Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2nd Round Pick 36 TJ Yeldon

Quote:I'm not sure how sharing time makes a difference in per carry.

But: Abdullah 5.0 / 6.0 / 6.1

That's four of the top RBs in just this draft. 6.0 is clearly sustainable.

Alabama took the run seriously. Their OL was well schooled in run blocking. Recent Bama RBs have disappointed in the NFL. Do you really think T.J. is the exception?

Lacy is a star, and the guy from the Saints is pretty good too.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I overreacted a bit but im still mad at this pick. It was a reach out of Daves fear for a run on RBs that never happened.

good player though.

It does seem like a bit of a reach, however, other teams very well may have graded the RBs like he did. It was surely time for another RB to come off the board, and if he felt TJ was the best remaining then there's little reason to think he'd last another round. Maybe he would have, but I can understand the pick. That said, I do think he'll slap his forehead if Tevin Coleman keeps dropping.

'02

End of round 2. Coleman, Ajayi, both D. Johnsons still on the board. Who knows, maybe Yeldon would still be if Caldwell hadn't taken him.

It was a bad reach for RB.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:It does seem like a bit of a reach, however, other teams very well may have graded the RBs like he did. It was surely time for another RB to come off the board, and if he felt TJ was the best remaining then there's little reason to think he'd last another round. Maybe he would have, but I can understand the pick. That said, I do think he'll slap his forehead if Tevin Coleman keeps dropping.

He clearly wanted a bigger back to complement Denard. Yeldon is the only one that fits what theyre looking for of the top few left. 

Quote:End of round 2. Coleman, Ajayi, both D. Johnsons still on the board. Who knows, maybe Yeldon would still be if Caldwell hadn't taken him.

Maybe. If he's Jones Drew good, who cares?
<a target="_blank" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/chuckd132132/p1_manning_all_200.jpg" target="_blank">VIEW IMAGE</a>

[Image: X8Ufi_zps62cda975.gif]

Quote:End of round 2. Coleman, Ajayi, both D. Johnsons still on the board. Who knows, maybe Yeldon would still be if Caldwell hadn't taken him.

True, nobody knows.  Except you, one sentence later.

If I'm not mistaken Caldwell mentioned at his luncheon that he expected the run on RBs to start on round 3. Also about an hour ago said that Yeldon was third on his list of RBs with the first 2 going in the 1st round.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

You have no idea how he was rated on the boards. He could have gone at 37. It's only a reach if he was guaranteed to drop to where the other backs are.

He's clearly a more complete back than the others picked below him. Red zone, instincts, pass catching, blocking, etc etc

All the analysts love the pick.

Quote:He clearly wanted a bigger back to complement Denard. Yeldon is the only one that fits what theyre looking for of the top few left. 
He may be a big back, but like Taylor he plays like an agility/speed back despite his size. I read his draft profile on NFL.com and I do not understand it. Half the things they listed as his weaknesses are his strengths. He is a vision runner that follows the plays and has good agilty/acceleration, solid speed(not great), and understands game situations. When he is near the end zone he will often just bull rush in like Drew would(though making better use of blockers.) When at midfield he overwhelmingly prefers to avoid contact. He is also similar to Drew in that he is burning to go North/South. He will go wide when needed, but he has no fear whatsoever of going up inside and following the blocking scheme. I am not as willing to say we desperately needed a RB as others(I still believe in Drob) but I like this pick a hell of a lot more than the train wreck at #3.

"Snow and cold may have stopped the armies of Hitler and Napoleon, but they won't slow down the Jaguars. "
;

;
-Steve Sabol

Quote:True, nobody knows.  Except you, one sentence later.

Two completely different questions. Intelligent people would notice the difference.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:You have no idea how he was rated on the boards. He could have gone at 37. It's only a reach if he was guaranteed to drop to where the other backs are.

He's clearly a more complete back than the others picked below him. Red zone, instincts, pass catching, blocking, etc etc

All the analysts love the pick.

True, although you do have to wonder which would be the better pick... TJ at the top of round two... or Tevin Coleman at the top of round three.

'02

Again it's a "good" "safe" pick he played in a Pro style offense against real competition and shows good instincts. We need a true 3-down back and he can do it.

No pain, no gain.

My only worry is that the Jags o-line won't be able to get away with all that holding like the Bama o-line did/does in the NCAA

HA! Probably true!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...-than-nfls

There goes Tevin Coleman and Duke Johnson in the early part of round three. It appear the run on RBs has begun.

BTW, for all y'all who wanted the overrated Jay Ajayi... notice how far he's falling.

'02

Caldwell disuses the TJ Yeldon pick:

http://prod.video.jaguars.clubs.nfl.com/...-1200k.mp4
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:There goes Tevin Coleman and Duke Johnson in the early part of round three. It appear the run on RBs has begun.

BTW, for all y'all who wanted the overrated Jay Ajayi... notice how far he's falling.

The issue with Ajayi's knee is impacting him.

Quote:Watch and feel better.

Special runner with special feet, at that size, impressive

Quote:Lacy is a star, and the guy from the Saints is pretty good too.

Ingram was a bust up until last season when he finally showed some life.