Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I think it’s time.

How's 4:45 PM EST grab ya?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Off with his head...
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Any reports yet?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Day 1, 11:28 AM:

[Image: f78aa89ed56e458be398d163acae7328.gif]

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-02-2019, 12:28 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Day 1, 11:28 AM:

[Image: f78aa89ed56e458be398d163acae7328.gif]

Needs a "Location: 1 TIAA Bank Field Drive" to really make it work.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2019, 01:52 PM by RicoTx.)

Nothing's going to happen if it didn't happen after the Tacks Game.  They'll wait until the year is over.  What difference would it make now?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(12-02-2019, 01:41 PM)Rico Wrote: Nothing's going to happen if it didn't happen after the Tacks Game.  They'll waiting until the year is over.  What difference would it make now?

Yeah.

I think they'll just announce a number of terminated contracts after week 17. 

At this point I could make a case for this guy or that guy being retained from the upper-level FO or staff, but it's so broken it's probably best to just go "clean slate."

That's really the only question in my mind right now. Whether they keep any of Marrone's staff at all, and if they cut deeper into the F.O. beyond TC and Caldwell.  I'd imagine they'll keep the vast majority of pro and college scouting in place.

(12-02-2019, 01:51 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-02-2019, 01:41 PM)Rico Wrote: Nothing's going to happen if it didn't happen after the Tacks Game.  They'll waiting until the year is over.  What difference would it make now?

Yeah.

At this point I could make a case for this guy or that guy being retained from the upper-level FO or staff, but it's so broken it's probably best to just go "clean slate."

That's really the only question in my mind right now. Whether they keep any of Marrone's staff at all, and if they cut deeper into the F.O. beyond TC and Caldwell.  I'd imagine they'll keep the vast majority of pro and college scouting in place.

The sticking point may be who will coach the team if those responsible get fired. A case can be made for the HC, OC and DC to go now.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Yeah.

They made that mistake with the Bradley firing.

They kept almost everyone else. The entire staff needs to go.

(12-02-2019, 02:06 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(12-02-2019, 01:51 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Yeah.

Actually they got rid of the wrong Bradley guys.

https://www.49ers.com/team/coaches-roster/robert-saleh

(12-02-2019, 02:14 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-02-2019, 02:06 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: They made that mistake with the Bradley firing.

Actually they got rid of the wrong Bradley guys.

https://www.49ers.com/team/coaches-roster/robert-saleh

That was the last time we had good LB play too.....

Yeah.

I wouldn't mind keeping McCardell as the WR coach, but other than him, I don't care if they all go.

The majority (if not all) of them need to go anyways. We need about as clean of a sweep as you can get, starting from the top. No more inside the building promotions.

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2019, 08:10 PM by jjgator.)

Yeah, it's been time for a while. He probably shouldn't have been hired in the first place.

(12-02-2019, 01:41 PM)Rico Wrote: Nothing's going to happen if it didn't happen after the Tacks Game.  They'll wait until the year is over.  What difference would it make now?

There always tends to be coaching changes at the end of the season, so there will probably be more competition for coaches then. Why not fire him now? He's gone anyways.

(12-02-2019, 02:06 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(12-02-2019, 01:51 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Yeah.

The HC decides who is on his staff. Marrone was the one who made the decision to retain the staff.

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2019, 09:27 PM by Predator.)

I think Coughlin will be retained.

I think the idea to maintain continuity with coach and FO came from Khan.

Khan will need someone with experience to help with the reorganization and I think Coughlin will end up being his guy.

Where are all the guys who told me Decamillis was a great ST Coach? Dude is the worst. Terrible unit. Stay committing stupid penalties

They straight up need to fire Wash right now. There is absolutely no excuse to keep his vanilla scheming [BLEEP] on the payroll, I don't care how few games are left in the season. He brings NOTHING to the table except the need to get a 'script for blood pressure meds, or a straitjacket and a rubber room.

(12-02-2019, 09:31 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: They straight up need to fire Wash right now. There is absolutely no excuse to keep his vanilla scheming [BLEEP] on the payroll, I don't care how few games are left in the season. He brings NOTHING to the table except the need to get a 'script for blood pressure meds, or a straitjacket and a rubber room.

Marrone should have fired him last year. Smith and Ramsey may not have quit on the team this year.

(12-02-2019, 09:21 PM)rocdee Wrote: Where are all the guys who told me Decamillis was a great ST Coach? Dude is the worst. Terrible unit. Stay committing stupid penalties

He took Logan Cooke from a "who?" prospect into an outstanding punter. He took Lambo from a career 80% guy with the Chargers to a 90%+ kicker with the Jaguars. He's struggled to find returners, but it feels like most of the league has had that issue lately.

Todd Wash...

[Image: Rl1.gif]