Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Early Mock Draft - 2024

(This post was last modified: 04-13-2024, 06:59 PM by Dimson. Edited 1 time in total.)

Rome Odunze
WR Washington
trade

Mike Sainristil
CB Michigan

Mekhi Wingo
DT LSU

Zak Zinter
OG Michigan

Brevyn Spann-Ford
TE Minnesota

Quinton Newsome
CB Nebraska
trade

Nelson Ceaser
EDGE Houston

(04-13-2024, 04:33 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/the33rdteamfb/status...915L-t18Xg

In a heart beat.

Take a corner at 48.

Odunze is my favorite WR in the draft. He is a huge difference maker.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-13-2024, 04:33 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/the33rdteamfb/status...915L-t18Xg

In a heart beat.

Take a corner at 48.

Yea, I'd definitely take that trade. I'd also do it if Nabers was the trade up target in that same situation.

(04-13-2024, 07:40 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:

In a heart beat.

Take a corner at 48.

Yea, I'd definitely take that trade. I'd also do it if Nabers was the trade up target in that same situation.

Yea, sure shiny object there to distract us all.  Trevor can run around the backfield and maybe get a pass off.  Etienne can bust through a wall of defenders.  We can continue to have to pass for a 1st on 3rd and short. Also, next year when the ONLY tackle under contract is Harrison we can have a self inflicted fire drill.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(This post was last modified: 04-14-2024, 07:45 AM by Cleatwood. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-13-2024, 09:23 PM)Jag149 Wrote:
(04-13-2024, 07:40 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Yea, I'd definitely take that trade. I'd also do it if Nabers was the trade up target in that same situation.

Yea, sure shiny object there to distract us all.  Trevor can run around the backfield and maybe get a pass off.  Etienne can bust through a wall of defenders.  We can continue to have to pass for a 1st on 3rd and short. Also, next year when the ONLY tackle under contract is Harrison we can have a self inflicted fire drill.
No OL taken this year will start in 2024 (barring injury obviously) and even then, Little would hop in.

And couldn’t they take a tackle next year in the draft? Or sign one in FA next year? Or draft some in later rounds this year? We all want the OL to improve but they paid Cleveland and Morse. Restructured Scherff. The OL is set for 2024

One of the most expensive positions in football is WR and the Jags continually pass on one. They need to get cheaper and younger.

If it was up to me, this entire draft would be WR, CB and OL. But you know there’s going to be a linebacker and RB in there because our GM is dense when it comes to the draft.

(04-14-2024, 07:42 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-13-2024, 09:23 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Yea, sure shiny object there to distract us all.  Trevor can run around the backfield and maybe get a pass off.  Etienne can bust through a wall of defenders.  We can continue to have to pass for a 1st on 3rd and short. Also, next year when the ONLY tackle under contract is Harrison we can have a self inflicted fire drill.
No OL taken this year will start in 2024 (barring injury obviously) and even then, Little would hop in.

And couldn’t they take a tackle next year in the draft? Or sign one in FA next year? Or draft some in later rounds this year? We all want the OL to improve but they paid Cleveland and Morse. Restructured Scherff. The OL is set for 2024

One of the most expensive positions in football is WR and the Jags continually pass on one. They need to get cheaper and younger.

If it was up to me, this entire draft would be WR, CB and OL. But you know there’s going to be a linebacker and RB in there because our GM is dense when it comes to the draft.

I agree on both points. My take in this draft we need on defense backups for CB and NT. These guys will get more and more reps in games as the season progresses. Likewise on offense we need backups at guard and tackle to do the same as most of our line while capable when healthy is likely to get nicked up like Sherff did last year. Also, it would avoid the need to overpay or give up draft picks for a FA next year at tackle. (or give up picks to move up in the draft) These positions are going to be a larger part of our success next year and in the future.

Now I agree it would be nice to have a tall fast 200+ lbs young WR to complement what we have now. Like the previous draftees we have pretty capable players ahead of him. WE have WR's that TL has been throwing to and that are well versed in our offensive system.  I can see this newbee backing up Gabe or Zay to start and time increasing as the season progresses. (if he is not a bust) This is a very deep receiver class. I looked at every receiver the Jags have met with most all were 6'2"-6'4" , 200-225lbs. and run 4.3 to 4.5.  I posted the list somewhere on here.  The vast majority of them are projected to be in the 4th to 6th round area.

