Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
CJ Traded

https://twitter.com/E_Dilla/status/1443314890207289346

Dude is just weird
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think this guy was just bringing down the moral of the team. Hopefully they can have a great game tomorrow night
https://youtu.be/Q4VnfUMfjwQ

I'm not sure weird is the word. He seems really low energy. On the brink of crying. He doesn't look happy. He looks the opposite of that. Not mad. Just blah or super down.

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2021, 06:23 PM by TheO-LineMatters. Edited 1 time in total.)

Did we not even interview this guy before we drafted him? He has the personality of Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh. I feel depressed just listening to him speak. Did they think he was a good fit for the locker room? He just seems uninterested and like he doesn't want to be there. This is obvious, one sentence into listening to him talk. Who vetted this guy for us?

(09-29-2021, 06:23 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Did we not even interview this guy before we drafted him? He has the personality of Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh. I feel depressed just listening to him speak. Did they think he was a good fit for the locker room? He just seems uninterested and like he doesn't want to be there. This is obvious, one sentence into listening to him talk. Who vetted this guy for us?

The fruit of need based drafting.

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2021, 06:39 PM by TheO-LineMatters. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-28-2021, 10:50 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(09-28-2021, 09:51 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If we took JJ and Wirfs I don't think we get Lawrence.  We lost a few close games

(09-28-2021, 10:26 PM)Dimson Wrote: I agree 100%. That's why it sucks to lose those players but I wouldn't trade any of them for Lawrence.

This creates an interesting hypothetical.  We could have won 2 more games and picked second.  Would people give up Lawrence, Henderson and Chaisson for Wilson, Wirfs and JJ?  If yes, what if we won more and it were Lance, Fields or Mac Jones as the quarterback?

Yes. Right now, we have a rookie QB who is struggling, because of a lack of talent around him. In this scenario, I have two very good players that we don't have now (Wirfs and JJ) and a QB I valued almost at the same level as Lawrence (Wilson). I would've also used our 2020 2nd round pick to select CB Jaylon Johnson who went to the Bears. I said before the 2020 draft, he was my targeted CB. This option gives me a better team overall, so I take it. 

If we won more, I trade up into that #2 position to take Wilson. I trade both first round picks in 2021 and our 2022 first round selection and maybe a 3rd or 4th, if I have to. One way or another I would've come out of the 2021 draft with either Lawrence or Wilson.

Okay .... wow I see their version of John Oesher is just like ours. Dude practically gave him the answers and he was like nah just fine.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

I would not be surprised if he rides as long as he can stand it for the money and then retires "unexpectedly"

(09-29-2021, 05:42 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: https://twitter.com/E_Dilla/status/1443314890207289346

Dude is just weird

What a depressing interview.  

Dave Caldwell totally destroyed this team.  It's going to take a long time to recover from the mess he and Cougliin created.

(09-29-2021, 07:23 PM)navyjagfan Wrote:
(09-29-2021, 05:42 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: https://twitter.com/E_Dilla/status/1443314890207289346

Dude is just weird

Dave Caldwell totally destroyed this team.  It's going to take a long time to recover from the mess he and Cougliin created.

IMHO, the above Panthers media session is an illustration of why the Jaguars new regime made Marvin Jones a FA priority.  Marvin's value for a team is far beyond his play in games.  Including,  someone who appreciates having a media platform as an NFL player.

Go Gata
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(09-29-2021, 06:45 PM)Jag88 Wrote: I would not be surprised if he rides as long as he can stand it for the money and then retires "unexpectedly"
Yep he is only playing because he has to in order to get paid. It doesn't seem like he wants to play football that much.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

How can you fail so miserably to gauge a prospects mental state. The problems with the Jaguars are systemic. The low hit ratio on picks is not a streak of bad luck. It’s bad talent evaluation and bad talent development. Ultimately it’s the job of the owner to put the right processes in place.

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2021, 04:13 AM by jaglyn. Edited 1 time in total.)

lol

I’d take Marco Wilson right about now over CJ

I think that entire staff last year knew they were going to get fired at the end of the season, unless some miracle playoff run happened. So they just mailed it in during player scouting and the draft

(09-29-2021, 07:23 PM)navyjagfan Wrote:

Dude is just weird

The recovery begins tonight. We have the building blocks in place to recover faster than expected. Talented young QB, a coach who knows how to instill a winning culture, and a ton of picks and salary cap going into next year.

CJ honestly looks extremely depressed. I wonder why, I feel for him tho.

Panthers gambled big betting on themselves to motivate this kid.

Not looking very hopeful ATM.

Dude is just weird

Dude needs a vodka red bull drink prior to his pressers. 

Perhaps he can engage Deion Sanders for a little swag advise.

Cj thoughts.... If i go out there, I might get hurt. If I dont get hurt, I might have to play : )

(09-29-2021, 06:12 PM)Jag88 Wrote: I'm not sure weird is the word. He seems really low energy. On the brink of crying. He doesn't look happy. He looks the opposite of that. Not mad. Just blah or super down.

"malaise"

detached.