Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Throwing Beer

(12-11-2017, 08:47 PM)EricC85 Wrote:
(12-11-2017, 05:38 PM)FBT Wrote:

How can they suspend Gronk and not Bennett?

Crazy how players can choke slam from behind and try to tear one of our players ACL and not get a suspension

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-11-2017, 08:50 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-11-2017, 08:47 PM)EricC85 Wrote: How can they suspend Gronk and not Bennett?

Crazy how players can choke slam from behind and try to tear one of our players ACL and not get a suspension

It is unreal. Makes no sense at all.

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2017, 10:24 PM by JagFan81.)

It really is incidents like this that makes me see just how crazy the world has become.

A player, in an away stadium in a big game, gets ejected after trying to injure players on a KNEEL DOWN (!), gets ejected for a second incident, some idiot throws a drink in his direction, while still wearing his helmet, he then decides to confront the opposition fans, who shockingly wind him up and boo for getting ejected and beating them, he causes the incident to carry on and more drinks fly and he decides he can climb into the stand and fight the fan.

And he's the victim? Yes, you shouldn't throw stuff but Richardson was hardly a saint. It's really weird this new notion that if someone offends you, retaliating 10 times worse is justified. The Buffalo fans were throwing snowballs yesterday. Is that ok? They did the exact same thing in the Superbowl against the Patriots, Bennett went for Gronk that day. 

Bennett's was pure scumbag move. Nothing but trying to injure and is it just me that thinks he tries to stamp on Linder, That's what Fournette seems to react too.

LOL, Go throw a punch at Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay and see how they treat you! 

Just another way for them to find a way to say something negative about us. Keep hating, keep ignoring us, we've got a chip on our shoulders and we are going to shock some teams.

There are fans like that in every fanbase, don't be naive. They just happened to be right near where Jefferson was exiting yesterday.

(12-11-2017, 08:50 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-11-2017, 08:47 PM)EricC85 Wrote: How can they suspend Gronk and not Bennett?

They're scared to go after him.

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2017, 12:48 AM by HandsomeRob86.)

(12-11-2017, 12:09 PM)cboogie Wrote: Long time reader and I felt compelled to create an account just for this thread. This will most like be my first and last post. 

But just for clarity.... 

Throwing beer on people "who don't have children", OK? 

Throwing beer on people "who have children", not OK? 

-cboogie

I doubt it will be the last. Once you have the ability to post your relationship with the board changes, and suddenly you can interact with people. Looking forward to seeing more posts.

Also, how is OP not banned already, I mean I have children, how do I explain this obvious troll from the seahawks coming and throwing his written trash allover my board? Basis4day needs to own his comments. We need accountability. Stay classy Seattle trolls (2nd class that is).

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(12-11-2017, 05:43 PM)FBT Wrote:
(12-11-2017, 05:34 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The NFL's discipline policy needs to be clarified.

One week you have a guy who looks like he was auditioning for WrestleMania get the same suspension as a guy who made a clean hit, and now this? Kind of a joke.

My guess is the league is terrified of suspending Bennett because of what he will allege if they do. The league only shows a spine when it doesn't interfere with political correctness.

One of the huge problems is Michael Bennett knows this and uses it to his advantage.

Unbelievable that no suspensions will be handed down. Then the Fans shouldn't be punished either! BS
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

It's a complete farce. The NFL is so hypocritical it's ridiculous. They preach 'player safety' yet make them play Thursday nights, don't give teams byes after travelling to Europe, and totally ignore a player that is obviously and intentionally trying to inflict injury on another.

I'm not one that has ever been on this bandwagon, but what do you think would have happened if one of the Jaguars did what Bennett did? What a low-life scumbag.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(12-11-2017, 08:41 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: There are two different things being discussed.

Bennett should garner a fine AND a suspension for what he did.  Going low against the center was bad enough, but after that he clearly purposely rolled onto the back of Linder's legs.  That was dirty, uncalled for and should warrant a suspension.

Jefferson should at the very least get a fine for the cheap shot that got him ejected on the very next play.  Then as he was just about to enter the tunnel, he chose to remove his helmet and confront the home team fans.  Had he just continued to the locker room the whole thing would have never happened.  Suspension for that?  Probably not.

I think what is being glossed over is the knucklehead that threw the first bottle/beer was being sought by security.  Clearly 2 security personnel were seen climbing into the stands prior to Jefferson's arrival at the rail where things really got out of hand.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

A couple drunk fans' actions don't determine how a whole fanbase acts (just like a couple *$&hole players don't speak to the character of the whole team).

I seem to remember a couple years ago the whole Bengals fanbase being vilified (from alot of people on this board) for the pathetic actions of a couple fans throwing stuff at Big Ben.
And, the whole Cleveland fanbase getting vilified for the bottle incident.

The actions of a few don't dictate the character of everyone.

All parties involved in this game's case are just complete jerks (the fans and players involved). Just the way I see it.

That doesn't mean "All Jags fans have no class". Geez.

(12-11-2017, 12:39 AM)basis4day Wrote: Zero class in this fan base. Jags fans need to own up. You did it. You threw beer on a man with children. [BLEEP] that.

(12-11-2017, 12:35 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: It's ok because Jags fan threw a cup of beer at him?  You are clueless.  No matter what fans do it is a big no no for a player to try a d go in the stands.  I'm sure he will get a fin

(12-11-2017, 12:38 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: So in your mind what Ron Artest and Stephen Jackson did... totally acceptable? Fans drink... game was getting chippy and out of hand. Bennett was trying to blow our best Oline man knee.... a fan (prob drunk) said screw it and threw a beer. By no means was throwing a beer at a player acceptable... but the reality is it happens. Fans throw things. Players know this! Ever been to an international soccer game? You might be mortified by what happens in those games. Never does a professional athlete go into the stands ... like how can you even defend that?

An NBA game a decade ago has zero to do with  this.

"You did it."

I didn't do anything.  I don't need to own up to anything.  I don't need to apologize for anything this fan base does.  The only person that needs to apologize are the people that threw anything.

Jefferson needs to apologize for throwing punches in the game and having awful moral character, the first fan that threw beer needs to apologize for throwing the beer and then Jefferson approached the fans and showed terrible professionalism.  Keep walking and let stadium management do their job.