Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Caldwell: "We will be big-spenders in Free Agency."

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2015, 11:18 PM by Joe.)

Quote:I would us to give JPP a "prove it" deal like Sen'Derrick Marks had recieved when we signed him. I think JPP could thrive in the LEO position and revive his career like Marks did. Also we should sign Baluga for RT he's good. Really the only good players on our O-line is Brandon Linder and Luke Bowanko. We need to give Bortles a big Tight End that can be his security blanket, Marcedes Lewis is awful and should be cut this off season. Thomas would give Bortles and security blanket and a weapon.
Lol JPP would wipe his butt with a "prove it deal".

He's 25. He career doesn't need revival.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:He's going to get franchised by Kansas City, but he'd somehow hit free agency you give him whatever he wants.

That's my thinking as well.
Shock the world

Quote:Is that $61 mil after Lewis and Poz cap hits? I would imagine it is.

Both of their cap hits for 2015 count in full at this number. And btw, they're not about to release Poz.

'02

Quote:Both of their cap hits for 2015 count in full at this number. And btw, they're not about to release Poz.
Yeah, I agree.  Not sure why people think they're going to move on from Poz at this point.  All indications are they absolutely love the guy and want him in the locker room, where he's among the leaders on this team.  When you've got guys like Marks stepping up to say exactly that, it's almost a certainty he's not going anywhere, especially since his production is certainly worth retention.

As far as the cap space this team has to work with, they're not going to make personnel decisions in order to save money at this point.  There's no need. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

People who think Poz is going anywhere have the blinders on.

If the team had cap issues, perhaps.  They don't, and there isn't any indication they will any time soon.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:If the team had cap issues, perhaps.  They don't, and there isn't any indication they will any time soon.
He may just play under his contract since we do not need the money. Or renegotiate the numbers and add years to get a lower cap number. Whatever it is make it happen. We need him.

Quote:He may just play under his contract since we do not need the money. Or renegotiate the numbers and add years to get a lower cap number. Whatever it is make it happen. We need him.

I think he's already said he's willing to renegotiate if it adds time to his contract.   Can't find the link, though.  

Quote:Both of their cap hits for 2015 count in full at this number. And btw, they're not about to release Poz.

oh I don't want them to release him. I like him a lot. Just asked bc I know he has a big hit is all.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Regarding Poz, the Jags still need to find a more mobile MLB who can play on 3rd downs passing situations. Poz is not as mobile as he once was. I think the Jags will target a ILB in the draft this year to groom him to play behind Poz and later take over for Poz.

Quote:Regarding Poz, the Jags still need to find a more mobile MLB who can play on 3rd downs passing situations. Poz is not as mobile as he once was. I think the Jags will target a ILB in the draft this year to groom him to play behind Poz and later take over for Poz.

Thomas already took over for Poz, and did a good job of it.  Poz has already been replaced.

every time i see this thread i get excited then realize it aint gonn happen

If they ask why I act this way..just tell'em I'm from..

[Image: below-model-jax-2013.jpg]

DUUUUUUUVVVVAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL

Quote:every time i see this thread i get excited then realize it aint gonn happen
lol Kind of true.

I wish someone would dig up their FA wishlist from last year and see how many people we actually got off their list.

I don't think he could let Beadles go without a big cap hit. I also doubt he would be made an expensive back up. Linder isn't worth benching just to let Beadles play RG. I look at it as a wake up call to Beadles to play better.

Quote:Thomas already took over for Poz, and did a good job of it.  Poz has already been replaced.

Nope

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Thomas already took over for Poz, and did a good job of it.  Poz has already been replaced.
Thomas is one of the worst linebackers I have seen. On the Jags or anywhere.. For all the slips Gratz had, or the "bad angles" Cyp took, or Telvin being overmatched during blocks,  Thomas stands head and shoulders as the worst starter on the defense in replacing Poz. He may be a great guy, I am sure he is, he is not an NFL player, either starter or backup. I question his desire to hit, perhaps he has had too many big time NFL hits and wants no part of it anymore. That is the exact opposite of a linebacker mentality. Hayes is a backup, Smith is a potential starter, Thomas needs a new line of work.

Quote:Thomas is one of the worst linebackers I have seen. On the Jags or anywhere.. For all the slips Gratz had, or the "bad angles" Cyp took, or Telvin being overmatched during blocks, Thomas stands head and shoulders as the worst starter on the defense in replacing Poz. He may be a great guy, I am sure he is, he is not an NFL player, either starter or backup. I question his desire to hit, perhaps he has had too many big time NFL hits and wants no part of it anymore. That is the exact opposite of a linebacker mentality. Hayes is a backup, Smith is a potential starter, Thomas needs a new line of work.

Not sure I agree with this. Not saying we should get rid of Poz but the defense played like a top 10 unit without him in the lineup andthomas starting.

If the Jags rework or release Poz's contract and let marcedes go they are close to 70 million in cap space.  I will be extremely discouraged if atleast a couple of big names don't come here.  It's not a coincidence that the teams with the most cap space also have the most losses.  We need talent and really don't want to gameble on just rookie improvements to get there.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2015, 02:52 PM by Etdavis2006.)

Quote:If the Jags rework or release Poz's contract and let marcedes go they are close to 70 million in cap space. I will be extremely discouraged if atleast a couple of big names don't come here. It's not a coincidence that the teams with the most cap space also have the most losses. We need talent and really don't want to gameble on just rookie improvements to get there.
Exactly how I feel. We should be able to pillage teams like Kansas and New Orleans. Their cap situations are a mess and will have to cut many guys just to reach the max number. Players like Houston cannot be tagged. They just don't have the money.

Im really hoping Caldwell really adds players. I'm not even hoping for certain positions. I just want play makers no matter what position they are.

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2015, 02:56 PM by SpeedyG.)

The Giants last off-season, I thought was one of the busiest teams when it came to resigning their own players and adding players to their team. Their "high priced" signings include Jon Beason, Geoff Scwartz, Rashad Jennings, Walter Thurmond, and Rodgers Cromartie.

After signing those guys and several other smaller signings, the Giants still had $4M left out of the $25M they had before free-agency began.

Now think about just how much space $60M is. Poz and Lewis will be back, because releasing them just further pushes us down the threshold and I don't know how we can reach that unless we just overpay everyone...including B and C rated free-agents.