Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Quote from Shad Khan on Dave and Gus

Quote:Does anyone wonder if the coaching staff is blowing stuff on purpose? I know, this kind of thinking doesn't exist; because everyone plays to win. I get it, I really do. But I just don't comprehend some of these roster moves and the total inconsistancy. They can't be that lost can they? I don't know. My gut says this was truly the plan (high draft picks); but my head says they just suck...... I know, I know, don't trust your gut lol

GO JAGS!!
They had better not do such a thing...  :verymad:

NH3...

"AZANE"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I refuse to put an exact # to the possibility of Fowler Jr. being healty but I'm certain that we'd be Much Better w/him than w/o him win wise. Also the loses to said teams were contributed to team turnovers, injuries and penalties. How did Gus contribute to these deficiencies?

NH3...
Lol TB was playing without 2 of their top OLineman and yet we couldn't force turnovers. Colts didn't have Luck.

Again, all teams have turnovers injuries and penalties. You're just using them as excuses to why we lose instead of actually seeing the real problem: Gus.

Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Jagwired'd" data-cid="592511" data-time="1445385235">
"If you know football, regrettably, it's the right thing to do."

If you know football, you know that the Jaguars are in the middle of one of the worst year-by-year stretches in NFL history.

Not since the realignment. Not since the merger. History. Period.

If the Jaguars finish with less than 5 wins this year I do believe they will be the first team in NFL history to finish with less than five wins in five straight seasons.

Not sure if anyone beat me to it but... (and this doesn't excuse it btw)

Philadelphia Eagles: 1933-1937

Denver Broncos: 1963-1967

Buffalo Bills: 1967-1972</blockquote>
This is in part why I say it's so important for Gus to ink six wins. We're sick of five or less.

At any rate, as far as teams with five straight seasons of five or less wins, you also listed...

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Arizona Cardinals: 1938-1945

Pittsburgh Steelers: 1937-1941

Others you missed, however, are...

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Tampa Bay Buccanneers: 1985-1989

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Cleveland Browns: 2008-2013

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Houston Oilers: 1982-1986

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Kansas City Chiefs: 1974-1978

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Oakland Raiders: 2003-2009

<p style="margin-left:40px;">New York Giants: 1973-1977

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Washington Redskins: 1957-1963

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Dallas Cowboys: 1960-1964 (first five seasons)

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Cleveland Rams: 1936-1944 (first seven seasons)

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Los Angeles Rams: 1959-1965

<p style="margin-left:40px;">New Orleans Saints: 1967-1977 (first eleven seasons)

The Bucs actually had six or less wins from 1982 through 1994. Several more teams including the Lions, Bengals, Chargers, Falcons, Bears, Packers and Patriots come into play when looking at teams with five straight six wins or less seasons.

'02

My only guess,Shad really really likes Ice Cream and nobody makes an Ice Cream float like Bradley.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

To me, six wins still isn't good enough anymore.

7-9 to me is the benchmark. Course I'm just an idiot poster...

7-9 may seem arbitrary, but based on our division, I almost feel like one can trip and fall into a 6-10 record.

Quote:To me, six wins still isn't good enough anymore.

7-9 to me is the benchmark. Course I'm just an idiot poster...

7-9 may seem arbitrary, but based on our division, I almost feel like one can trip and fall into a 6-10 record.
I agree the record matters but just have a competent defense.  This defense is worse then the 1995 expansion jaguars.  Gus specialty was supposedly defense.

Aside from the team looking unprepared and a history of complete team meltdowns after halftime.  I don't see a good head coach. 

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:7-9 may seem arbitrary, but based on our division, I almost feel like one can trip and fall into a 6-10 record.
Gus Bradley is trying his very hardest, but I don't think he hits 4-12 if he coaches out the string. The Bills could miss their flight to London and he'd still find a way to lose.

Quote:Lol TB was playing without 2 of their top OLineman and yet we couldn't force turnovers. Colts didn't have Luck.

Again, all teams have turnovers injuries and penalties. You're just using them as excuses to why we lose instead of actually seeing the real problem: Gus.
Alright, I get it. All teams have to endure injuries and everyone have their own opinions of what's going on, Good or Bad, w/their team(s). One have to respect personal opinions from the team's owner all the way down to the ball boy/nutritionist. I respect your's...

NH3...

