Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFLPA wins grievance case and slams Jaguars management

(12-18-2019, 08:19 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-18-2019, 08:17 PM)MikePete54 Wrote: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.jackson...ate=ampart
Mandatory Yoga?

Wow....

Mandatory Yoga. . .

But I suggest we adopt the term "grit". . .

Namaste my friend.

I finally understand what Marrone does!!

You should see his moves!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Just two questions :

How was Khan not aware of it ? Where goes the money from the fines ?

I know that fines from the NFL go to programs for former players, but what about fines from your own team ?

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2019, 08:34 PM by TJBender.)

(12-18-2019, 06:11 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The next CBA is going to be interesting. Will they continue to let the inmates get closer to running the entire asylum. I smell a lockout.

I smell something emanating from your general direction, but it's not a lockout. Coughlin was, by all appearances and based on everything coming from players right now, completely out of control and thinking that the CBA didn't apply to him.

(12-18-2019, 08:33 PM)MikePete54 Wrote: Just two questions :

I know that fines from the NFL go to programs for former players, but what about fines from your own team ?

The Jalen Ramsey Yannick Ngakoue Extension Fund.

(12-18-2019, 08:17 PM)MikePete54 Wrote:
Quote:Defensive end Dawuane Smoot overslept and missed a breakfast meeting a day before the Jaguars played the Philadelphia Eagles in London last season.

Jaguars top executive Tom Coughlin fined him $25,000, according to Smoot.

''In my circumstance, I missed something,'' Smoot said. ''I'm going to swallow my pride and I know I was going to get fined. I didn't know the amount and I would have understood if it was $1,000 or $2,000.

''But I was pissed when I saw how much it was. There's been a whole lot of questionable fines. That's a week's check. I was pretty pissed about it, but what could I do. I had to take it like a man.''

Quote:Defensive back A.J. Bouye acknowledged that he was once fined $10,000 for skipping a mandatory Yoga session.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.jackson...ate=ampart
Holy [BLEEP]... that was tough to read. At first I was like why did the NFLPA go so hard on us, now I’m like, how didn’t this pop up sooner.

This whole season has me looking at Khan a little more critically as well. 

But maybe he was just handing a local legend enough rope, hard to say.

(12-18-2019, 08:24 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-18-2019, 08:20 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Lol I’m SHOCKED you have this take.
I don't think there's anything to worry about there with the CBA.

The fines Coughlin handed out were pretty crazy. $10K for missing yoga? A whole game check for over sleeping?

Come on. That's crazy.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I agree but that’s not what Stroud is talking about.

(12-18-2019, 08:39 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-18-2019, 08:24 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I don't think there's anything to worry about there with the CBA.

The fines Coughlin handed out were pretty crazy. $10K for missing yoga? A whole game check for over sleeping?

Come on. That's crazy.

I agree but that’s not what Stroud is talking about.
I know. That's why it's crazy.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Recent news has shown me why this season went to hell. Why we lost a HOF cb on a rookie contract.

This is unacceptable. It almost gives Marrone an excuse. It's hard to coach and motivate players in the culture and atmosphere that would permeate that locker room. Anyone who's been part of a team can imagine the moral.

Khan knew what was going on.....there is no way he didn't know.
Creator of the Website in 2001/2002

(12-18-2019, 09:27 PM)old_man Wrote:

Khan knew what was going on.....there is no way he didn't know.
Of course he knew. He alluded to that with his statement tonight. This decision was technically made back in fall. He wanted to wait until after the year was over.

The report yesterday made that impossible for him because it's a [BLEEP] embarrasment to this franchise.

Khan is to blame. Along with Coughlin. Caldwell and Marrone as well. With that said. It's Khan's team and his mess to clean up.

Tonight was a good start.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2019, 09:46 PM by old_man.)

From TC's Statement on Nov 27th

... We have three more home games and we need our very loyal fans to come forward and support our players and our coaches and create, for us, the 12th-man advantage. We need everyone on board, and all pulling in the same direction. And by everyone, I mean ownership, organization, coaches, players, scouts, staff, our great fans and our entire community. Everyone must be on board to help us win. It is not easy to win at this level,..

that is telling...

There was a rift between Khan and TC before this time...

I really do not think they got along even during the 2017 season...

I know the national anthem and protests burned TC up...

