Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFLPA wins grievance case and slams Jaguars management

(12-18-2019, 08:46 AM)Rico Wrote: There's no reason to do it right now, but if they don't clean house at the end of the year it may finally be the straw that broke the camel's back as far as me keeping my season tickets that I've held since year one.  I'm already teetering on the fence.

I'll see you next season.  I'll buy you a drink to tailgate with.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-18-2019, 08:46 AM)Rico Wrote: There's no reason to do it right now, but if they don't clean house at the end of the year it may finally be the straw that broke the camel's back as far as me keeping my season tickets that I've held since year one.  I'm already teetering on the fence.

Sadly I've already made the decision. Not based on the imminent house cleaning but my travel and work schedule. 

I wasted a lot of money on games I couldn't attend this year.  Selling tickets at 40% of their value or less. Couldn't even get $40 for my $142 tickets to the bolts game. 

It's just too easy for me to buy single game tickets cheaply and go to the 4 or 5 (if I'm lucky) games I can actually attend.

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2019, 09:48 AM by RicoTx.)

(12-18-2019, 09:15 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:

I'll see you next season.  I'll buy you a drink to tailgate with.

We'll see.  

It's kinda sad really.  We used to have a big tailgating group, 16-20 people, on a regular basis.  We've got a great parking spot across from Tailgaters.  We've got a whole corner of a lot to ourselves because we know the owners of the lot.  All of us were/are originals.  We've dwindled to around 12 'regulars', and 4-6 of those have not been showing up on a regular basis.  What's worse, our last game of the year we do a big shindig with prime rib, baked potatoes, shrimp, etc...etc.  We usually have people dropping by and we could have up to 30-35 people...hell even last year we had 22.  This year...six.  We'll have six for the last game.  

If they get rid of the whole crew, yeah, I'll probably reluctantly renew.  If not, we'll see....

We're just tired of getting beaten up on a regular basis.  2017 made it even worse.  It gave us a false sense that we had turned a corner.

(12-18-2019, 09:21 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Sadly I've already made the decision. Not based on the imminent house cleaning but my travel and work schedule. 

I wasted a lot of money on games I couldn't attend this year.  Selling tickets at 40% of their value or less. Couldn't even get $40 for my $142 tickets to the bolts game. 

It's just too easy for me to buy single game tickets cheaply and go to the 4 or 5 (if I'm lucky) games I can actually attend.

Well, I've been paying for two and going by myself for two solid years.  Maybe three times I was unable to unload my second.  You bought my second a couple of times, three years ago.

That's the option I'm considering.  But if they clean house I may re-up for one ticket and sit with some of the tailgaters.

The other thing is...I'm considering a move to TX.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(12-17-2019, 02:10 PM)Rico Wrote:
(12-17-2019, 01:54 PM)old_man Wrote: One play from the Superbowl...

Some players on defense got cocky the following year and became "Look at me Players".....  and Bortles didn't pan out.

I will be surprised if TC is not back next year.

So how'd that keepTomCoughlin website go for you the first time?  Maybe you should crank it up again.

Coughlin 2 Superbowls
Jags 0 Superbowls

lol.  ok.
Creator of the Website in 2001/2002

(12-17-2019, 03:25 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Make believe none of this happened, do you think the NFLPA wants small markets?  They want as much cash as possible and so what if small markets need to move. 

Typing this doesn't mean I wash the franchise free of this nonsense, I just find it distasteful for the NFPLA to target a team.  The evidence says enough without whizzing on the franchise.  And the shield means nothing, Godell is overpaid and a joke. This league is following the same patterns as all big entities and turning on their consumers.

This has, in the words of Jim Mora, "diddly-poo" to do with market size.

If the Rams were found to be doing the same miserable practices and continually in violation of the labor agreement, the union would advise teams to avoid the team that habitually overstepped its authority.

Plain and simple, the team management repeatedly screwed up and were called out for it. Were the franchise already in London, they would still have been deemed to have screwed up and would be subject to the same complaint by the PA.

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2019, 09:55 AM by jvillejagsn1.)

(12-18-2019, 09:50 AM)old_man Wrote:
(12-17-2019, 02:10 PM)Rico Wrote: So how'd that keepTomCoughlin website go for you the first time?  Maybe you should crank it up again.