(04-14-2024, 11:36 AM)Jag149 Wrote:
(04-14-2024, 07:42 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: No OL taken this year will start in 2024 (barring injury obviously) and even then, Little would hop in.

I agree on both points. My take in this draft we need on defense backups for CB and NT. These guys will get more and more reps in games as the season progresses. Likewise on offense we need backups at guard and tackle to do the same as most of our line while capable when healthy is likely to get nicked up like Sherff did last year. Also, it would avoid the need to overpay or give up draft picks for a FA next year at tackle. (or give up picks to move up in the draft) These positions are going to be a larger part of our success next year and in the future.

Now I agree it would be nice to have a tall fast 200+ lbs young WR to complement what we have now. Like the previous draftees we have pretty capable players ahead of him. WE have WR's that TL has been throwing to and that are well versed in our offensive system.  I can see this newbee backing up Gabe or Zay to start and time increasing as the season progresses. (if he is not a bust) This is a very deep receiver class. I looked at every receiver the Jags have met with most all were 6'2"-6'4" , 200-225lbs. and run 4.3 to 4.5.  I posted the list somewhere on here.  The vast majority of them are projected to be in the 4th to 6th round area.

How would you feel about Cooper Beebe in the 2nd?

(04-14-2024, 12:17 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-14-2024, 11:36 AM)Jag149 Wrote: I agree on both points. My take in this draft we need on defense backups for CB and NT. These guys will get more and more reps in games as the season progresses. Likewise on offense we need backups at guard and tackle to do the same as most of our line while capable when healthy is likely to get nicked up like Sherff did last year. Also, it would avoid the need to overpay or give up draft picks for a FA next year at tackle. (or give up picks to move up in the draft) These positions are going to be a larger part of our success next year and in the future.

How would you feel about Cooper Beebe in the 2nd?

DISCLAIMER **Since I don't actually know him I would be just going on stats and other people's political opinions about him. It would from that angle appear to be at #48 an overdraft as he is currently ranked as #126. (for a reference point Michigan's Treavor Keenan is #121, Christian Mahongay #92, Christian Haynes #64) 

You do bring up a interesting issue we have. We pick at #48 then not again till #96?  Quit the gap. We should be picking at #76.  This is why I hate trading any of our first 4 picks to anyone.  Depending on how the draft falls to us I might be tempted to trade back to Pittsbugh who covets JPJ at center, (don't believe their smoke screen) but wanting their 3rd round pick as a sweetener. If they say no then either take JPJ and put him at guard or see what you can get Miami to over pay.  JPJ is the real deal and will be a plus starter for a number of years.

I just did a mock on Fanspeak in which 3 trades were made beginning with a trade back in round 1 where the Jaguars moved back from pick 17 to 25 and gained an additional 2nd rounder  (pick 41). Newton was taken at 25 and Rakestraw at 41. While it is doubtful that Baalke will have the opportunity to make a trade like this, this class pretty much addresses every need on the team. These are the players:

Newton (DT)
Rakestraw (CB)
Frazier (C/G)
Ellis (Edge)
McMillan (WR)
Puni (G)
Wilson (WR)
Johnson  (TE)
Davis (RB)

The negative about this group would be that they failed to get one of the top 4 cornerbacks, although Rakestraw is still highly regarded and fits their scheme. Some might not be happy with the receivers taken since neither McMillan or Wilson are number one's.

(This post was last modified: 04-14-2024, 04:14 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 3 times in total.)

(04-14-2024, 01:08 PM)Jag149 Wrote:
(04-14-2024, 12:17 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: How would you feel about Cooper Beebe in the 2nd?

DISCLAIMER **Since I don't actually know him I would be just going on stats and other people's political opinions about him. It would from that angle appear to be at #48 an overdraft as he is currently ranked as #126. (for a reference point Michigan's Treavor Keenan is #121, Christian Mahongay #92, Christian Haynes #64) 

You do bring up a interesting issue we have. We pick at #48 then not again till #96?  Quit the gap. We should be picking at #76.  This is why I hate trading any of our first 4 picks to anyone.  Depending on how the draft falls to us I might be tempted to trade back to Pittsbugh who covets JPJ at center, (don't believe their smoke screen) but wanting their 3rd round pick as a sweetener. If they say no then either take JPJ and put him at guard or see what you can get Miami to over pay.  JPJ is the real deal and will be a plus starter for a number of years.

