Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Stand United

Quote:It's too easy to lay the blame on one person. First it was Shack Harris, then David Garrard, then Del Rio, then Gene Smith, then Mularkey. Who's it going to be next? Folks, we have an organizational problem. Weaver was too loyal and Khan is a bumper salesman.

Regards......................the Chiefjag

Bumper salesman? Is that supposed to be a dig or something? The guy is a self made billionaire and one of the wealthiest people in the wealthiest country in the world.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Bumper salesman? Is that supposed to be a dig or something? The guy is a self made billionaire and one of the wealthiest people in the wealthiest country in the world.
The chiefs animosity towards Mr. Khan has been on display for quite some time. It seeps into every one of his posts.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:Bumper salesman? Is that supposed to be a dig or something? The guy is a self made billionaire and one of the wealthiest people in the wealthiest country in the world.

I couldn't care less how much money he's made or what he has in the bank. Donald Trump is a billionaire too. So is Ted Turner. I don't like them either. Being wealthy doesn't equal being a good football owner.

Regards.....................the Chiefjag

Quote:The chiefs animosity towards Mr. Khan has been on display for quite some time. It seeps into every one of his posts.

Chief live off land.  Chief need no money.  Chief want win.  Chief impatient.  Chief need Pocahontas.

Quote:I couldn't care less how much money he's made or what he has in the bank. Donald Trump is a billionaire too. So is Ted Turner. I don't like them either. Being wealthy doesn't equal being a good football owner.

Khan appears to be the best kind. He's hired some smart guys and he's leaving them to their work. His kid on the other hand...

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:It's too easy to lay the blame on one person. First it was Shack Harris, then David Garrard, then Del Rio, then Gene Smith, then Mularkey. Who's it going to be next? Folks, we have an organizational problem. Weaver was too loyal and Khan is a bumper salesman.

Regards......................the Chiefjag

Looks like you answered your own question.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:I couldn't care less how much money he's made or what he has in the bank. Donald Trump is a billionaire too. So is Ted Turner. I don't like them either. Being wealthy doesn't equal being a good football owner.

You listed Weaver's fault as being too loyal. Is being a "bumper salesman" some sort of negative? What's your point in even saying it?

Quote:Chief live off land.  Chief need no money.  Chief want win.  Chief impatient.  Chief need Pocahontas.

Chief no trust brown man with curly mustache

Quote:Hows that working out for Gratz and Ball?

Ball hasn't missed a game and it's far too early to make a judgment on Gratz. You know this.

Quote:Chief no trust brown man with curly mustache

Now that's funny! Confusedweat:

Quote:Who isn't giving him credit as a GM? He drafted good in the first round. Nobody denies that. His picks after that left alot to be desired and he overpaid alot of free agents. If you don't see that, your head must be buried in the sand.
He also took us to the playoffs 4 times with 2 afc championship games?

vs after coughlin

3 playoff games (2 resulting in blowouts) and a divisonal round loss.

Thie organization made a huge mistake by letting coughlin go.  He has 2 superbowl rings now and still coaching the giants.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

#StandUnited

Quote:Chief no trust brown man with curly mustache

Thanks for the levity..... Smile

Quote:He also took us to the playoffs 4 times with 2 afc championship games?

vs after coughlin

3 playoff games (2 resulting in blowouts) and a divisonal round loss.

Thie organization made a huge mistake by letting coughlin go.  He has 2 superbowl rings now and still coaching the giants.

I'll just assume you weren't a fan of the team in 2002.

;

;

Quote:Khan appears to be the best kind. He's hired some smart guys and he's leaving them to their work. His kid on the other hand...
I agree with you as far as Khan goes - I think he is aware that if you hire good people you will get good results - it may take time but it will happen... as far as his kid - let's wait and see - we do not know how much of an impact his analytics play in the day to day running of the team...but why not try something new?  They seem to have made it clear it is not the be all end all and just a facet - so I am game...what else do we have to do this season but be optimistic?

Quote:I agree with you as far as Khan goes - I think he is aware that if you hire good people you will get good results - it may take time but it will happen... as far as his kid - let's wait and see - we do not know how much of an impact his analytics play in the day to day running of the team...but why not try something new?  They seem to have made it clear it is not the be all end all and just a facet - so I am game...what else do we have to do this season but be optimistic?

My concern is that he turns into Daniel Snyder but with math instead fantasy. We'll see...

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We're all in this boat together.  Frustrated? Yes!  Jaguar fans in the mean time?  That to.  

Gene's Myth

Quote:I'll just assume you weren't a fan Yeof the team in 2002.
I have been a fan since 1995.   Yes we were bad but now we are 10x worse.  Coughlin is a great coach but bad GM.  If weaver kept coughlin on as a coach and strip his Gm duties we wouuld of been much better off.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:You listed Weaver's fault as being too loyal. Is being a "bumper salesman" some sort of negative? What's your point in even saying it?

I think Chief is trying to say Khan being a successful buisness owner doesn't make him a good sports owner.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:But you responded by talking about two pro bowl players... We didn't let any pro bowlers go.  We haven't had a legit pro bowler since MJD.  Last I checked, he is still on the team.

You are looking at the surface.  On the surface Chiefs were 2-14.  And on the surface you would think the Jags and Chiefs had comparable talent.  Dig a little deeper.  They had considerably more talent then the Jags.  

Defense may not be better, but don't know how you came to the conclusion already that they are worse.  

Forget the players for a second then, I'm trying to make the point that gutting the roster of any talent in order to rebuild the roster is insanity and rarly ever works. People ALWAYS respond with "they where 2-14 how could letting anyone go be bad?" It's not a valid argument, a 2-14 team is not void of talent, cutting starters and replacing them with UDFA or journymen Vets is a backward way to build a roster.

If the Gene tenure should've taught us anything it's 4 years is WAY to long to give someone to turn it around. I'm tired of hearing "oh but we where so bad give it time" we heard it when Shack took over as GM, Gene took over as GM, and now that Caldwell is taking over, sure lets give it time but damn it don't go backwards to go forward again.

I guess I'm just frustrated, we ignored the line (both sides of the ball) we released just about the entire secondary and decided to rock out with 2 rookies and some journeymen, I just look at the roster and I think where did we TRY to get better? I don't see it?

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]