"AZANE"

Is anyone else starting to think that Shad maybe, just maybe, is being stubborn about this whole situation? why is it so hard to admit that this team has been the worst team in the NFL since 2011? that we've gone 15-55 since that time? If Shad doesn't fire Bradley by the end of this season, I predict that there will be a lot of backlash towards this ownership. Maybe this isn't relevant, but why has Fulham F.C. been so bad ever since Khan took over? two separate sports teams that are in the bottom of the cellar in both of their respective sports, that just so happen to be owned by the same owner?

All I'm saying is, Khan can try to avoid this problem as long as he wants, but this fanbase is starting to run out of patience, and is tired of spending its time and money on a team that seems almost indifferent to what we want and need. Sooner or later we're all going to be acting like pissed off Browns or Cubs fans if we don't see some changes and improvements by next year. And despite what some might say, finishing 6-10 is NOT improvement on the part of this team or ownership.

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/jacksonville-jaguars-gus-bradley-no-matter-result-in-london-102115'>http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/jacksonville-jaguars-gus-bradley-no-matter-result-in-london-102115</a>

[Image: sigh.gif?w=640]

Exactly

Quote:http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/jacks...don-102115

[Image: sigh.gif?w=640]
To be fair, they're going to say they support him right up until the day he's canned. The team isn't going to throw him under the bus, until they're handing him that bus ticket.

(This post was last modified: 10-22-2015, 02:13 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Quote:http://m.jacksonville.com/opinion/blog/5...964D6E49BD

The mistake fans made was the assumption he would use the same business acumen that made him a billionaire to run his football team. 

Appears that isn't so, as the 2 teams he owns are the worst in their respected leagues or relegated. 

I can't prove it, but i'm afraid his son has too much influence.

Quote:OK, so if Khan doesn't fire Bradley after London when we lose then he lacks the leadership that I thought he had and I'll blame him instead of Bradley.

At absolute worst case scenario, Bradley has to be gone after this season.

Alright so next week fire Khan threads! Man, can't wait. I'm sure we will hear how Khans going to move the team to London and how his business dealings are effecting our record. We will probably get an update on Bradley's overall record and something about sprinkles. Got to say the Crew really is on too somehing with the sprinkles bit. Might have to start calling y'all the Clever Crew.

Quote:The mistake fans made was the assumption he would use the same business acumen that made him a billionaire to run his football team.

Appears that isn't so, as the 2 teams he owns are the worst in their respected leagues or relegated.

I can't prove it, but i'm afraid his son has too much influence.

You can't prove it? When has that ever stopped you?

Weren't both teams pretty bad when he took over? I know the Jags were, but not as familiar with the soccer team. I just remember them not be very good. Might be wrong, but if that is correct, it may have something to do with it.

Quote:Alright, I get it. All teams have to endure injuries and everyone have their own opinions of what's going on, Good or Bad, w/their team(s). One have to respect personal opinions from the team's owner all the way down to the ball boy/nutritionist. I respect your's...

NH3...
It's not about opinion really.

People have listed (and some times listed waaaaay too many) reasons as to why Gus is a bad coach and why he needs to be fired.

The problem is that no one gives any reasons as to why Gus is actually a good coach. What does he specifically do well as a HC? Most of the time people just say "He needs more time" or "let the season play out." Honestly, what does he do well?

Quote:It's not about opinion really.

People have listed (and some times listed waaaaay too many) reasons as to why Gus is a bad coach and why he needs to be fired.

The problem is that no one gives any reasons as to why Gus is actually a good coach. What does he specifically do well as a HC? Most of the time people just say "He needs more time" or "let the season play out." Honestly, what does he do well?

He makes some good ice cream.

Quote:Is anyone else starting to think that Shad maybe, just maybe, is being stubborn about this whole situation? why is it so hard to admit that this team has been the worst team in the NFL since 2011? that we've gone 15-55 since that time? If Shad doesn't fire Bradley by the end of this season, I predict that there will be a lot of backlash towards this ownership. Maybe this isn't relevant, but why has Fulham F.C. been so bad ever since Khan took over? two separate sports teams that are in the bottom of the cellar in both of their respective sports, that just so happen to be owned by the same owner?

All I'm saying is, Khan can try to avoid this problem as long as he wants, but this fanbase is starting to run out of patience, and is tired of spending its time and money on a team that seems almost indifferent to what we want and need. Sooner or later we're all going to be acting like [BAD WORD REMOVED] off Browns or Cubs fans if we don't see some changes and improvements by next year. And despite what some might say, finishing 6-10 is NOT improvement on the part of this team or ownership.

I honesty think Mr. Khan will give GB 2016 also.

[Sigh]

http://m.jaguars.com/s/30840/322?itemUri...5117714119

Everything will be evaluated at the end of the year.