Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com grades Jags off-season trades

(This post was last modified: 03-26-2020, 12:13 PM by Caldrac.)

They managed to get their salary cap up to $20M. That's with Yannick Ngakoue still being potentially traded this off season and with more cuts potentially between A.J Cann, Abry Jones and Marqise Lee if they end up adding quality players in next month's draft to replace them with.

I don't mind ANY of the trades so far because this was a historically BAD defense last year WITH Bouye, Campbell and Ngakoue on it. Not saying they were all responsible for it. But it was going to take a lot of retooling and reworking this off season to fix it slightly and having that cap space allows that to start happening now.

They did Campbell a service by shipping him off to Baltimore. That's what good players deserve. That's what good locker room guys deserve. And this front office is trying like hell now to repair and restore it's public image with the NFLPA. Bouye gets to go to Denver. Campbell gets to go to Baltimore. Foles gets to go to Chicago.

All three of those guys are going to teams that can compete right away with higher opportunities to showcase their abilities to aim for a bigger contract when the time comes around. We're over here trying to rebuild with 12 selections so far after they "hopefully" caught some much needed lightning in a bottle last year with Minshew.

The odds of this team going from 6 - 10 to 10 - 6 in 2020 are slim to none. Keeping those guys here while they can still compete would have been a disservice. Especially when you consider that none of them were locker room cancers nor trying to rock the boat.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Messages In This Thread
RE: NFL.com grades Jags off-season trades - by Caldrac - 03-26-2020, 12:12 PM