The Case for Going QB Early (Long) - by Bullseye - 03-23-2020, 04:02 PM
RE: The Case for Going QB Early (Long) - by PF* - 03-23-2020, 04:19 PM
RE: The Case for Going QB Early (Long) - by PF* - 03-23-2020, 04:32 PM
RE: The Case for Going QB Early (Long) - by PS9 - 03-23-2020, 09:07 PM
RE: The Case for Going QB Early (Long) - by Upper - 03-23-2020, 05:37 PM
RE: The Case for Going QB Early (Long) - by PF* - 03-23-2020, 06:25 PM
RE: The Case for Going QB Early (Long) - by Upper - 03-23-2020, 06:17 PM
RE: The Case for Going QB Early (Long) - by Upper - 03-23-2020, 07:03 PM
RE: The Case for Going QB Early (Long) - by PS9 - 03-24-2020, 07:18 AM
RE: The Case for Going QB Early (Long) - by Mikey - 03-24-2020, 10:10 AM
RE: The Case for Going QB Early (Long) - by Kane - 03-25-2020, 10:07 AM