126 by who? Thats a [BLEEP] rating lol. I don't know him but ive seen him play and I wanted him last year when I thought he was coming out.   I think he goes in the 2nd but I'd say it's a guarantee he don't make it out of the 3rd.  You could make an argument he's the best guard in the draft.  He has the production and is a very good athlete.  I'd be more than happy with him at 48 depending on how the draft falls. Beebe is the real deal as well and could be a day 1 starter if needed with Pro Bowl potential. 126th best player in this draft lololol.

(04-14-2024, 04:07 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-14-2024, 01:08 PM)Jag149 Wrote:  DISCLAIMER **Since I don't actually know him I would be just going on stats and other people's political opinions about him. It would from that angle appear to be at #48 an overdraft as he is currently ranked as #126. (for a reference point Michigan's Treavor Keenan is #121, Christian Mahongay #92, Christian Haynes #64) 

126 by who? I don't know him but ive seen him play and I wanted him last year when I thought he was coming out.   I think he goes in the 2nd but I'd say it's a guarantee he don't make it out of the 3rd.  You could make an argument he's the best guard in the draft.  He has the production and is a very good athlete.  I'd be more than happy with him at 48 depending on how the draft falls.  Beebe is the real deal as well and could be a day 1 starter if needed with Pro Bowl potential

PFF.  is where I got those rankings. They are for all players not just guards.  I see the following:

Draft buzz (all players)
Cooper Beebe #50, Christian Mahongay #64, Christian Haynes #73) 

the33rd team. com (guards only)
Cooper Beebe #6, Christian Mahongay #5, Christian Haynes #4)

drafttec.com Guards only)
Cooper Beebe #2, Christian Mahongay #3, Christian Haynes #1)

there are tons of opinions and websites, those are just a few. Who is correct? Well that is why I put that disclaimer in ...;
)

(This post was last modified: 04-14-2024, 04:38 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(04-14-2024, 04:24 PM)Jag149 Wrote:
(04-14-2024, 04:07 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: 126 by who? I don't know him but ive seen him play and I wanted him last year when I thought he was coming out.   I think he goes in the 2nd but I'd say it's a guarantee he don't make it out of the 3rd.  You could make an argument he's the best guard in the draft.  He has the production and is a very good athlete.  I'd be more than happy with him at 48 depending on how the draft falls.  Beebe is the real deal as well and could be a day 1 starter if needed with Pro Bowl potential

PFF.  is where I got those rankings. They are for all players not just guards.  I see the following:

Draft buzz (all players)

there are tons of opinions and websites, those are just a few. Who is correct? Well that is why I put that disclaimer in ...;
)

You cant really go off 1 sites ranking because after the top guys sites are all over the place with player rankings, just like GMs dont have the same player rankings.  You have to kinda form your own opinion but if you have never seen a player play i get it.  I read some article on him a couple years ago when he was one of the best guards in the nation.  So when a Kansas St game would come on I would check it out just to watch him.  He is a stud and an elite guard imo.  I think he rated out as the best guard in college again this past year, I thought he was going to come out last year.

He can be a mauler and he is a very good pass protector, very good at getting to the 2nd level as well for his size.  I thought he would test well but I was shocked with the numbers he put up at the combine and he did all the testing.  Usually players will skip certain testing when they feel they won't be good at it.  I love the ones that do all the testing and it just shows their competitiveness.  I think he would be the perfect player to fill in for Scherff though.

Nfl.com has him as G 1.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/cooper-bee...777d082707

(04-14-2024, 04:37 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-14-2024, 04:24 PM)Jag149 Wrote: PFF.  is where I got those rankings. They are for all players not just guards.  I see the following:

Draft buzz (all players)

)

You cant really go off 1 sites ranking because after the top guys sites are all over the place with player rankings, just like GMs dont have the same player rankings.  You have to kinda form your own opinion but if you have never seen a player play i get it.  I read some article on him a couple years ago when he was one of the best guards in the nation.  So when a Kansas St game would come on I would check it out just to watch him.  He is a stud and an elite guard imo.  I think he rated out as the best guard in college again this past year, I thought he was going to come out last year.

