Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What if Bortles completes that pass

(07-03-2020, 01:56 PM)mikesez Wrote: I was 15 years old watching the Titans playoff game on TV. I actually didn't have my hopes up too high because they had already beaten us twice and one of those two times they destroyed us something like 41 to 20. Also, since that was only their fifth year in the league, and they had been to the playoffs four out of those five years, I figured there would be lots more opportunities to see them go to the super bowl.
I saw the Titans dominating in the trenches especially in the second half, and knew they were going to win and I accepted it. I thought back to the 1997 playoffs where I watched Terrell Davis just repeatedly gash the Jaguars and I got really stressed out about it. As I watched Eddie George and Steve McNair do the same thing, I had context and I understood.
To me the 2017 Patriots game is the most heartbreaking of all, because the jags did dominate in the trenches and they did get creative with their play calling and it still didn't work.

To answer the original question, I don't think Bortles is still a Jaguar today, even if he wins a Super Bowl for us.
The contract extension we offered him after 2017 would have been bigger, but not much bigger, with a Super bowl win on his resume.  I don't think we would have been any less willing to part ways in 2019, unless his performances and 2018 and 2019 were somehow better.

You bring up an interesting scenario. If he completes that pass, we go to the Super Bowl. I think we would have beat Nick Foles and the Eagles to give us our first championship. 

I think we still let him walk.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What if Bortles completes that pass - by JagFanatic24 - 07-04-2020, 06:20 AM
RE: What if Bortles completes that pass - by Kane - 07-15-2020, 10:00 AM