Coughlin 2 Superbowls
Jags 0 Superbowls

lol.  ok.

He's also 3 and 0 (pending end of this year). In leaving franchises decimated.....
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2019, 09:55 AM by RicoTx.)

(12-17-2019, 02:10 PM)Rico Wrote: So how'd that keepTomCoughlin website go for you the first time?  Maybe you should crank it up again.

Coughlin 2 Superbowls
Jags 0 Superbowls

lol.  ok.

I'm baffled as to what you think that has to do with anything.

LOL...OK.

(12-17-2019, 09:14 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(12-17-2019, 11:10 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Ok boomer

Does anyone really think "Ok, boomer" is a cut down or makes a difference to a boomer?  It's just childish.

ok, boomer.

Big Grin

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2019, 10:21 AM by Mikey.)

(12-18-2019, 01:44 AM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(12-17-2019, 11:15 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Does this really surprise anyone? I mean, it's Coughlin.. He's always been known to be overly tough on players.. It's a new generation and you have to go with the times. In this generation, they're concentrating on and trying to protect players health involving CTE more and more.. Not going say the older generation was tougher, that may be the case. But with advances in medical science, they know more about mental and player health now more than ever.. Hell, they even used to include cigarettes in K rations during the great wars since they weren't considered very dangerous to your health.

This is it. I have a lot of respect for Coughlin but hes just wrong here. It's off season and players can do what they like. People may not like it but those are the rules. For Coughlin to decide these were mandatory and then fine players for not going. No. Its voluntary workouts all over again.

And fined 25 times, that's such a Coughlin wont back down, I'm in the right move. It looks real bad for him.

I get where hes trying to come from, he wants a medical team he knows to monitor the injury but talk about going the wrong way about it.

Based on some of the news that is surfacing after the report, I have a few new questions.

What does this say about our legal team? Either they were ignorant to Tom's actions, they approved him acting counter to the CBA, or they disapproved, and he went against their counsel and chose to fine them anyway.

If the statement about the PA offering to settle the matter is true, did our legal counsel actually advise them to continue defense of the complaints/accusations to the point of a decision for or against the franchise? Was there some portion of the settlement that was a sticking point that prohibited them from favoring that avenue?

Now that a decision has been reached, and we were found in violation, what penalty can we expect from the league, if any? We may have to redo some of those mock drafts in the college thread...

---

I grew up in Cleveland. I was a diehard Browns fan, until that bastard Art Modell decided to pick up and move the team. From that day, I have loathed and spat upon his name. I've never felt that way about anyone else in the world of sport, but Tom is awful dang close.

Coughlin 2 Superbowls
Jags 0 Superbowls

lol.  ok.

and Foles is a Superb Owl MVP. @how are we not undefeated at this point in the season?@

Silly Rabbit...

You've had season tickets since Day One and you're now threatening to cancel!!!

I've had season tickets Twice Now due to me moving to VA and returning. Post your seating sectioning and if it's better than mine, I'll claim your's.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(12-18-2019, 10:25 AM)NH3 Wrote:

Silly Rabbit...

You've had season tickets since Day One and you're now threatening to cancel!!!

I've had season tickets Twice Now due to me moving to VA and returning. Post your seating sectioning and if it's better than mine, I'll claim your's.

NH3...

Threatening?  I'm stating a logical, well thought out, fact.

(12-18-2019, 10:17 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(12-18-2019, 01:44 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: This is it. I have a lot of respect for Coughlin but hes just wrong here. It's off season and players can do what they like. People may not like it but those are the rules. For Coughlin to decide these were mandatory and then fine players for not going. No. Its voluntary workouts all over again.

And fined 25 times, that's such a Coughlin wont back down, I'm in the right move. It looks real bad for him.

I get where hes trying to come from, he wants a medical team he knows to monitor the injury but talk about going the wrong way about it.

Based on some of the news that is surfacing after the report, I have a few new questions.

What does this say about our legal team? Either they were ignorant to Tom's actions, they approved him acting counter to the CBA, or they disapproved, and he went against their counsel and chose to fine them anyway.

