Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
BigCatCountry continues to try and prop up Alualu as a solid player

(This post was last modified: 06-19-2014, 09:43 PM by Joe.)

Quote:LOL... keep flailing. That was far too easy... two plays he made when it's been suggested he's "yet to present a decent play."

Your avatar is perfect, Kenny.
Lol Far too easy? It took 12 pages. You use an INTERCEPTION as an example for a good play by a Dlineman and im the one flailing.

Again, youre a joke kid.

Let me post this again in case u didnt see my edit.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjrSROkj3tw'>http://www.youtube.c...h?v=sjrSROkj3tw</a>

Look at the first play of this highlight film, Alualu gets in the backfield, and still cannot make the play, saving a 20 yard run. Dont even bother with the rest of the plays... Alualu still looks bad, they just dont run toward him

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDejgWuV6bM'>http://www.youtube.c...h?v=fDejgWuV6bM</a>

3:20, and the very next play.... PERFECT EXAMPLE of him not being able to " hold the point " like so many people here claim.

Did you see 63 DOMINATE him for that TD?

Too easy Pirk... Too easy.

Lol this site really should make sure someone knows a little about football before making them a Mod.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:LOL...you really hate this guy.... i get being mad about us over drafting and a guy not producing to your expectations, but you are pretty unrelenting.

why would we have cut him if he had a smaller salary?
LOL did I offend you? You really take these Alualu comments to heart.

We would have cut him because we didnt have to pin our 32 mil dollar hopes of him maybe turning out to be a decent Dlineman.

Quote:LOL did I offend you? You really take these Alualu comments to heart.

We would have cut him because we didnt have to pin our 32 mil dollar hopes of him maybe turning out to be a decent Dlineman.
LOL nah man didnt offend me.... havin a good laugh... stuff like this comes outta no where on this mb all the time and people get pretty passionate about stuff that wasn't even being discussed as a problem a few months ago.

Quote:Well, there's this INT that sealed the first road win in 2011.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highl...Alualu-INT

His failure to get off the LOS and then being in a lucky position to grab a tipped floater is the best you can do?

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:when he was at DT in the 4-3, he wasnt really there to applyf pressure... he did more chewing up blocks which if u look back he wasnt bad at doing... he consistently would pull 2 lineman a free up the ends for 1 on 1... the lack of pressure was more on the ends than it was on alualu... im not gonna act like he was great, but just because u didnt notice or thought he was invisible, doesn't mean he wasnt doing his job.

What?

As a 4-3 DT he was supposed to apply pressure. Gene Smith said as much when he was drafted. Knighton was the guy assigned to take up blocks.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:when he was at DT in the 4-3, he wasnt really there to applyf pressure... he did more chewing up blocks which if u look back he wasnt bad at doing... he consistently would pull 2 lineman a free up the ends for 1 on 1... the lack of pressure was more on the ends than it was on alualu... im not gonna act like he was great, but just because u didnt notice or thought he was invisible, doesn't mean he wasnt doing his job.

actually, he was drafted to be a 3 tech tackle. they have 1on1 with the G's and are expected to disrupt the backfield. 1 tech soaks up blocks (i.e. Henderson). if he was eating blocks, then your argument for him is in shambles.

Lol I guess pirks still looking for an Alualu play.

Quote:Lol I guess pirks still looking for an Alualu play.
I doubt he cares about convincing you that Alualu is a solid player.

Quote:What?

As a 4-3 DT he was supposed to apply pressure. Gene Smith said as much when he was drafted. Knighton was the guy assigned to take up blocks.
Yeah that was before he knee was destroyed by JDR via Manuwai. I still think it was a massive reach to take him that high, but there's no telling how good he could've been. But to his credit, he's fought through it and never missed a game. I have a ton of respect for him.

Quote:Lol I guess pirks still looking for an Alualu play.
I doubt he really cares, if you don't think he's a solid player, nobody is going to convince you otherwise.

But just food for thought, here's an analytic list of DEs for last year, he's ranked 6 spots behind Red Bryant, and actually ranked ahead of him if you change not to include playoffs.

=DE&season=all]http://wp.advancedfootballanalytics.com/defenderstats.php?year=2013&[BLEEP]=DE&season=all

I take these type of ranking with a grain of salt, I don't think that Alualu is on Bryant's level, especially against the run, but he is a solid player with some versatility. Definately worth keeping around IMO unless a young player really shines this preseason.

(This post was last modified: 06-21-2014, 11:59 AM by MalabarJag.)

Quote:Yeah that was before he knee was destroyed by JDR via Manuwai. I still think it was a massive reach to take him that high, but there's no telling how good he could've been. But to his credit, he's fought through it and never missed a game. I have a ton of respect for him.

That excuse was presented after about a year and a half of mediocre play by Gene Smith and his fanboy Vic. I take such claims with a large block of salt.

If the injury was that bad, he would have had surgery immediately, or after his rookie season at the latest.

Quote:That excuse was presented after about a year and a half of mediocre play by Gene Smith and his fanboy Vic. I take such claims with a large block of salt.

If the injury was that bad, he would have had surgery immediately, or after his rookie season at the latest.
you seem to know a lot about medicine, so I'll take your word for it, I guess that makes Tyson a liar too? no wonder you hate him so much

Still has not shown he is elite to justify his top 10 draft status.   However he is decent.

