Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Oregon at Stanford

Quote:Teddy was accurate but then again he was only throwing 5 yards downfield to wide open WRs that game.   He reminded me of Ponder that game.  I do like the way he steps up in the pocket and appears to have good pocket presence ... something Gabbert lacked big time.
its called taking what the defense gives you, what do you want him to do, force it to double covered wide receivers over top?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Teddy's wheelhouse is the check-down area or with in 10 yards. That's where his completion rate is so good.

That's actually not true.  Like...factually...it is false.

Quote:this is another reason why I like college better.  Go watch a Mike Leach team... he has his olineman so far apart.  far enough apart where they can barely tough each other with extended arms.  and then you watch Stanford and they've got 8 guys lines up within 10 yards of each other.  just so many different styles in college.  

nfl is the exact same everywhere.  everyone runs the exact same thing.  

Amen and amen. I love all of the different offenses that you see in the NCAA. You can find spread, I-Wing, I formation, pistol, shotgun, etc. and teams specialize in it. They have talent limitations and they work within that. Once players get to the NFL, they are so good you can run anything you want. The athletic limitations put on the coaching staff really makes them sharpen their pencils and be creative with their offensive design.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:You do realize one of those is a spread offense with a run first QB while the other is a pro style right?

I don't think you do.

Sure do. Whether it's football or basketball or tennis or you name the sport. It's what you do in the big moments when it's all on the line. That tells me a lot about the mettle of a person or team. That's what made Elway and Michael Jordan great. When the pressure was the most.....they brought their best. I thought Bridgewater played decent against UCF but when UCF began their run in the 3rd and 4th quarters, (28-7 down), he did not respond in 3 possessions. With 4 minutes left in the 3rd quarter, you can't blame the Perry fumble on him but in the next 2 Louisville possessions, the ball was advanced 2 and 13 yards respectively. In these crucial situations, you HAVE to step up. He engineered an impressive drive once they were losing but Bortles had 3:00 left on the clock to work a little magic. Although, Bridgewater has all the tools for the NFL, I wonder if he will be special. Manziel may not be the pocket passer that Bridgewater is yet but he is improving. And you have to admit.....the boy is a "gamer". Big time. That's what the 2 Alabama games showed me. Still, I like Bridgewater if we get the #1 pick. But, if we don't, I wouldn't mind getting Clowney or trading back a few spots and going for Manziel. Just my humble opinion guys.

Quote:Sure do. Whether it's football or basketball or tennis or you name the sport. It's what you do in the big moments when it's all on the line. That tells me a lot about the mettle of a person or team. That's what made Elway and Michael Jordan great. When the pressure was the most.....they brought their best. I thought Bridgewater played decent against UCF but when UCF began their run in the 3rd and 4th quarters, (28-7 down), he did not respond in 3 possessions. With 4 minutes left in the 3rd quarter, you can't blame the Perry fumble on him but in the next 2 Louisville possessions, the ball was advanced 2 and 13 yards respectively. In these crucial situations, you HAVE to step up. He engineered an impressive drive once they were losing but Bortles had 3:00 left on the clock to work a little magic. Although, Bridgewater has all the tools for the NFL, I wonder if he will be special. Manziel may not be the pocket passer that Bridgewater is yet but he is improving. And you have to admit.....the boy is a "gamer". Big time. That's what the 2 Alabama games showed me. Still, I like Bridgewater if we get the #1 pick. But, if we don't, I wouldn't mind getting Clowney or trading back a few spots and going for Manziel. Just my humble opinion guys.
You do realize the premise of Louisville offense is predicated on the run? Thats what they were doing, running the ball instead of throwing it with their best player...

Quote:That's actually not true.  Like...factually...it is false.

Actually no it's not false. Teddy bears can't even accept it when I acknowledge what he's really good at. Teddy is great within 0-10 yards.How is that false? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keI6uM1W...ata_player
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Teddy's wheelhouse is the check-down area or with in 10 yards. That's where his completion rate is so good. Throw in the fact that he faces inferior competition and help us all if and when we have to witness this on Sundays. More 3 and outs to come. 
There is no way you have seen a majority of Bridgewater games. No way possible.

Bridgewater makes, consistently, big time throws down the field. He steps up in the pocket to deliver and will take a hit to do so. He is far away from relying on the "check down". He lit it up as a freshman and has only got better each year.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:That's actually not true.  Like...factually...it is false.
100% inaccurate actually.

