Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Robinson to the Jets

I am back to hating Baalke... what the hell? LOL a 6th round pick?
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-25-2022, 03:54 PM)Ronster Wrote: I am back to hating Baalke... what the hell? LOL a 6th round pick?

It's fine. You'll change your tone next year when they draft some player like Kaleb Smith at WR from Virginia Tech. And he barely makes it through camp.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Lol.

For me, the only real issue I have after sitting on it a day is that we couldn't get a higher pick. Even a 4th with realistic conditions would be tolerable. Robinson has real talent. He's not fast, but he's got great vision behind a good oline, and he's performed well when given the load. You'd think some team would take the bait.

(10-25-2022, 04:11 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Lol.

For me, the only real issue I have after sitting on it a day is that we couldn't get a higher pick. Even a 4th with realistic conditions would be tolerable. Robinson has real talent. He's not fast, but he's got great vision behind a good oline, and he's performed well when given the load. You'd think some team would take the bait.

He is a running back recovering from injury. Teams chew up and spit out running backs, is it realistic to believe someone would give us a pick based on what he did in the past? Being a fan of this team is difficult because anyone you like is most likely not seeing a second contract and that is the shame of it all. Honestly, if the coach wasn't going to use him, what can we say?

This trade doesn't move many needles or have much of an impact on the franchise future in all honesty.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

The RB position really has been [BLEEP] on in the NFL since the Golden Age of 4,000 - 5,000 yard passers became the standard. Especially once they've been ran into the ground. Todd Gurley is a good example. He's fallen off the face of the planet since his time as a Ram.

I don't think we'll see another steady running back for any particular team for awhile after Derrick Henry is used up. It's just not common anymore. Wouldn't shock me if this is the last year you see Josh Jacobs with the Raiders, Alvin Kamara with the Saints & Zeke Elliot with the Cowboys.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Disappointing in this but, wondered where he was all during the giants game
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(10-25-2022, 04:23 PM)Caldrac Wrote: The RB position really has been [BLEEP] on in the NFL since the Golden Age of 4,000 - 5,000 yard passers became the standard. Especially once they've been ran into the ground. Todd Gurley is a good example. He's fallen off the face of the planet since his time as a Ram.

I don't think we'll see another steady running back for any particular team for awhile after Derrick Henry is used up. It's just not common anymore. Wouldn't shock me if this is the last year you see Josh Jacobs with the Raiders, Alvin Kamara with the Saints & Zeke Elliot with the Cowboys.
You just have to keep a good 2 string RB so they don't get ran into the ground and will have a longer career.  Chubb will have a longer career because of Hunt, Pollard has added a couple years onto Zekes career.  Etienne had that guy

(10-25-2022, 10:27 AM)jagshype Wrote: He's replaceable. I'd rather have a power guy or a one cut home run hitter to spell Etienne.
Etienne does everything better, maybe not pass pro but he can certainly grow into it.
JR just doesnt have a role in the way Pederson wants to play offense

If JRs touches continued to go down, then no one is really going to tender something of value as a RFA
By everything I've seen, with a now proven healthy Etienne, theres no reason to give JR touches unless its to spell him. Giving him spell touches is only going to drive his value down.

Instead they got what they could now

He better grow into it really fast because so far hes been terrible at pass pro. J Rob was great in pass pro.

Also J Rob has better vision than ETN does.

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2022, 05:45 PM by AndyUK. Edited 1 time in total.)

The reason this doesn’t sit right is because he’s arguably been the best player on the team for two years..

But I guess this is what happens when you end up with two first choice running backs for no reason.

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2022, 05:39 PM by nejagsfan.)

(10-25-2022, 01:09 PM)Kane Wrote:
(10-25-2022, 01:04 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: It's essentially doing JRob a favor. Who knows. Maybe he was going to be benched in favor of Snoop anyway.

Hasty has some juice. We know ETN has juice so let's see what Snoop has. 

Just please get this team some outside receivers. Zay isn't it (although it was nice for a hot second) and Marvin is old. Young blood on the outside.
Getting the seasons we got from JRob as a UDFA and netting a 6th from him when he likely walks next year is not terrible. Though I probably would have preferred to use him as our 2 in the 1-2 punch. Maybe they want speed and more speed with Hasty and ETN and JRobs YAC and YPC didn't matter to them.

As per the WRs
Even if it were just a top 15 first round wr to pair with zay and Kirk next year I'd feel better. MJJ can still make some good catches but it's a young man's game.

Exactly this...if people haven't noticed Peterson is about speed.... So it's not about yards per carry... Robinson is not a fast running back... Hasty is fast.... So they probably already determined that ETN number one hasty number two and Robinson is the third back

(10-25-2022, 01:34 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-25-2022, 12:52 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: I get it but wait till when? after the trade deadline closes?.... Wait till the end of the season and then nobody takes him in a trade... For exactly what? What he got traded for now a fifth or a sixth... You weren't going to get anything more for him than that... Now or 3 months from now....then he walks as a free agent and you get nothing.... And we don't know if he wanted to get traded... there's a lot to the story and a lot of things behind the scenes that we don't know... maybe it is injuries...

