Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Colts trade Rock Ya-Sin for Yannick Ngakoue

(06-10-2022, 06:22 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(06-09-2022, 11:06 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: I love how no one says anything about these.

BTW if the Bengals had had a better O-line they would have won the SB as Chase (Higgins or some other WR) were torching Ramsey. Chase had Ramsey beaten but Burrow couldn't deliver the pass. If the Bengals win that game Ramsey would have been one of the biggest culprits.
Now you pretty much act like 2017 was thanks to only Ramsey and Ngakoue  Laughing

And before anyone says "no one said that" 

"The MOST you've said is that their presence would not have made any difference on a team this bad. Aside from our history showing that wasn't true...giving us our first and only winning season between 2008 amd the present" post #46 which also puts some words in my mouth I never said but whatever.

Don't mind me though, keep crying about a guy no one wants to keep and is one of the worst at his position vs the run and a guy who faked an injury to get out of this team, has a big mouth and in the biggest game of his life he was average at best... not to mention their big fragile egos.

What else is there to say about those statements that doesn't belabor the obvious?

Yes, Ngakpue has gone to a lot of teams in a short period of time.  Know who else has done that?  Brandin Cooks, who has been traded more than Ngakoue has.But as much as you want to make that a negative for Ngakoue (and by extension Brandin Cooks), the fact is, both players are better than anyone Jacksonville has at those positions-to say nothing of the fact teams were still interested in acquiring both players.  Both players have been on teams far better than the Jaguars have been since they traded Ngakoue.  You keep harping on Ngakoue being traded several times, but it doesn't change anything.  The Jaguars still haven't drafted or signed anyone that matches his production.

As for Ramsey having a bad Super Bowl...I can agree with that I can agree with the idea that if Burrow had better protection on that final play, Ramsey likely would have been beaten for the winning TD in the Super Bowl.  But the key phrase is "in the Super Bowl."  Despite all of the vilification those on your side like to heap on Ramsey, the fact is almost every team in the league was interested in trading for him, and the team that wound up trading for him was the team that won the Super Bowl.  They were in no way dissuaded from trading for him, nor were they in any way dissuaded from signing him to a long term contract.  After trading Ramsey and Ngakoue, the Jaguars were nowhere close to winning the Super Bowl.  In fact, the team was literally the furthest team away from winning the Super Bowl.  The last time the Jaguars were even close to the Super Bowl was in 2017, with a team featuring....wait for it....Jalen Ramsey and Yannick Ngakoue. 

I'm also not sure why you think their presence would have only made the difference in 1 game.  Out of what body cavity of yours did you pull that figure?!?

What kills me is you take some sort of victory in not paying for players who have performed at a high level for this team, only to celebrate a record breaking class of free agent signings of players totaling over $170 million in guaranteed money to guys who were nowhere near as productive for their teams as Ramsey and Ngakoue were for ours.  We signed a #3 WR at best in Kirk, a #4 WR at best in Zay Jones, who failed miserably in Buffahole, a guy who was deemed a disappointment in NY for Evan Engram.  Scherff was a good signing.  Oluakun and FO were good signings.  Williams was a good signing.  But our cap, at face value, isn't as good as it might otherwise have been before all of the signings.  So you burned through all of the cap room you created by not signing Ngakoue and Ramsey for players not as good.  The team hasn't won any more games since trading them away.  We didn't even maximize the return from the trades, absolutely botching the 2020 draft.  What is there to show for letting them get away?

Lol, Yawn isn't better than Josh Allen.  Give me Allen any daybof the week and twice on Sunday.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Colts trade Rock Ya-Sin for Yannick Ngakoue - by flgatorsandjags - 06-10-2022, 06:52 PM