Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rutgers @ Louisville Game Thread

Quote:True fans like you who would rather draft OL in top rounds because you still have this delusional belief that drafting a QB is too risky and you keep enjoying those under .500 seasons like the true fan that you are. And the not Luck/RGIII excuse is played out and ignorant.
How in the world did you get this stuff out of what he posted... he pretty much said what he saw in the game...I saw it too and if you didn't then you need to really watch a game with your eyes for once...

Bridgewater didn't have his best game last night...he also didn't look all that good against Kentucky either... this is not saying he's not the best QB in next years draft but just saying some of his throws were off...some were way off... when he needed to win the game he did... but don't act like he played all that great because he didn't...
[url=http://home.comcast.net/~midimusic2006/mp3/sec/Tennessee__Rocky_Top.mp3][/url]</P><P>
;
 </P> <DIV class=b2></DIV>
;

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Teddy absolutely sucked last night. He didn't even break 400 yards in passing. Time to re-sign Gabbert.

Quote:Is it too early to #TankItForJameis ?
I like this!!!!

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-d...erall-form

Nobody outside of this forum seems to think he had a bad game.
LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

Quote:http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-d...erall-form

Not saying he had a bad game but it wasn't one of his best... the announces, calling the game, didn't seem to think he had a great game either... on Sports Center (ESPN) after the game they talked about his play and didn't think he had a great game...

Where I live I get to see every one of their games... I haven't missed a one this year...last night he had trouble with his grip on the ball...if you watched the game you would have seen this...the announces even brought it up... a couple of his passes seem to slip from his hand or even sailed on him... this is not the first time this has happened this year...

Again...I'm not saying he's not the best QB in next years draft... he has all the things needed to make a very good NFL QB... I think his pocket presents is second to none of the QB's in next years draft... plus all of the other things that goes into making an NFL QB... but to say he had a great game is just not so from what I've seen of him this year...

[url=http://home.comcast.net/~midimusic2006/mp3/sec/Tennessee__Rocky_Top.mp3][/url]</P><P>
;
;

Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Jagsfreak27" data-cid="25363" data-time="1381488237"><a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft-scout/24063773/on-big-stage-teddy-bridgewater-flashes-no-1-overall-form'>http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft-scout/24063773/on-big-stage-teddy-bridgewater-flashes-no-1-overall-form</a>Not saying he had a bad game but it wasn't one of his best... the announces, calling the game, didn't seem to think he had a great game either... on Sports Center (ESPN) after the game they talked about his play and didn't think he had a great game...Where I live I get to see every one of their games... I haven't missed a one this year...last night he had trouble with his grip on the ball...if you watched the game you would have seen this...the announces even brought it up... a couple of his passes seem to slip from his hand or even sailed on him... this is not the first time this has happened this year...Again...I'm not saying he's not the best QB in next years draft... he has all the things needed to make a very good NFL QB... I think his pocket presents is second to none of the QB's in next years draft... plus all of the other things that goes into making an NFL QB... but to say he had a great game is just not so from what I've seen of him this year...
</blockquote>

Who do these people work for again?
LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

Quote:Who do these people work for again?
What's that got to do with calling it like you see it and I didn't see them make up one thing about the game last night... if you or anyone else watched the game you would have seen Bridgewater on the sidelines changing the glove on his throwing hand...

But I guess that was made up too just for TV and to down him...
;
;

Quote:What's that got to do with calling it like you see it and I didn't see them make up one thing about the game last night... if you or anyone else watched the game you would have seen Bridgewater on the sidelines changing the glove on his throwing hand...But I guess that was made up too just for TV and to down him...

I admittedly missed the game live, but judging by his highlights and stat line, plus a few articles, he didn't seem to have played to badly. I already acknowledged that the pick was a terrible throw, nobody accused anybody of intentionally downing the kid. I've just been around long enough to know that the general college fan has no clue what they're talking about when it comes to evaluating prospects, especially when it comes to QB's and even more especially with QB's that don't come from spread or air raid systems. Sorry if I don't put a lot of credence in what the fans think. Those comments may very well have been spot on.

I still like Bridgewater, and think he could be the #1 overall, or first QB taken.

He is relaxed in the pocket, steps up and delivers a good ball. Not afraid to run it, but definitely doesn't look to do that. He is a pocket guy. He can extend a play from time to time with his feet, but not something his game is based on to be successful. Not afraid of contact, will take a hit to deliver a ball.