Time will tell.
Creator of the Website in 2001/2002

(12-18-2019, 06:11 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The next CBA is going to be interesting. Will they continue to let the inmates get closer to running the entire asylum. I smell a lockout.

What a myopic insular view. The 'inmates' are the show. It's pointedly about them. They are the main, and only attraction. We only watch for them on Sundays, except you prefer a Kraft, Snyder, Blank, Khan and co growing $$$ conga line, while the inmates shut up and dribble. Why should they not partake in running the show? Why should they not be heard, especially when justifiable?
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2019, 08:27 AM by RicoTx.)

(12-17-2019, 01:41 PM)old_man Wrote:
(12-17-2019, 11:10 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Ok boomer

lol not that old...hahha

(12-17-2019, 08:50 AM)Rico Wrote: I'll just hold onto this brilliant observation for future use.

Me too.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha......

Sure didn't have to hold onto that for long.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(12-18-2019, 08:38 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:

This whole season has me looking at Khan a little more critically as well. 

Khan hired Tom so he wouldn't have to be involved in these every day football ops.
Tom then proceeded to act like he owned the damn team it seems and went above and beyond what I believe Khan wanted him to do. Khan should just hire a GM with enough football acumen that he doesn't need an EVP or whatever

(12-19-2019, 10:20 AM)Kane Wrote:
(12-18-2019, 08:38 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: This whole season has me looking at Khan a little more critically as well. 

Khan hired Tom so he wouldn't have to be involved in these every day football ops.
Tom then proceeded to act like he owned the damn team it seems and went above and beyond what I believe Khan wanted him to do. Khan should just hire a GM with enough football acumen that he doesn't need an EVP or whatever

I still find it funny that our franchise went from being like adventure landing during a b-day even if we were losing to Germany in the early 40's. one extreme to the other by firing the head clown and hiring the dictator. 

We just need to find a happy medium and stop trying to course correct by bringing in the polar opposite.

(12-18-2019, 12:21 PM)Brett Wrote: Just read all 10 pages of this thread. Wow, just wow. Our team is again the laughing stock of the NFL. Someone please remind me why I chose this team as an 8 year old boy living in Cincinnati that never has lived a day in Florida?  Wallbash

....the alternative was rooting for the Bungles?

no fault found in that decision, Brett.

(12-19-2019, 11:19 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(12-18-2019, 12:21 PM)Brett Wrote: Just read all 10 pages of this thread. Wow, just wow. Our team is again the laughing stock of the NFL. Someone please remind me why I chose this team as an 8 year old boy living in Cincinnati that never has lived a day in Florida?  Wallbash

....the alternative was rooting for the Bungles?

no fault found in that decision, Brett.

Lol very true. I was screwed regardless.

IME fines are usually dsibursed to a charitable organization (or organizations).

I don't think it would be a good look for the team to profit from fining its personnel.

So, that said, this means that Khan likely has to pay these fines back out of the team's coffers. Certainly not going to put a stop payment on that check to the local food bank

(12-18-2019, 09:12 PM)Mandeezee Wrote: Recent news has shown me why this season went to hell. Why we lost a HOF cb on a rookie contract.

This is unacceptable. It almost gives Marrone an excuse. It's hard to coach and motivate players in the culture and atmosphere that would permeate that locker room. Anyone who's been part of a team can imagine the moral.

I agree here. I said before, if I had to choose just one person to be fired, it would be TC.

Marrone isn't great, but it's pretty clear hes been undermined and handcuffed by TC the entire time.

That being said, I do believe it's time for a top to bottom clean sweep.

(12-19-2019, 05:14 AM)BritJag Wrote:

What a myopic insular view. The 'inmates' are the show. It's pointedly about them. They are the main, and only attraction. We only watch for them on Sundays, except you prefer a Kraft, Snyder, Blank, Khan and co growing $$$ conga line, while the inmates shut up and dribble. Why should they not partake in running the show? Why should they not be heard, especially when justifiable?

I mean, if there's any argument to be made for a wealth tax, the NFL is it. All of the big sports leagues, actually. You'll never convince me that a first-year E1 in the Army should only be making $19k while a guy who can play with a ball for 48 hours a year just barely well enough to scratch by makes $480k, and guys who are really good at throwing balls around make $25M+ per year. And you'll definitely never convince me that owners should be making the hundreds of millions they do.