Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags interview Jim Schwartz

Quote:Another national media member is saying the same thing:

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Peter Schrager ‏@PSchrags  19m19 minutes ago
<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Jim Schwartz's interview for Eagles DC job is tomorrow. He's been the team's top target.

<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;"> 

<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">---------------------------

<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Looks like Action News Phily jumped the gun on their reporting.

</div>

If Jags want Schwartz, the price just got bigger and the time got shorter. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:If Jags want Schwartz, the price just got bigger and the time got shorter. 

Money certainly helps, but the most important thing is how well Jim Schwartz's ideas mesh with Gus Bradley and our players. If he is not a good fit in Jacksonville, we should not worry about him getting the Eagles job.

Quote:@alexmarvez Source tells @NFLonFOX that @Jaguars have interviewed Jim Schwartz for their defensive coordinator vacancy.

Here it is folks.

Eagles hired Jim Schwartz

Quote:"Big names," "cool names," they always work out here.

Signed,

Gregg Williams

Stop it.

Quote:Eagles hired Jim Schwartz

Source?

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2016/...nator.html

A source confirmed to NJ (wasnt stated who)...

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2016, 01:24 AM by Jaguarmeister.)

Quote:Source?

Confirmed here:

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.onestopfanshop.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/philadelphia-eagles-mens-gym-shorts/?CAWELAID=230002110000064963&catargetid=230002110000057972&cadevice=t&gclid=CKvDuJOQtcoCFVYYHwodPoYGUA'>http://www.onestopfanshop.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/philadelphia-eagles-mens-gym-shorts/?CAWELAID=230002110000064963&catargetid=230002110000057972&cadevice=t&gclid=CKvDuJOQtcoCFVYYHwodPoYGUA</a>

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2016, 01:05 AM by CAPTAIN.)

http://youtu.be/Rb5mhiX5CXo

I'm on my phone so I can embed the link but it's the press conference at Buffalo when Marrone hired Schwartz.

Interesting to hear.

Edit: I guess it's redundant now that he's off the market?

I wonder what plan B is.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2016/...nator.html

A source confirmed to NJ (wasnt stated who)...

He may end up becoming the DC in Phily, but I'll trust the national reporters who said he hasn't even interviewed yet.

The Eagles did not confirm either OC Reich or DC Schwartz had been hired. ESPN's Adam Caplan reported that Schwartz actually will interview for the job Tuesday.

I think its one of those things were he already has the job should he accept it.

Where there is smoke there is fire with these things.

Quote:He may end up becoming the DC in Phily, but I'll trust the national reporters who said he hasn't even interviewed yet.

Which national reporters said the Eagles have not interviewed him yet?

I get all NFL news from one website: the official one. There have been no reports on NFL.com about the Eagles interviewing Jim Schwartz.

Quote:Just like yours, bud.

Just like urzen! buddy row
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Quote:Pay no attention to my post count. I had several previous accounts before using the name JaguarsWoman.

OH WORD!?

Less than 50. Somehow it did not feel right to be on a board where everyone only cares about the Broncos because they know a lot more about the team than I do.

You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Quote:Which national reporters said the Eagles have not interviewed him yet?

I get all NFL news from one website: the official one. There have been no reports on NFL.com about the Eagles interviewing Jim Schwartz.

Adam Caplan and Peter Schrager. Caplan is also a longtime Phily guy, so I'd probably take his knowledge of the situation over just about anyone else.

Quote:[Image: 1421749727_1511137_10153010845459763_910...3733_n.jpg]

I see your Schwartz is as big as mine.

I scanned through the comments and didn't see this one yet, couldn't let that slide...
"I'm gonna have to say NO to the reading of the Latin!"

Sucks we couldn't get him, but Gus is a lame duck.
No commercial messages in sigs

So if Schwartz is really all that good of a defensive mind, would he really want to run Bradley's zone type defense?

Quote:So if Schwartz is really all that good of a defensive mind, would he really want to run Bradley's zone type defense?
I would imagine Schwartz, with his extensive background as both a defensive coordinator and head coach, would demand some autonomy with the defensive scheme in order to be hired.  If Bradley is demanding someone just come in and be a caretaker of his defense, then we will likely see more of a promotional hire (ie. someone that was a positional coach looking to get a first DC opportunity) or a reclamation hire (ie. someone that did not have great a great DC performance record that is trying to re-establish himself).