Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags interview Jim Schwartz

Quote:Money certainly helps, but the most important thing is how well Jim Schwartz's ideas mesh with Gus Bradley and our players. If he is not a good fit in Jacksonville, we should not worry about him getting the Eagles job.
Captain Obvious.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I see your Schwartz is as big as mine.

I scanned through the comments and didn't see this one yet, couldn't let that slide...
I hate it when my Schwartz gets twisted!

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

@RapSheet DC candidate Jim Schwartz interviews with #Eagles coach Doug Pederson today. If they hit it off & all goes well, he's expected to join PHI

Quote:@RapSheet DC candidate Jim Schwartz interviews with #Eagles coach Doug Pederson today. If they hit it off & all goes well, he's expected to join PHI

So basically, if Doug takes him to a nicer restaurant than Gus did, he signs?

Quote:So basically, if Doug takes him to a nicer restaurant than Gus did, he signs?

Should've taken him to Ruth Chris' instead of Baskin robbins
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:So basically, if Doug takes him to a nicer restaurant than Gus did, he signs?

I'm assuming Jim never wanted to join the staff and just used us for leverage to get more money out of philly. He'd rather work further away from home to coach here. Oh well.

Quote:Someone explain to me why this is something to get excited about.

If you peel back the layers and look at the record, well... it's kinda meh.

Are you talking about why people are excited about Schwartz. Well if you look at his last two years as a DC...

<span>2008 Titans</span>

Team D: 2nd

Passing D: 9th

Turnovers:3rd

Rushing D: 6th

Sacks: 5th

Scoring: 18th

5core%: 3rd

<span>2014 Bills</span>

Team D: 4th

Passing D: 3rd

Turnovers: 3rd

Rushing D: 11th

Sacks: 1st

Scoring: 15th

5core%: 5th

Just out of curiosity.  How much doe Gus make and has a coordinator ever been paid more than the head coach?

Huh

All is not that well in philly  so don't count him there yet.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:Just out of curiosity.  How much doe Gus make and has a coordinator ever been paid more than the head coach?

According to the following site,  Gus Bradley makes $ 3.5 million a season.  They list the HCs from the 2015 season,  not the changes that took place during the season and after the season..

http://coacheshotseat.com/NFLCoachesSalaries.htm

I'm not aware of a Coordinator ever being paid more than a HC in the NFL.   

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/DonBanks'>Don Banks ‏@DonBanks </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/DonBanks/status/689512499423514625' title="1:19 PM - 19 Jan 2016">1m1 minute ago</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Eagles have a new Defensive coordinator in Jim Schwartz. Deal is not yet signed, but agreement in place.

Its official

@donbanks Eagles have a new Defensive coordinator in Jim Schwartz. Deal is not yet signed, but agreement in place.

Life of a Jags fan

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Quote:Its official

@donbanks Eagles have a new Defensive coordinator in Jim Schwartz. Deal is not yet signed, but agreement in place.

It is not official until they sign the agreement.

Guess he didn't want to be tied to a lame duck coach. 

Quote:Guess he didn't want to be tied to a lame duck coach. 

No way. Gus Bradley has never been a lame duck coach.

well, seems better to be tied to a lame duck with a QB with a future than a noobie coach with no QB at the moment.

But, what do I know.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:Just out of curiosity.  How much doe Gus make and has a coordinator ever been paid more than the head coach?
Quote:I'm not aware of a Coordinator ever being paid more than a HC in the NFL.   
What about Jason Garrett in Dallas, underneath Wade Phillips? His contract was written like that of a head coach, but I don't recall if he was actually paid head coach money from the start.

Quote:No way. Gus Bradley has never been a lame duck coach.
Except this year, when he's in the final year of his contract without an extension and is, by definition, a lame duck.

Quote:What about Jason Garrett in Dallas, underneath Wade Phillips? His contract was written like that of a head coach, but I don't recall if he was actually paid head coach money from the start.

Except this year, when he's in the final year of his contract without an extension and is, by definition, a lame duck.

I was thinking of all those idiots who assumed Gus Bradley will be fired after Shad Khan said he is safe.