Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
"I'm Proud For Our Conference", Jimbo Said

Quote:Because he represents a business. Like it was said earlier in this thread, if Jimbo says crap like the fans do about "this conference sucks," or "conference pride is stupid," he's gonna hear about it from the AD and the ACC commissioner, as well as in the media. Would you want your employees talking bad all the time about your business? 

I really don't see why it's so hard to understand.

This is another post that makes no sense.  I'm pretty sure he's not propping up the ACC for "business" reasons.

In fact, I dont recall and SEC coach coming out saying how well the SEC has done in bowl games or in general for that matter.

You guys have somehow fooled yourselves into thinking people that root for an SEC team somehow are fans of all SEC teams.  They arent.

The best part about this is my team isnt in the SEC.  You guys think though that if you keep saying something long enough its going to be true.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:This is another post that makes no sense.  I'm pretty sure he's not propping up the ACC for "business" reasons.

In fact, I dont recall and SEC coach coming out saying how well the SEC has done in bowl games or in general for that matter.

You guys have somehow fooled yourselves into thinking people that root for an SEC team somehow are fans of all SEC teams.  They arent.

The best part about this is my team isnt in the SEC.  You guys think though that if you keep saying something long enough its going to be true.

It does make sense, but I'm not gonna sit here and beat a dead horse because like you claim with us, you only choose to see what you want.

I'd be willing to bet you the fast majority of people that root for an SEC team root for SEC teams in big non-conference games and when bowl season rolls around. I guarantee it. The SEC "fraternity" is quite weird.

Quote:It does make sense, but I'm not gonna sit here and beat a dead horse because like you claim with us, you only choose to see what you want.

I'd be willing to bet you the fast majority of people that root for an SEC team root for SEC teams in big non-conference games and when bowl season rolls around. I guarantee it. The SEC "fraternity" is quite weird.

I'm willing to bet the same mentality would come around if the ACC was worth anything.

The SEC is its own animal, and you guys hate it.

Quote:Let's talk SAT Scores & Admission requirements ......

ACC blows the SEC out of the water.   Even students in schools like Kentucky that you think would be halfway smart are pretty much as dumb as a rock.

http://collegeapps.about.com/od/sat/a/so...scores.htm

http://collegeapps.about.com/od/sat/a/at...scores.htm

Kentucky?!?! The only way you can get "halfway smart" from Kentucky, is if you combine the collective IQs of the entire state.  That, and the front row of a Willie Nelson concert gets you a full set of teeth.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:I'm willing to bet the same mentality would come around if the ACC was worth anything.

The SEC is its own animal, and you guys hate it.

Well assumptions are nice. 

Quote:Well assumptions are nice. 

Agree, its kind of like lumping all SEC fans together.

Quote:Agree, its kind of like lumping all SEC fans together.

Or talking about the ones that do it.

Quote:Kentucky?!?! The only way you can get "halfway smart" from Kentucky, is if you combine the collective IQs of the entire state.  That, and the front row of a Willie Nelson concert gets you a full set of teeth.

Yeah...I saw this, but I just let it pass...thinking it was a joke! :yes:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:It is an all encompassing thing.  But my main point is the fans.  I would disagree that Nole fans are the majority in their disdain for "conference pride".  
And this "conference pride" that people dislike so much. Why is that, why is it not ok to want a team in your conference to win. As has been pointed out before, people aren't going out of their way to say rah rah, go team go. They arent buying other teams t shirts, their isnt chatter on it here when it comes to particular bowl games.

Many like to say that there is a bias toward the SEC. The conference always gets the benefit of the doubt. Let's assume this is 100% true then. Conference teams winning head to heads in bowl season would only help to enforce this "bias". Why then, would people not root for teams in their conference for a simple win?

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:It is baffling to see some of these responses. I'm not even sure what point Diesel is making. Still trying to figure out how the disdain for fan conference pride turned into something about two comments a coach made after winning the NT title. Trav, have to give you credit. You are like a magician tricking these posters with slight of hand. Now you have them arguing for you. Lol, I assumed Trav was just pulling a troll move, but it seems like you all actually believe what you are arguing.
What has kept this alive is the double standard. That book gets thicker, and edited by the minute.

;

Quote:SEC fans actually believe Alabama, or their best SEC team can beat the Jaguars, or the worse team in the NFL.

Thats taking pride to a whole different level.
That was a national poll done last year, and it wasn't only SEC states who voted that way. Good try though.

;

Quote:What has kept this alive is the double standard. That book gets thicker, and edited by the minute.

There is no double standard. Our argument has always been about the fans.

Quote:And this "conference pride" that people dislike so much. Why is that, why is it not ok to want a team in your conference to win. As has been pointed out before, people aren't going out of their way to say rah rah, go team go. They arent buying other teams t shirts, their isnt chatter on it here when it comes to particular bowl games.

Many like to say that there is a bias toward the SEC. The conference always gets the benefit of the doubt. Let's assume this is 100% true then. Conference teams winning head to heads in bowl season would only help to enforce this "bias". Why then, would people not root for teams in their conference for a simple win?

If you want to root for 14 teams a year then go for it. No one is stopping you from doing so.

Quote:There is no double standard. Our argument has always been about the fans.

Just stop dude. We've given numerous examples and they still don't get it. You're gonna have grey hair by the time they finally get it.

Quote:Just stop dude. We've given numerous examples and they still don't get it. You're gonna have grey hair by the time they finally get it.

Damn, too late....

Quote:If you want to root for 14 teams a year then go for it. No one is stopping you from doing so.
I don't.

;

Quote:That was a national poll done last year, and it wasn't only SEC states who voted that way. Good try though.

The National Trav Poll dosent count.

Besides, the Ol Ball Game [BLEEP] coach thinks Alabama can compete in the NFL as well.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:The National Trav Poll dosent count.

Besides, the Ol Ball Game [BAD WORD REMOVED] coach thinks Alabama can compete in the NFL as well.
Of course not. Wallbash

;