Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Oregon at Stanford

Quote:I'm taking Manziel over Mariota

I wouldn't even draft Manziel.

TEST

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Mariota completed half of his throws. Perhaps one or two good passes, the rest were screens and/or illadvised. Not impressed with UCLA or Stanford performance. We need a day 1 starter, and Mariota looks like he needs to hold a clipboard for at least a season

I agree. Thursday night games have not been good for the 2 top quarterbacks this year. I was really expecting better. I was disappointed in both performances to be honest. I am leaning toward Bridgewater but not with great enthusiasm. I'll be watching closely Friday night.......but it's UConn.......yawn

Quote:I'm taking Manziel over Mariota

I totally agree

Quote:I agree. Thursday night games have not been good for the 2 top quarterbacks this year. I was really expecting better. I was disappointed in both performances to be honest. I am leaning toward Bridgewater but not with great enthusiasm. I'll be watching closely Friday night.......but it's UConn.......yawn

What bad game has Teddy even had this year?

TEST

Quote:What bad game has Teddy even had this year?

To be honest.....I was less than impressed on the Thursday Night Game against UCF......when all eyes were on him, he should have showed up with his best game. I still like him as our 1st pick at this point. I'll reserve judgement after his bowl game. I feel exactly the same way tonight after a mediocre performance by Mariota.

Now the big question obviously is, "How far will Oregon drop?" I am hoping far enough for Ohio State to jump over the Ducks.

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2013, 02:52 AM by vagrantwade.)

Quote:To be honest.....I was less than impressed on the Thursday Night Game against UCF......when all eyes were on him, he should have showed up with his best game. I still like him as our 1st pick at this point. I'll reserve judgement after his bowl game. I feel exactly the same way tonight after a mediocre performance by Mariota.

Oh my god are you serious LOL? He was magnificent the entire game and even led the Cardinals to a game leading drive towards the end of the 4th quarter with MULTIPLE amazing plays including that shovel pass.

29/38 76% 341 yards 2 TDs 0 INTs

And was with the fumble in the red zone by Christian that hit the pylon and the one by senoris perry.

TEST

Quote:Oh my god are you serious LOL? He was magnificent the entire game and even led the Cardinals to a game leading drive towards the end of the 4th quarter with MULTIPLE amazing plays including that shovel pass.

29/38 76% 341 yards 2 TDs 0 INTs

And was with the fumble in the red zone by Christian that hit the pylon and the one by senoris perry.

I expected him to do at least as good against UCF as Manziel did against Alabama. I was hoping Louisville would have a shot at the title.

Quote:I expected him to do at least as good against UCF as Manziel did against Alabama. I was hoping Louisville would have a shot at the title.

You do realize one of those is a spread offense with a run first QB while the other is a pro style right?

I don't think you do.

TEST

Quote:I expected him to do at least as good against UCF as Manziel did against Alabama. I was hoping Louisville would have a shot at the title.
Undefeated or not, Louisville didn't have any shot at the title.

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2013, 06:51 AM by Haterade.)

It is a lil disappointing. The no. 1 pick is clearly Teddy. No debate/hype

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2013, 08:39 AM by TravC59.)

Stanford really helped out FSU last night! I bet they are kicking themselves for that Utah loss a few weeks back. I think Baylor will jump Stanford. Baylor is the proverbial "Fly in the ointment".

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:To be honest.....I was less than impressed on the Thursday Night Game against UCF......when all eyes were on him, he should have showed up with his best game. I still like him as our 1st pick at this point. I'll reserve judgement after his bowl game. I feel exactly the same way tonight after a mediocre performance by Mariota.

It's important to take the whole body of work, not just wins. Teddy played that game like a man on fire. He has been the ONLY thing keeping the Ville relevant in his time there. He changed that program and will change ours as well.
"Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." Galatians 5:26

2015 NFL Draft - Analyzing Targets www.jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7892-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-targets/

Quote:What bad game has Teddy even had this year?

No one challenges Teddy. He faces the weakest competition out of all the top QB prospects. Even with all that he struggles with his accuracy. 

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2013, 09:59 AM by TravC59.)

Sometimes I wonder if people check things before they post, even if they are just a little unsure. Bridgewater is completing 74% of his passes. Basically 3 of every 4. That's not accurate?

Not to mention the fact that he has improved his completion percentage over the three seasons that he's been starting.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:Sometimes I wonder if people check things before they post, even if they are just a little unsure. Bridgewater is completing 74% of his passes. Basically 3 of every 4. That's not accurate?

Not to mention the fact that he has improved his completion percentage over the three seasons that he's been starting.

Teddy's wheelhouse is the check-down area or with in 10 yards. That's where his completion rate is so good. Throw in the fact that he faces inferior competition and help us all if and when we have to witness this on Sundays. More 3 and outs to come. 

Quote:I can get into College football more once they get the playoff thing going, I just can't stand the whole BCS thing it keeps me from really getting into.

That and I don't really have a team I'm super loyal to, I was a casual Gator fan but the whole Tebow thing kinda turned me off to them.

In reality, this game tonight was an elimination game.  I know there isn't a bracket to say it's a playoff but ultimately Oregon just got eliminated from the title game.  Personally, I like it because you don't have to wait for 1 month of football, you have elimination going on throughout the year.  

Teddy was accurate but then again he was only throwing 5 yards downfield to wide open WRs that game.   He reminded me of Ponder that game.  I do like the way he steps up in the pocket and appears to have good pocket presence ... something Gabbert lacked big time.

Quote:If the Redskins/Vikings game was not important to Jaguars fans for draft order reasons, chances are a lot more of us would be watching this one: Oregon at Stanford. No doubt that is Game of the Week in college football - #2 vs. #5, literally the Pacific 12 version of the FSU/Clemson game two weeks ago. Winner controls destiny in Pac-12 North race. If Stanford wins, FSU will move up to #2 next week. Also, anyone curious about how good Marcus Mariota is can get all the answers because he is a Duck. So I really wish this was a Saturday night game. The choice is clear: FSU fans have to root for Stanford and FSU haters have to root for Oregon. I would watch it if they were scheduled to play on Saturday night instead of during the Redskins/Vikings game.

I like the fact that a meaningful game was finally played on Thursday night.  I"m tired of the NCAA jamming 4 good games on Saturday night. 

Quote:Teddy's wheelhouse is the check-down area or with in 10 yards. That's where his completion rate is so good. Throw in the fact that he faces inferior competition and help us all if and when we have to witness this on Sundays. More 3 and outs to come. 
Get out of here, your nothing but a troll who knows nothing of what he types.