If the statement about the PA offering to settle the matter is true, did our legal counsel actually advise them to continue defense of the complaints/accusations to the point of a decision for or against the franchise? Was there some portion of the settlement that was a sticking point that prohibited them from favoring that avenue?

Now that a decision has been reached, and we were found in violation, what penalty can we expect from the league, if any? We may have to redo some of those mock drafts in the college thread...

---

Your absolutely right. Why did we fight it to this stage? 
Theres many more questions. Did Khan know? Did Marrone know? Did anyone talk with Coughlin about this?

This isn't turning up late for training, the rules are very clear about this. I've been waiting for the franchise to make some statement but here we are, silence. 

I just want someone to show some control and leadership. I know we want to be like the Patriots but going for the 'stretching the rules' angle?

It is a head scratcher how the organization ended up like this with
all the different people that HAD to be aware of this .....and as the owner
it ultimately falls on Khan's shoulders.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Coughlin 2 Superbowls
Jags 0 Superbowls

lol.  ok.

He got lucky in those superbowls that his defense caught fire both years during the last few weeks of the season and playoffs..

And he got lucky that Eli didn't choke it away

(12-18-2019, 11:06 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(12-18-2019, 09:50 AM)old_man Wrote: Coughlin 2 Superbowls
Jags 0 Superbowls

lol.  ok.

He got lucky in those superbowls that his defense caught fire both years during the last few weeks of the season and playoffs..

Irrelevant anyway.

He was the coach...and coach only of the Giants.

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2019, 11:18 AM by old_man.)

Superbowls:

Coughlin - 2
Jags - 0

(12-18-2019, 11:14 AM)old_man Wrote: Superbowls:

Coughlin - 2
Jags - 0

Poor Tiki...he ran his big mouth and never got a super bowl either....just like the knuckleheads that ran him out of Jacksonville.....

As I remember Tiki had things to say about coughlin as well..lol

(12-18-2019, 11:13 AM)Rico Wrote:
(12-18-2019, 11:06 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: He got lucky in those superbowls that his defense caught fire both years during the last few weeks of the season and playoffs..

Irrelevant anyway.

Correct.

Hopefully in 2020 for he is the coach for the Jaguars.
Creator of the Website in 2001/2002

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2019, 11:20 AM by RicoTx.)

Coughlin - 2
Jags - 0

Coughlin - 2
Jags - 0

Poor Tiki...he ran his big mouth and never got a super bowl either....just like the knuckleheads that ran him out of Jacksonville.....

(12-18-2019, 11:13 AM)Rico Wrote: Irrelevant anyway.

Correct.

Good God...talk about some poor soul living in the past.  Maybe we could dig Lombardi out of his grave too.

And I thought I was old.

Coughlin - 2
Jags - 0

Coughlin - 2
Jags - 0

(12-18-2019, 11:13 AM)Rico Wrote: Irrelevant anyway.

Correct.

I think Tiki's biggest beef with Coughlin was that Coughlin cut his number of snaps back because he wouldn't, you know, stop fumbling.

If Coughlin is the Jaguars coach in 2020, I'm not even going to bother watching.

(12-18-2019, 10:17 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(12-18-2019, 01:44 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: This is it. I have a lot of respect for Coughlin but hes just wrong here. It's off season and players can do what they like. People may not like it but those are the rules. For Coughlin to decide these were mandatory and then fine players for not going. No. Its voluntary workouts all over again.

---

I grew up in Cleveland. I was a diehard Browns fan, until that bastard Art Modell decided to pick up and move the team. From that day, I have loathed and spat upon his name. I've never felt that way about anyone else in the world of sport, but Tom is awful dang close.

(12-18-2019, 09:50 AM)old_man Wrote: Coughlin 2 Superbowls
Jags 0 Superbowls

lol.  ok.

and Foles is a Superb Owl MVP. @how are we not undefeated at this point in the season?@

The sticking point was the team believed their actions were correct. You dont settle or concede your position until ordered to by a controlling authority. This isn't a case where the team intentionally broke the rules imo, they simply held their position as correct until a clarification was made in arbitration. Now that they lost they have to pay the damages, but I dont know that penalties will be assessed if they followed the correct arbitration process. People with different interpretations of the contract can arrive at different conclusions and act on them without intent to violate the contract.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

There's always at least one troll in every thread.... I hate the internet.