Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Blackmon. Why All The Secrecy?

Quote:The media is speculating.  They're not reporting facts.

Look at the first couple of paragraphs of this article from Fox Sports on the Gordon situation.  There are no facts there at all.   
The only reason we know what happened to Mathis is because he willingly talked about it to the media.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The only reason we know what happened to Mathis is because he willingly talked about it to the media.
That's my point.  The players are welcome to share the information as they see fit.  Otherwise it's pure speculation by the media. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:That's my point. The players are welcome to share the information as they see fit. Otherwise it's pure speculation by the media.
I don't understand why people can't get it through their heads that medical information is CONFIDENTIAL. Anyone releasing said information without the patient's (player) permission is potentially opening themselves up to a hefty lawsuit. It's not that difficult.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:I don't understand why people can't get it through their heads that medical information is CONFIDENTIAL. Anyone releasing said information without the patient's (player) permission is potentially opening themselves up to a hefty lawsuit. It's not that difficult.

I think it's starting to sink in for most folks. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:That's my point.  The players are welcome to share the information as they see fit.  Otherwise it's pure speculation by the media. 

...and Blackmon isn't talking to anyone.

Which, I don't think is any big deal at all.  His choice.

An interesting observation from all this is that It would appear his circle of friends only includes he, himself, and him... as there's no one person "close" to him that those interested are approaching to dig for information.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:...and Blackmon isn't talking to anyone.

Which, I don't think is any big deal at all.  His choice.

An interesting observation from all this is that It would appear his circle of friends only includes he, himself, and him... as there's no one person "close" to him that those interested are approaching to dig for information.
Its possible those close to Blackmon simply aren't talking, presumably at his request.  Unfortunately, that's probably means he's not addressing his problem.  If there is good news, why not make it known?

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

I share the sentiment that Blackmon is not taking care of the issue. Caldwell and Bradley have both indicated there is nothing positive going on. It's his choice to put forth the effort.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:Its possible those close to Blackmon simply aren't talking, presumably at his request.  Unfortunately, that's probably means he's not addressing his problem.  If there is good news, why not make it known?

Blackmon did that the last time he "got clean"  and everyone thought he turned over a new leaf. It could be possible that he realizes his words are empty at this point and only his actions can make a believer out of the staff.

In the unlikley event that he really does have the mentality, then he's already one step closer to beating his addiction.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:Blackmon did that the last time he "got clean"  and everyone thought he turned over a new leaf. It could be possible that he realizes his words are empty at this point and only his actions can make a believer out of the staff.

In the unlikley event that he really does have the mentality, then he's already one step closer to beating his addiction.
Your reasoning is sound, but I think the only thing he's one step closer to is the edge of a cliff.....

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:Unfortunately, as mods we're kind of required to read the threads.  From there, it's a downward spiral.

Not to mention the distance mods have to travel amist that downward spiral...

Don't worry, the fall never hurts. But that sudden stop accompanied by a few bounces is hurtful... "OUCH"

NH3...
"AZANE"