Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What's the story behind you becoming a Jaguars fan?

My wife's business that she worked for in the early 2000's got group tickets for a home game for the whole company and their family members.  Had not been following the Jags, and had been keeping a distance from the NFL, since my favorite team at that time was the Redskins and they had regressed to being perennial losers.  

I actually had never been to an NFL game, as I was always of  the mindset that watching it on TV was better than see a bunch of ants from the nosebleed sections. But we were all in the Bud Zone. Leftwich was taking over the reigns as starting QB, and we were playing against Peyton Manning and the Colts. Peyton was working in the Red Zone that we were sitting in, and the whole stadium was yelling, trying to keep him from calling and audible. It worked! Peyton got exasperated and threw his hands down in disgust and the Colts got a delay of game penalty. Drive stalled. Leftwich threw a bomb later to Jimmy Smith and scored the winning TD.

In the following days, Jack Del Rio credited the Jacksonville fans for essentially being the factor that halted Manning from scoring. I felt responsible for the win.  I had contributed. I was hooked from that time on. Became a fan of the Jags and the stadium experience. And it's been 20 years of complete bliss  Laughing

Messages In This Thread
RE: What's the story behind you becoming a Jaguars fan? - by Flagler Jagsfan - 03-26-2020, 11:18 AM