Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tell me your experiences during these trying times

(This post was last modified: 06-27-2020, 07:14 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

I have had black friends since kindergarten. I have never had to make an effort to be friends with someone of a different race. This is why I think teaching someone not to be racist isn't actually a real thing. I have very liberal family in California whom are vocal about all this on social media and have probably never shaken the hand of a person of color their entire life. I don't believe in the gesture of going out of your way to prove you arent a racist. That is built into being a decent human who was raised properly.

The media isnt real life. Twitter isnt real life. This message board isn't real life. I experience the exact same things you described in my daily interactions in the community. The word "racist" has been misused and watered down.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tell me your experiences during these trying times - by StroudCrowd1 - 06-27-2020, 07:13 PM