Made a couple bad plays last night. Happens. If you are able to base one game on a draft, then you are a better person then I.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:I admittedly missed the game live, but judging by his highlights and stat line, plus a few articles, he didn't seem to have played to badly. I already acknowledged that the pick was a terrible throw, nobody accused anybody of intentionally downing the kid. I've just been around long enough to know that the general college fan has no clue what they're talking about when it comes to evaluating prospects, especially when it comes to QB's and even more especially with QB's that don't come from spread or air raid systems. Sorry if I don't put a lot of credence in what the fans think. Those comments may very well have been spot on.
A bad game...not really...but it wasn't a Teddy Bridgewater type of game... Rutgers brought the pressure all night long and had him moving around a lot... same as Kentucky did to him... the thing about this is in both games where he faced defensive pressure like he did last night...he didn't have the type of night he has had before... but he never lost his cool or showed signs of a melt down in either game...

I might have been around a little longer than you and I watch a bunch of college games everytime they are on TV... I even record them to watch later on... a lot of people don't stay up late at night on a Saturday to watch football on the west coast like I do... I've see every Oregon games too... I don't claim to be a football evaluator or anything like that because it's hard to evaluate players because no one knows what play is called and who didn't carry out their assignments...but you can see how a QB looks by a lot of things he does...
;
;

Quote:It was a good, but not his usual great, showing for Bridgewater. He got the job done, but he looked like he lacks the "wow" factor tonight.

Well, as bad as Rutgers is, they are the better competition than what Louisville has seen so far this year. I'm guessing that may have something to do with the performance slippage (somewhat).

I only saw parts of the game so I have to watch the full game on YouTube when it's put up, but I did see his last touchdown which was pretty sweet. Pump fake and then drilled it to his receiver.. He knew he was going there the whole time.

A lot of people are saying it wasn't a good game.. 310 yards, 2 TDs and a pick is a bad game for Teddy? Sign me up then
Shock the world

Quote:I only saw parts of the game so I have to watch the full game on YouTube when it's put up, but I did see his last touchdown which was pretty sweet. Pump fake and then drilled it to his receiver.. He knew he was going there the whole time.

A lot of people are saying it wasn't a good game.. 310 yards, 2 TDs and a pick is a bad game for Teddy? Sign me up then

He just missed a few throws. That's really what all the negativity is about. He has been inconsistent throwing deep and that showed yesterday.

Still the top prospect though.

Quote:He just missed a few throws. That's really what all the negativity is about. He has been inconsistent throwing deep and that showed yesterday.

Still the top prospect though.

Ok that's reasonable and yeah the deep ball is a little inconsistent, but it's always the RIGHT throw even if he does miss it
Shock the world

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2013, 09:08 AM by TravC59.)

Quote:Ok that's reasonable and yeah the deep ball is a little inconsistent, but it's always the RIGHT throw even if he does miss it
I will say though, he did miss a Wide open X receiver down the sideline. Just a plain miss. Happens sometimes, but it was a sure TD. Would have hit him at about 30-35.

I will add this as well. Sometimes the coaches pre-determine a guy to throw it to. You never know, this could have been the case.

;

I came away from the game with the same concerns as I did going in. He needs to work on his deep passing. Is that something that he can improve? I think he can, and once he does, he becomes a much better player. 

That said, I was more impressed with what Jesse Palmer was saying about him as it pertains to his love of football, understanding of the game, how he works on game plans with the coaches, how he makes all these adjustments at the line. I really like to hear those things about him, and it really adds to his stock as a prospect. But if he already sounds like a 10-year veteran as Palmer says he does, is he close to reaching his ceiling?

After last night's game, he hasn't really separated himself from Mariota, for me.

Quote:I will say though, he did miss a Wide open X receiver down the sideline. Just a plain miss. Happens sometimes, but it was a sure TD. Would have hit him at about 30-35.

I saw Peyton Manning under throw a receiver last week and it was picked off. It was a sure TD had he hit him though
Shock the world

Quote:I saw Peyton Manning under throw a receiver last week and it was picked off. It was a sure TD had he hit him though
Yup. You're point? I am a Bridgewater guy. I like him and Mariota.

;

Quote:I came away from the game with the same concerns as I did going in. He needs to work on his deep passing. Is that something that he can improve? I think he can, and once he does, he becomes a much better player. 

That said, I was more impressed with what Jesse Palmer was saying about him as it pertains to his love of football, understanding of the game, how he works on game plans with the coaches, how he makes all these adjustments at the line. I really like to hear those things about him, and it really adds to his stock as a prospect. But if he already sounds like a 10-year veteran as Palmer says he does, is he close to reaching his ceiling?

After last night's game, he hasn't really separated himself from Mariota, for me.
I've been on the Mariota bandwagon for about a month now. Gone and watched a bunch on him (what's online anyhow). He's not just a runner. He can sit in the pocket, read, and throw. I really think he will be a good pro.

;

WARNING THIS IS NOT A COMPARISON TO TOM BRADY:

But I remember watching a Pats game a couple years back and they were talking about how Brady's biggest weakness is his deep passing and that the offense designed the offense around everything else that he does well.