He can be a mauler and he is a very good pass protector, very good at getting to the 2nd level as well for his size.  I thought he would test well but I was shocked with the numbers he put up at the combine and he did all the testing.  Usually players will skip certain testing when they feel they won't be good at it.  I love the ones that do all the testing and it just shows their competitiveness.  I think he would be the perfect player to fill in for Scherff though.

Nfl.com has him as G 1. 

Thank you.  I rarely get stuck on a player's name. What I believe is we need a quality Tackle, Guard, NT and CB from this draft.  What their name is and where we actually draft them is less important to me.  After that it would be nice to have a 6'2" or better 200lb+ WR that runs 4.3 or 4.4. There are really plenty of them this year all the way to the 6th round.

(This post was last modified: 04-14-2024, 05:47 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 3 times in total.)

(04-14-2024, 05:28 PM)Jag149 Wrote:
(04-14-2024, 04:37 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: You cant really go off 1 sites ranking because after the top guys sites are all over the place with player rankings, just like GMs dont have the same player rankings.  You have to kinda form your own opinion but if you have never seen a player play i get it.  I read some article on him a couple years ago when he was one of the best guards in the nation.  So when a Kansas St game would come on I would check it out just to watch him.  He is a stud and an elite guard imo.  I think he rated out as the best guard in college again this past year, I thought he was going to come out last year.

Nfl.com has him as G 1. 

Thank you.  I rarely get stuck on a player's name. What I believe is we need a quality Tackle, Guard, NT and CB from this draft.  What their name is and where we actually draft them is less important to me.  After that it would be nice to have a 6'2" or better 200lb+ WR that runs 4.3 or 4.4. There are really plenty of them this year all the way to the 6th round.
The last thing you want to do is draft for a position.  You do that there is a high chance you are passing up better players.  If what ever position you want is at the top of your board than perfect but you want to draft for certain players not positions.  When you do that you end up with a Henderson and Chaisson, trying to replace Ramsey and Yawn and pass on guys like Wirfs, JJ, and Winfield

(04-14-2024, 05:39 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-14-2024, 05:28 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Thank you.  I rarely get stuck on a player's name. What I believe is we need a quality Tackle, Guard, NT and CB from this draft.  What their name is and where we actually draft them is less important to me.  After that it would be nice to have a 6'2" or better 200lb+ WR that runs 4.3 or 4.4. There are really plenty of them this year all the way to the 6th round.
The last thing you want to do is draft for a position.  You do that there is a high chance you are passing up better players.  If what ever position you want is at the top of your board than perfect but you want to draft for certain players not positions.  When you do that you end up with a Henderson and Chaisson, trying to replace Ramsey and Yawn and pass on guys like Wirfs, JJ, and Winfield

Not saying to draft for position, like you said it is akin to suicide for a team. I really believe in this draft with the depth of certain positions if we are opportunistic we can secure those players.  If you go strictly BPA then you get picks like Muma.  (Baalkie verified this after the draft) I also feel Strange was somewhat a position pick, but have no proof.  Now if superman falls to you and they aren't any of these you certainly take them LOL

(04-14-2024, 06:15 PM)Jag149 Wrote:
(04-14-2024, 05:39 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The last thing you want to do is draft for a position.  You do that there is a high chance you are passing up better players.  If what ever position you want is at the top of your board than perfect but you want to draft for certain players not positions.  When you do that you end up with a Henderson and Chaisson, trying to replace Ramsey and Yawn and pass on guys like Wirfs, JJ, and Winfield

Not saying to draft for position, like you said it is akin to suicide for a team. I really believe in this draft with the depth of certain positions if we are opportunistic we can secure those players.  If you go strictly BPA then you get picks like Muma.  (Baalkie verified this after the draft) I also feel Strange was somewhat a position pick, but have no proof.  Now if superman falls to you and they aren't any of these you certainly take them LOL

If Muma was good it would of been a good pick, and he could of helped us a bunch these last 2 years  but he hasnt been up to this point.  Same with Strange, if he was a good player he could of helped us a good bit last year but he was horrendous last year.  Hopefully they can flip the switch this year and live up to there draft postion at the very least.