;

Quote:Actually no it's not false. Teddy bears can't even accept it when I acknowledge what he's really good at. Teddy is great within 0-10 yards.How is that false? 
He is very good 0-10, but you pigeon holed it by saying that is why his completion percentage is so good. You are wrong.

;

Quote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keI6uM1W...ata_player
I wonder if this will be passed around as much as when Tebow was crying?

Nah......Hundreds if not more players do this every season, yet Tebow was called out like it never occurs and he is less of a man for it.

;

The hilarious irony of the Mariota fan claiming Teddy lives off check downs and 0-5 yard passes is astounding.

TEST

Quote:You do realize the premise of Louisville offense is predicated on the run? Thats what they were doing, running the ball instead of throwing it with their best player...

The 2 drives before Teddy's final TD drive went like this: 1st drive= pass rush pass pass pass (sack) punt. Net 2 yards. 2nd drive= rush pass pass rush pass punt. Net 13 yards. In the meantime.....here comes UCF. My feeling after the game....meh. Hard for me to fall in love. We'll see how he performs in a bowl game although less pressure in my opinion. No chance of a title now.

Quote:The 2 drives before Teddy's final TD drive went like this: 1st drive= pass rush pass pass pass (sack) punt. Net 2 yards. 2nd drive= rush pass pass rush pass punt. Net 13 yards. In the meantime.....here comes UCF. My feeling after the game....meh. Hard for me to fall in love. We'll see how he performs in a bowl game although less pressure in my opinion. No chance of a title now.

Just so we are clear. You do realize Teddy led his team to a Pro-caliber game leading drive at the end of the UCF game right? The defense lost the game.

TEST

Quote:Undefeated or not, Louisville didn't have any shot at the title.

You're probably right but weird things can happen in November especially in college football. Clearly Louisville needed to win out tmpressively to have a shot. That said....they would've needed help for sure.

Quote:Actually no it's not false. Teddy bears can't even accept it when I acknowledge what he's really good at. Teddy is great within 0-10 yards.How is that false? 

Because you implied his shorter throws (0-10 yards) is the reason his completion percentage is so high..which would be a false statement.  There are multiple outlets that chart his passes, game by game.  Go find one.

All you did was throw out a blank statement hoping that you were right.

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2013, 02:11 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Quote:Sure do. Whether it's football or basketball or tennis or you name the sport. It's what you do in the big moments when it's all on the line. That tells me a lot about the mettle of a person or team. That's what made Elway and Michael Jordan great. When the pressure was the most.....they brought their best. I thought Bridgewater played decent against UCF but when UCF began their run in the 3rd and 4th quarters, (28-7 down), he did not respond in 3 possessions. With 4 minutes left in the 3rd quarter, you can't blame the Perry fumble on him but in the next 2 Louisville possessions, the ball was advanced 2 and 13 yards respectively. In these crucial situations, you HAVE to step up. He engineered an impressive drive once they were losing but Bortles had 3:00 left on the clock to work a little magic. Although, Bridgewater has all the tools for the NFL, I wonder if he will be special. Manziel may not be the pocket passer that Bridgewater is yet but he is improving. And you have to admit.....the boy is a "gamer". Big time. That's what the 2 Alabama games showed me. Still, I like Bridgewater if we get the #1 pick. But, if we don't, I wouldn't mind getting Clowney or trading back a few spots and going for Manziel. Just my humble opinion guys.

Agree

Quote:Just so we are clear. You do realize Teddy led his team to a Pro-caliber game leading drive at the end of the UCF game right? The defense lost the game.

No doubt....I expected that from him. But they let UCF back in the game and gave them HOPE. Those comeback drives from Bortles NEEDED to be answered. Momentum is a powerful thing.

Quote:No doubt....I expected that from him. But they let UCF back in the game and gave them HOPE. Those comeback drives from Bortles NEEDED to be answered. Momentum is a powerful thing.

Uh...what does any of that have to do with Teddy Bridgewater? Are you blaming the Christian/Perry fumbles on him?

TEST

So...I guess this is good for FSU? lol

Alabama v. FSU for the NC, I guess? 

Live long and prosper \\// [Image: 660e5a470556a0f21a991347940d77c860f8c9a5.jpg]