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:you seem to know a lot about medicine, so I'll take your word for it, I guess that makes Tyson a liar too? no wonder you hate him so much

Who said I hate him? I just don't believe as a player he's anything more than a warm body, no better or worse than the other warm bodies a team can find among street free agents. From everything I've read, he seems to be a great person. There are a lot of great people in this world who aren't good at professional football.

It's not medicine, just logic. 1) He did eventually get knee surgery, therefore surgery was expected to help. 2) He didn't get immediate or after the season surgery during his rookie year, therefore surgery would not have been expected to help at that time, at least not to make a significant difference.

Either he was injured as a rookie but the injury did not cause a significant difference in his play, or the injury occurred years later. In either of those cases, the knee should not have been used an excuse for his poor play. I don't think Alualu himself used it as an excuse, that was mostly Vic Ketchman.

(This post was last modified: 06-21-2014, 07:38 PM by Joe.)

Quote:I doubt he really cares, if you don't think he's a solid player, nobody is going to convince you otherwise.

But just food for thought, here's an analytic list of DEs for last year, he's ranked 6 spots behind Red Bryant, and actually ranked ahead of him if you change not to include playoffs.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://wp.advancedfootballanalytics.com/defenderstats.php?year=2013&[BLEEP]=DE&season=all'>http://wp.advancedfootballanalytics.com/defenderstats.php?year=2013&[BLEEP]=DE&season=all</a>

I take these type of ranking with a grain of salt, I don't think that Alualu is on Bryant's level, especially against the run, but he is a solid player with some versatility. Definately worth keeping around IMO unless a young player really shines this preseason.
I really hate when people preach about not using stats to go off of a 5 techs performance, then proceed to use stats to defend the player.

BTW, Chris Canty is LIGHTYEARS ahead of.Alualu and he ranks 15 spots below him (the Jaguars also tried to sign him last year, but dont bring that upto the Alualu apologists).

Here's some food for thought from PFF;

Tyson Alualu: The return to the 5-technique was supposed to revive the career of the former top 10 pick, but he simply hasn't been very good, earning negative grades in each of the first five games of the season. He earned his worst grade on Sunday, -3.1, despite earning credit for three hurries of Rams quarterback Sam Bradford. Through the first half of the season, he ranked as PFF's worst 4-3 defensive end, although he doesn't play in the most traditional role.

-PFF

Alualu is little more than just a body. The guy is not good against the run or rush the passer. I expect him to be cut this off-season
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:I doubt he cares about convincing you that Alualu is a solid player.

Pretty much.  It took one post, and he's got absolutely nothing in a dozen pages.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Still has not shown he is elite to justify his top 10 draft status.   However he is decent.

I'm not as down on Alualu as some, but I understand the argument against him.

I don't, however, understand why some people expect top-10 picks to be elite players. That's incredibly unreasonable. 

Quote:I'm not as down on Alualu as some, but I understand the argument against him.

I don't, however, understand why some people expect top-10 picks to be elite players. That's incredibly unreasonable.

Alkali is going to be challenged to earn a roster spot this year. Where he was drafted is irrelevant to this regime. The only thing that matters to Caldwell and Bradley is how he fits into the equation for this team this year. If he doesn't, he'll be gone soon enough.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 06-22-2014, 08:13 AM by Joe.)

Quote:Pretty much. It took one post, and he's got absolutely nothing in a dozen pages.
I put up three videos and a quote from PFF. Lol sorry my three videos ( met with no response BTW... Shocker) didn't match up to that sweet interception you showed us.

Care to elaborate on those plays Pirk? They don't have any INTs in them, so your expert defensive lineman scouting skills are going to be put to the test.

Oh let me guess, the Moderator's all valuable time cant be wasted trying to convince me a player is solid.

Quote:I put up three videos and a quote from PFF. Lol sorry my three videos ( met with no response BTW... Shocker) didn't match up to that sweet interception you showed us.

Care to elaborate on those plays Pirk? They don't have any INTs in them, so your expert defensive lineman scouting skills are going to be put to the test.

Oh let me guess, the Moderator's all valuable time cant be wasted trying to convince me a player is solid.

Quite simply, if Alualu can't play then he'll be gone. That he isn't gone yet indicates that they want him to be here. Until they don't. It doesn't require anything more. It certainly doesn't take 12 pages of this garbage back and forth whining about "I showed you mine, now show me yours."

Curses be upon the Dead Zone.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Oh let me guess, the Moderator's all valuable time cant be wasted trying to convince me a player is solid.

This is the single post that's said more than you have in 12 pages of crying:

Quote:Who's apologizing for him?

Yes, he has been disappointing and was both a reach and a bust.

I'd think that any sane person would hope he plays better.

That doesn't equate to him being "useless" and a so-called non contributor.

Draft status has a huge affect on perception, and it should.  You should get what you pay for.  A guy like Alualu who hasn't justified his first round selection is rightly deemed a disappointment, but a seventh round contributor like Rob Meier achieves folk hero status.

That doesn't mean he's not valuable in a rotational role.  And if they choose to keep him any longer, any compensation should reflect that.  But, it's up to him to earn it.  If he gets pushed down so far he gets cut, that's on him.

The bottom line is, he's certainly no Henderson or Stroud like you would expect from such a high pick, but he's no Derrick Harvey, either.  He has been useful, just not nearly as much as you'd expect from the selection.

Care to "debate" anything about my opinion of Alualu, or still butthurt I easily found a couple plays he made that you said weren't possible?

The videos of the plays you said were non-existent were merely the icing on the cake I shoved down your cavernous throat.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."