Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***OFFICIAL 2014 Jacksonville Jaguars Regular Season Schedule Discussion Thread!***

Quote:Some of you all want me to run through a six pack of Bud Light right now.
make it a case, and I'll join you.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I like the schedule, we need to weather the early storm.  If we can beat the Eagles in week 1 I think this season could go pretty good.  I think our run D will be much better so we have to stop shady and put pressure on Foles.

2 or 3.

Quote:Say what??????

Alienate who?  This can't possibly be serious. I've been here over the past few years and read over countless "Show me before I buy tickets" threads, and heard more of the like from McManus and all the other talking heads on the radio. Now, my eyes are burning because someone has the balls to question Kahn's move to actually get good money for this franchise from a home game, while at the same time keeping the franchise from moving.

Please tell me this is a joke and people haven't become so self-centered to think that this some entitlement. This owner is using some serious vision to make this franchise viable in this market. He is doing so despite at the time he purchased said franchise, everyone wanted to stand on rooftops and shout, "show me the team, then I'll buy!"

He did Jaguar fans a huge favor and they're too stupid to even realize it, if that response is indicative of the common sentiment.

One way to look at losing one game a year to London is to look at how bad the team has been recently, and consider it a mercy move by the organization.  Local fans won't have to suffer through more bad football.

That logic works for the past games, but as the team improves, that's going to be a tough sell.  The thing that rubs me the wrong way about these games is that, while it certainly helps the bottom line financially for the franchise, losing a premium game each year diminishes the value of our season tickets.  Last year it was San Francisco coming off a Super Bowl appearance.  This year it's the Cowboys, who are a draw anywhere they go.  Why not take Cleveland and throw the fans in Jacksonville a bone?  If they promote it properly, they're still going to get their crowds in London. 

I was skeptical about the motivation behind playing in London, but I've gotten past that.  I still don't like the fact that we will lose our higher profile match-ups.  As an NFL season ticket holder, that's half the fun of going to the games.  We get to see the best of the best.  We lose that with this arrangement. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Thinking about the schedule, I'm beginning to wonder if the league helped the Jaguars more than initially thought.

Yes, the prevalence of road games early is hurtful.

However, one way the Jaguars benefit from the schedule is a subtle one.

Starting with the Falcons preseason game, the Jaguars will play the first 8 games of the season against 3-4 teams.

I think this will help the OL get on the same page more quickly, though it will lead to some struggles early.  If the OL is facing the same fronts every week, it should help them coordinate blitz pickups and run blocking. 

By the time we reach the closing part of the schedule after they bye, when 4 out of the last 5 opponents are running 3-4 schemes, the OL should be proficient blocking those schemes by then.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Apparently Seahawks fans are complaining about their schedule too.  I don't know why, but we are not alone.

Complaining about the schedule is pathetic. 

"Oh Boo Hoo! We don't have more prime time games!"

"WAAA!  The schedule is so tough.  Look at when we have to play these teams!"

Seriously...The opponents we play are given in a freaking formula that we knew from the moment the regular season ended.  We are going to have 7 home games.  Who the crap cares when they are!?  I am still going to be able to watch the Jaguars 16 out of 17 weeks.  I couldn't care less who the opponent is on any given week.  We play who we play.  I'm just thankful when the season starts.

One of these years.............

Quote:Complaining about the schedule is pathetic. 

"Oh Boo Hoo! We don't have more prime time games!"

"WAAA!  The schedule is so tough.  Look at when we have to play these teams!"

Seriously...The opponents we play are given in a freaking formula that we knew from the moment the regular season ended.  We are going to have 7 home games.  Who the crap cares when they are!?  I am still going to be able to watch the Jaguars 16 out of 17 weeks.  I couldn't care less who the opponent is on any given week.  We play who we play.  I'm just thankful when the season starts.

I've never understood the point, either.  Why waste energy on what you can't change?

When the season is over, they'll love it if we overachieve, and they'll hate it if the team has a disappointing season.  Rarely do initial reactions hold over the course of the season.  A home game on the Christmas weekend can get tricky depending on when the day falls, but again that's nothing you can really control.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Apparently Seahawks fans are complaining about their schedule too.  I don't know why, but we are not alone.

I think most fan bases are complaining about schedule when they are released. Smile

For us three things mostly:

1. just one home primetime game - season opener against Packers. We were too dominant at home in primetime games over the last two seasons and this doesn't help TV ratings, so instead we play this year on the road against Redskins (RG3 vs Wilson) and divisional games against 49ers and Cardinals. We will probably get another home primetime game flexed in the later part of the season (maybe in week 15 against 49ers).

2. bye week already in week 4 - we could use it later in the season but it is what it is

3. two games against SF in 17 days (TNF on Thanksgiving and then at home in Week 15)

Other than the last one, I personally don't have any problem with our schedule. It's not easy, but I have already know that before. I just don't like two games against the same opponent in such a short time. And those two games could decide about NFC West champions. What if Wilson and/or Kaepernick get injured in first game and miss the second? (I won't mention other key players injuries, because injuries happen all the time and I believe both teams have good enough depth to get over most of it). I think league should think about that.

Quote:Y'all see the sportsnation tweet about us? Now that ticks me off.

Sportsnation? Is that like a talk show on sports?

Quote:Sportsnation? Is that like a talk show on sports?

Do you not have a tv?

We play a lot of popular teams, not many good teams. You guys need to differintiate the 2. 

4-12
Shad Khan - Please click below:

http://www.from-the-heart-feng-shui.com/...curse.html

It's days like this that I wish I was the mod who has the authority to ban this fool. Would make my day, seriously.
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

(This post was last modified: 05-27-2014, 06:56 AM by temporaryname.)

Quote:Its not the schedule and last year schedule wasn't that tough the Jaguars just suck and will try to make an excuse why they can't win a game thats all and wonder why they can't sell out a full stadium and what sucks is the mascot run around acting crazy other NFL mascots are solid laid back mascot who don't do dumb [BAD WORD REMOVED] like that but are entertaining to their fans unlike the Jaguars to keep anybody from bashing on them they will have to win games

Am I the only one that's thinking that somewhere, there's a village with this guy's picture on the back of it's milk cartons?

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]