Yeah I think it’s inevitably a combination of BPA and need. It just depends on where you set the threshold. Overall, if you think a player will be elite, you take them.

(04-15-2024, 01:52 AM)Newton Wrote: Yeah I think it’s inevitably a combination of BPA and need. It just depends on where you set the threshold. Overall, if you think a player will be elite, you take them.

That's good for this team because it looks like there's several elite linemen with several more who could be in the right program.

Of the guys I think could be there at #17 for just on the o-line I think we could have Fuaga, JPJ, and Fautanu in the Elite category and Barton, Latham, and Fashanu in the next tier down. I don't care for Mims, Guyton, and Morgan that high. Alt will be gone but he's the best tackle in the draft this year.

I think Haynes and Beebe will be the Elite guards from this draft with Mahogany, Keegan, Zinter, and Cohen in that next tier. I also think Puni and Christian Jones out of Texas will slide inside and be very good guards at the next level. Puni played guard the whole season two years ago who he'll have a head start on Jones who only played left tackle in college (shades of CamRob not playing guard here).

I don't see a way we can get the young, good left tackle we need in this draft, but if we could have a starting line up of Harrison, Cleveland, Morse, Haynes, Fuaga in 2025? Sign me up.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-15-2024, 08:44 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-15-2024, 01:52 AM)Newton Wrote: Yeah I think it’s inevitably a combination of BPA and need. It just depends on where you set the threshold. Overall, if you think a player will be elite, you take them.

That's good for this team because it looks like there's several elite linemen with several more who could be in the right program.

Of the guys I think could be there at #17 for just on the o-line I think we could have Fuaga, JPJ, and Fautanu in the Elite category and Barton, Latham, and Fashanu in the next tier down. I don't care for Mims, Guyton, and Morgan that high. Alt will be gone but he's the best tackle in the draft this year.

I think Haynes and Beebe will be the Elite guards from this draft with Mahogany, Keegan, Zinter, and Cohen in that next tier. I also think Puni and Christian Jones out of Texas will slide inside and be very good guards at the next level. Puni played guard the whole season two years ago who he'll have a head start on Jones who only played left tackle in college (shades of CamRob not playing guard here).

I don't see a way we can get the young, good left tackle we need in this draft, but if we could have a starting line up of Harrison, Cleveland, Morse, Haynes, Fuaga in 2025? Sign me up.

I’m in full support

(04-15-2024, 08:44 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

If you're taking a Tackle at 17 he should be able to start right away which is why I'd be on the phone trying to ship Cam immediately after selecting said tackle at 17 to try to get another pick in this draft.  Hopefully a Tackle needy team has other priorities in the draft and prefers to trade for and sign Cam rather than expend 1st or 2nd round draft capital on a starting Tackle.

Alternatively, allowing Cam to walk after this season means he may contribute to a compensatory pick in 2026, but I'd much rather take a 4th now than hope for a 3rd or whatever may come 2 years from now depending on what our net free agency figures look like next offseason.  I think Walker is sufficient to back up both sides and I'd consider extending him in that role if he was ok being a swing tackle and depth.

(04-15-2024, 11:00 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(04-15-2024, 08:44 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: That's good for this team because it looks like there's several elite linemen with several more who could be in the right program.

If you're taking a Tackle at 17 he should be able to start right away which is why I'd be on the phone trying to ship Cam immediately after selecting said tackle at 17 to try to get another pick in this draft.  Hopefully a Tackle needy team has other priorities in the draft and prefers to trade for and sign Cam rather than expend 1st or 2nd round draft capital on a starting Tackle.

Alternatively, allowing Cam to walk after this season means he may contribute to a compensatory pick in 2026, but I'd much rather take a 4th now than hope for a 3rd or whatever may come 2 years from now depending on what our net free agency figures look like next offseason.  I think Walker is sufficient to back up both sides and I'd consider extending him in that role if he was ok being a swing tackle and depth.

Yeah, I still have issues with the whole Cam thing. He should've been gone with the suspension IMO and then we'd already have our tackles locked up long term.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato