Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2nd Round Pick 36 TJ Yeldon

Quote:FWIW a 6+ YPC isn't really sustainable.

Gordon 10. / 7.8 / 7.5

Gurley 6.2 / 6.0 / 7.4

Coleman 4.4 / 7.3 / 7.5

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Jeez guys...you all are so darn hard to please.

We just got a heck of a running back....and all you can do is gripe.

It's not stats...its what he has inside too!

i dont mind yeldon himself

what i do mind is this numbskull for a GM picking him in the 2nd round when he might have even been there in the 4th

most definitely would have been there in the 3rd

we could have had denzel perrimen from UM 

There some more nice runs here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVyUzGE735o

Especially check out #6.

And watch these runs vs Texas A&M...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aNKWcDXUAg

'02

Per Johnny O'

"The Jaguars need touchdown makers".

I think Yeldon is a touchdown maker......look for pick #3 to also be a TD maker.

Unless Randy Gregory is still there.

They'd be crazy not to take Gregory in round 3..... Wouldn't they?

Quote:Gordon 10. / 7.8 / 7.5

Gurley 6.2 / 6.0 / 7.4

Coleman 4.4 / 7.3 / 7.5

I'm too lazy to pull the other draft eligable RBs stats but I'm curious if these could be considered outliers or not. Also its worth mentioning that he shared time with other running backs and I don't believe the same could be said about the 3 you highlighted.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Per Johnny O'

"The Jaguars need touchdown makers".

I think Yeldon is a touchdown maker......look for pick #3 to also be a TD maker.

Unless Randy Gregory is still there.

They'd be crazy not to take Gregory in round 3..... Wouldn't they?

I'd rather have Eli Harold if both last that long.

'02

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/KCJoynerTFS'>KC Joyner ‏@KCJoynerTFS </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/KCJoynerTFS/status/594299280195739649' title="7:36 PM - 1 May 2015">35m</a>

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/KCJoynerTFS/status/594299280195739649' title="7:36 PM - 1 May 2015">35 minutes ago</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;"><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/TonyKhan'>@TonyKhan</a> Yeldon also had 82% conversion rate past two years on rushes at/inside 2-Yard line. Par is 59%.

Quote:I'm too lazy to pull the other draft eligable RBs stats but I'm curious if these could be considered outliers or not. Also its worth mentioning that he shared time with other running backs and I don't believe the same could be said about the 3 you highlighted.

Keep in mind that college stats don't really compare like NFL stats because each team has different levels of competition and their schemes often revolve around many more players.

'02

Quote:KC Joyner ‏@KCJoynerTFS  35m

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">35 minutes ago
<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">@TonyKhan Yeldon also had 82% conversion rate past two years on rushes at/inside 2-Yard line. Par is 59%.

</div>

I do notice that he tends to play with exceptional effort when he gets near the end zone. Given his taller and somewhat upright stature, his deceptive speed, and his nose for the end zone, I'm kind of reminded of James Stewart except he also has an exceptional cutting ability.

'02

Quote:I do notice that he tends to play with exceptional effort when he gets near the end zone.

I've seen people mention he's a guy that typically seems to always fall forward for 1 or 2 yards.  Hard to get him backwards.

Quote:I'm too lazy to pull the other draft eligable RBs stats but I'm curious if these could be considered outliers or not. Also its worth mentioning that he shared time with other running backs and I don't believe the same could be said about the 3 you highlighted.

I'm not sure how sharing time makes a difference in per carry.

But: Abdullah 5.0 / 6.0 / 6.1

That's four of the top RBs in just this draft. 6.0 is clearly sustainable.

Alabama took the run seriously. Their OL was well schooled in run blocking. Recent Bama RBs have disappointed in the NFL. Do you really think T.J. is the exception?

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:KC Joyner ‏@KCJoynerTFS  35m

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">35 minutes ago
<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">@TonyKhan Yeldon also had 82% conversion rate past two years on rushes at/inside 2-Yard line. Par is 59%.

</div>

What is par for Alabama under Saban?

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2015, 09:22 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:I'm not sure how sharing time makes a difference in per carry.

But: Abdullah 5.0 / 6.0 / 6.1

That's four of the top RBs in just this draft. 6.0 is clearly sustainable.

Alabama took the run seriously. Their OL was well schooled in run blocking. Recent Bama RBs have disappointed in the NFL. Do you really think T.J. is the exception?
I don't like the pick but apparently the experts and draftniks do. So I plan on doing more research to see what I'm missing. From the few videos I've seen I'm coming around slowly.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Recent Bama RBs have disappointed in the NFL. Do you really think T.J. is the exception?

Eddie Lacy appears to be doing ok.

'02

finally a guy we've been missing: a TRUE running back with great instincts.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Listen Guys,

To everyone who is hating on this pick. None of you have put in the time or energy into this draft that Dave and Gus have. They know a lot more than you so trust in their process. I love that some of you think or pretend that you know more about football than these guys. It's borderline crazy.

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2015, 09:27 PM by GlockBortles.)

I overreacted a bit but im still mad at this pick. It was a reach out of Daves fear for a run on RBs that never happened.

good player though.

Quote:I overreacted a bit but im still mad at this pick. It was a reach out of Daves fear for a run on RBs that never happened.

good player though.

How do you figure that's the reason?

Quote:Listen Guys,

To everyone who is hating on this pick. None of you have put in the time or energy into this draft that Dave and Gus have. They know a lot more than you so trust in their process. I love that some of you think or pretend that you know more about football than these guys. It's borderline crazy.

Just like we were crazy for criticizing the Alualu pick.

http://espn.go.com/blog/jacksonville-jag...ks-in-2015

Denard's new role