Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What's the story behind you becoming a Jaguars fan?

Growing up, I was an Eagles fan due to living in Eastern Pa. I chose them over the Giants when, as a young child, they defeated the Packers in 1960 to win the NFL Championship. Unfortunately, their franchise got progressively worse with the exception of the years when Dick Vermeil was the coach. I moved to Jacksonville in the 1970's and it was a no-brainer to become a Jags fan their first season in 1995. I've had season tickets since 1995 and avidly follow the draft and free agency during the off-season.

I was very unhappy about the addition of a 2nd London game and the organization's explanation for this. They have extended the ticket order deadline to April 24 due to the virus and it is likely I will not renew to show my dis-pleasure with this decision. It's my intent to still attend some games this season and will most likely renew for the 2021-22 season. I am reluctantly optimistic about the future success of this team once all the rookies gain experience and Minshew continues to improve. This will be the only way that Khan will keep the team here for the longer term. If fans don't show up for 2 or 3 seasons, it is highly likely he'll move them to another city like St. Louis.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What's the story behind you becoming a Jaguars fan? - by jaglou53 - 03-27-2020, 11:12 AM