Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Quote from Shad Khan on Dave and Gus

No in season changes? What about a decline in ticket sales and viewers?
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Maybe management could start with something simple like printing the schedule on the schedule page.

http://www.jaguars.com/gameday/schedule.html
I see a schedule from that link. It does take a second or two to load though.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Its pretty evident what's going on here and I'm all for it..

Shad wants Bosa..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:That probably seemed funny while you were typing it ...................but it's not. Anyone who has been paying the least bit of attention over the last two years and says that this team is not making positive strides is either just being stubborn or dense. Khan has also on numerous occasions alluded to the plan he bought into. This is not some new information.

A strawman argument. Nobody (well, almost nobody) is saying the team hasn't improved. The roster is much better. The results aren't. That goes to coaching, specifically the DC and the head coach.

If The Plan was to build a good team and saddle it with one of the most inept coaches in NFL history then The Plan is right on course.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:I see a schedule from that link. It does take a second or two to load though.

I see nothing.

Is it a pop-up? Maybe it's being blocked by my pop-up blocker.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Smart decision. Good to know the Jags owner isn't, unlike many on this board, a prisoner of the moment.

Quote:Smart decision. Good to know the Jags owner isn't, unlike many on this board, a prisoner of the moment.

How long does a moment last in your world?

Gus will be our coach next year too, you can book it.

Quote:A strawman argument. Nobody (well, almost nobody) is saying the team hasn't improved. The roster is much better. The results aren't. That goes to coaching, specifically the DC and the head coach.

If The Plan was to build a good team and saddle it with one of the most inept coaches in NFL history then The Plan is right on course.

Totally agree.

I'm not sure why people keep thinking those who want Bradley fired immediately don't see the progress. I have not read one true poster who is not a troll say that we have not improved from a talent standpoint.

The fact is Bradley is holding this talent back. But whatever, if he wants to wait to fire him at the end of the season, fine. But if he thinks Bradley is gonna turn this team into a winner, he's way wrong. Bradley is a terrible head coach.

Good decision. A shakeup now does nothing.

Quote:A strawman argument. Nobody (well, almost nobody) is saying the team hasn't improved. The roster is much better. The results aren't. That goes to coaching, specifically the DC and the head coach.

When does the blame start to fall on the players rather the coaches? I'm not defending Gus by any means but you can only show and tell the players so many times how you want things done, what route you are supposed to run, who you are supposed to block on certain plays, wrap up when you tackle, don' take your eyes off the ball before it's in your hands, etc.?

Gus and his assistants can walk through every play and show every player what he's supposed to do and where he's supposed to be for every play 100 times a day everyday , but if the players still run the wrong routes, block the wrong person, and fail to follow instructions, wouldn't that be the players fault?

Once again, I'm not defending Gus, just saying a coach can only show and tell players what to do and where to be, but it's up to the players to do it...

I think benching House is the start of Gus showing the players that if you keep messing up, you're gonna ride the pine until you start performing...The only problem with that, is when whoever replaces a benched player is worse than the one who got benched for blowing an assignment or two...

Quote:Good decision. A shakeup now does nothing.

A shake up now gets rid of the worst coach in the NFL...

The phins fired their coach during the bye, they looked much better in spanking the tacks.

Again, I don't care at this point if they wait till the end of the season to fire him.

I just want to point out that anyone that says firing the worst coach in the NFL would not make a difference is wrong, in my opinion.

This gives me confidence that Khan can ignore the noise and be a successful owner in the league. Like another poster said, The league will remember this when we are selecting a new coach. If things keep going the way they are, Hopefully at the end of this year. I still say the Jags will have a huge sharp incline at some point and Id like to believe Bradley can still do it. 

Can't wait to see whats next. 

Quote:A shake up now gets rid of the worst coach in the NFL...

The phins fired their coach during the bye, they looked much better in spanking the tacks.

Again, I don't care at this point if they wait till the end of the season to fire him.

I just want to point out that anyone that says firing the worst coach in the NFL would not make a difference is wrong, in my opinion.

Technically, You are very right. It would have all kinds of negative aspects such as coaches realizing Khan will go against his word. As well as useless fluff that won't help us going into the future. 

Can't wait to see whats next. 

Quote:Wonder how many more threads we get on this before the Bye week is up?

I'm sure we will have more threads on this subject then we have wins before the bye week.

How's that?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:When does the blame start to fall on the players rather the coaches? I'm not defending Gus by any means but you can only show and tell the players so many times how you want things done, what route you are supposed to run, who you are supposed to block on certain plays, wrap up when you tackle, don' take your eyes off the ball before it's in your hands, etc.?

Gus and his assistants can walk through every play and show every player what he's supposed to do and where he's supposed to be for every play 100 times a day everyday , but if the players still run the wrong routes, block the wrong person, and fail to follow instructions, wouldn't that be the players fault?

Once again, I'm not defending Gus, just saying a coach can only show and tell players what to do and where to be, but it's up to the players to do it...

I think benching House is the start of Gus showing the players that if you keep messing up, you're gonna ride the pine until you start performing...The only problem with that, is when whoever replaces a benched player is worse than the one who got benched for blowing an assignment or two...

The players aren't perfect. There are weak spots on every team.

Heaven knows we have no pass rush, that's just the way it is. It's up to the coach to find a way to work around that weakness, and not to just keep running the same Seattle defense and then blame the players because it doesn't work here.

Unless we grab a bargain bin coach, I doubt other coaches will say, "hey the last guy got fired halfway though a 3-13 season, that could be me"

Bust for Bosa

I guess we will have Bosa with the first overall pick then.

It's time to look at the first overall pick 2017 if Gus stays another year.

Quote:I guess we will have Bosa with the first overall pick then.

It's time to look at the first overall pick 2017 if Gus stays another year.

Forget Bosa. We need to get an elite LT and trust that Fowler will be who we thought he was.