Go look up restricted free agency and get back to me - he doesn't get to just "walk"

The scheme fit is the only thing that makes sense to me

It's exactly scheme fit... Peterson likes speed Robinson isn't a fast running back but Hasty is

(10-25-2022, 04:11 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Lol.

It's a what can you do for me now league they don't really care what he's done in the past especially after having an Achilles tear and rumors about knee problems.... And he really hasn't been doing all that well with the carries that he has had this year.... I forget where I heard the stats and I'm pretty sure I can look them.... And maybe I didn't even hear it correctly but Robinson is worst back in the league this year for loss of yardage and getting stuffed at the line of scrimmage...

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2022, 06:22 PM by Sibelius.)

(10-25-2022, 03:54 PM)Ronster Wrote: I am back to hating Baalke... what the hell? LOL a 6th round pick?

I never left that spot.

Heard on Youtube that this could bump up to a 5th round trick depending on how JROB does this year with the Jets, but it's still a terrible deal. We had an excellent 1-2 punch with JROB and ETN. 

If we were going to give up JROB we should have got more . . . if the Jets were that desperate they would have given up more, and if they didn't - JROB stays, which is what I prefer in the first place.

(10-25-2022, 05:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-25-2022, 04:23 PM)Caldrac Wrote: The RB position really has been [BLEEP] on in the NFL since the Golden Age of 4,000 - 5,000 yard passers became the standard. Especially once they've been ran into the ground. Todd Gurley is a good example. He's fallen off the face of the planet since his time as a Ram.

You just have to keep a good 2 string RB so they don't get ran into the ground and will have a longer career.  Chubb will have a longer career because of Hunt, Pollard has added a couple years onto Zekes career.  Etienne had that guy

Exactly - I watch Zeke and Pollard on the Cowboys and those two have worked out great for each other.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

(10-25-2022, 06:20 PM)Sibelius Wrote:

I never left that spot.

Heard on Youtube that this could bump up to a 5th round trick depending on how JROB does this year with the Jets, but it's still a terrible deal. We had an excellent 1-2 punch with JROB and ETN. 

If we were going to give up JROB we should have got more . . . if the Jets were that desperate they would have given up more, and if they didn't - JROB stays, which is what I prefer in the first place.

(10-25-2022, 05:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: You just have to keep a good 2 string RB so they don't get ran into the ground and will have a longer career.  Chubb will have a longer career because of Hunt, Pollard has added a couple years onto Zekes career.  Etienne had that guy

Exactly - I watch Zeke and Pollard on the Cowboys and those two have worked out great for each other.

That's what I was thinking, Robinson was a quality back and Baalke just gave him away, makes not sense. Coaches must like what they have, but they could have gotten more than a 5th or 6th, a third sounds right...
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(10-25-2022, 07:50 PM)Ronster Wrote:
(10-25-2022, 06:20 PM)Sibelius Wrote:
I never left that spot.

That's what I was thinking, Robinson was a quality back and Baalke just gave him away, makes not sense. Coaches must like what they have, but they could have gotten more than a 5th or 6th, a third sounds right...

To be fair to Baalke, Doug didn't want to use JRob so mind as well get a 5th

(10-25-2022, 08:03 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-25-2022, 07:50 PM)Ronster Wrote: That's what I was thinking, Robinson was a quality back and Baalke just gave him away, makes not sense. Coaches must like what they have, but they could have gotten more than a 5th or 6th, a third sounds right...

Ya, I noticed that too... maybe there's something we are not seeing.

J Rob seems to be a high character dude. Don't know how he got in the doghouse of both Meyer and Pedersen.

(10-25-2022, 08:03 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-25-2022, 07:50 PM)Ronster Wrote: That's what I was thinking, Robinson was a quality back and Baalke just gave him away, makes not sense. Coaches must like what they have, but they could have gotten more than a 5th or 6th, a third sounds right...

Man. You’ve really done a 180 on Doug haven’t you?

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2022, 08:46 PM by jj82284.)

(10-25-2022, 05:34 PM)AndyUK Wrote: The reason this doesn’t sit right is because he’s arguably been the best player on the team for two years..

But I guess this is what happens when you end up with two first choice running backs for no reason.

ETN is better.

(10-25-2022, 08:23 PM)cincyjacket Wrote: J Rob seems to be a high character dude. Don't know how he got in the doghouse of both Meyer and Pedersen.

ETN is better.

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2022, 08:56 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(10-25-2022, 08:42 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-25-2022, 08:03 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: To be fair to Baalke, Doug didn't want to use JRob so mind as well get a 5th
Man. You’ve really done a 180 on Doug haven’t you?

Yes, he needs to get his head out of his [BLEEP].  Its clear why the Eagles fired him and why he was 4-11 his last year in Philly.  I know he has a great coaching mind and can still be a great coach but he has made some dumb [BLEEP] decisions and mistakes so far.

(10-25-2022, 08:46 PM)jj82284 Wrote:
(10-25-2022, 05:34 PM)AndyUK Wrote: The reason this doesn’t sit right is because he’s arguably been the best player on the team for two years..

ETN is better.

(10-25-2022, 08:23 PM)cincyjacket Wrote: J Rob seems to be a high character dude. Don't know how he got in the doghouse of both Meyer and Pedersen.

ETN is better.

ETN is better but why not have a good backup?

Wallbash