Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Quote from Shad Khan on Dave and Gus

Quote:Forget Bosa. We need to get an elite LT and trust that Fowler will be who we thought he was.

Joeckel has picked up his game the last few weeks. Your LT doesn't have to be "elite". Most aren't. They just can't get your QB killed.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The players aren't perfect. There are weak spots on every team.

Heaven knows we have no pass rush, that's just the way it is. It's up to the coach to find a way to work around that weakness, and not to just keep running the same Seattle defense and then blame the players because it doesn't work here.
I agree for the most part...I'm just wondering why so many times we see the DBs out off position, the OL missing blocks, and wr running the wrong routes...I'm sure they walk through these everyday at practice but after all of the OTAs, TC, and into this part of the season, the players STILL [BLEEP] up and run the wrong routes, miss their assigned block(s) and dbs get out of position...The QB throwing to the other team isn't so great either

Well I guess this news makes the rest of the AFCS happy as well as all the rest of the Jags non AFCS opponents.

I have to believe that Shad has heard enough of the grumblings about our current 1-5 start to season 3 that he felt the need to make these comments about no in season coaching changes.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

If you don't want Bosa, at least go for a big need with Jalen Ramsey.

If Dave pick another LT in the top 5 (Laremy Tunsil ?), he better be the next Boselli.

So Khan isn't the greatest owner we thought.

Gus will be here in 2016

#TrustTheProcess tho

Jaguars Braves Hawks Gators

Yeah I wouldn't fire him now either. Def after the season tho

Quote:So Khan isn't the greatest owner we thought.

Gus will be here in 2016

#TrustTheProcess tho

He must think pools, video screens, and theatrics is enough. It's not.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:He must think pools, video screens, and theatrics is enough. It's not.
The fact he said it never crossed my mind is he's acceptable of losing.

If hes okay losing to matt hasselbeck rookie qbs and journey qbs I guess

Jaguars Braves Hawks Gators

Quote:Technically, You are very right. It would have all kinds of negative aspects such as coaches realizing Khan will go against his word. As well as useless fluff that won't help us going into the future. 

Right, because coaches fully expect an owner to keep them around after an 8-30 record...  Man, what a hard hearted and whimsical owner Khan is!  LOL, come on man...  Think it through

Quote:Joeckel has picked up his game the last few weeks. Your LT doesn't have to be "elite". Most aren't. They just can't get your QB killed.

Agreed.  Don't waste a pick on another LT!  Get as many pass rushers as possible...  

Quote:The fact he said it never crossed my mind is he's acceptable of losing.

If hes okay losing to matt hasselbeck rookie qbs and journey qbs I guess

He can't he you over the sound of Ka-ching, Ka-ching, Ka-ching.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

ugh. Hello 2-14

From PFT:

Quote: 

In fact, no “home” team in London has ever finished with a winning record.

There's your problem!

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Looks like we're sticking with Bradley for the indefinite future.

Quote:Right, because coaches fully expect an owner to keep them around after an 8-30 record...  Man, what a hard hearted and whimsical owner Khan is!  LOL, come on man...  Think it through

Doesn't matter the record. It matters the word is true. Jacksonville already has a tough sell to coaches around the league. Lets not shoot ourselves in the foot with another mark against us by showing dishonesty. Ill gladly take another year of bradley if it means either him turning it around into the playoffs or us getting a coach like cowher after 2016 because he trusts/respects the heck out of Khan. 

Quote:Agreed.  Don't waste a pick on another LT!  Get as many pass rushers as possible...  

Will agree with this. I want pass rushing rookies in here like whoa. Same with receivers, running backs, and safetys. 

Can't wait to see whats next. 

Quote:Doesn't matter the record. It matters the word is true. Jacksonville already has a tough sell to coaches around the league. Lets not shoot ourselves in the foot with another mark against us by showing dishonesty. Ill gladly take another year of bradley if it means either him turning it around into the playoffs or us getting a coach like cowher after 2016 because he trusts/respects the heck out of Khan. 

Will agree with this. I want pass rushing rookies in here like whoa. Same with receivers, running backs, and safetys. 

Dude, but he's not going to turn it around.  He's gonna hold this team back.  The talent is there for this team already.  Gus Bradley is a terrible head coach.  He's in his 3rd year, and he still can't figure out when and when not to throw the challenge flag.

His D is stale and figured out and he is not changing it.  He's a tired sad pathetic coach.

But whatever, if the front office wants to give him more rope to hang himself from, fine.  The season is lost anyways.  He should have proven he was a good coach over the last 3 weeks.  There were 3 games we should have won.  

The guy sucks.  Again, if you want to hope for miracles, go for it.  I'm done hoping.  I was hoping he'd prove he had the makings of a good head coach against the clots, the bucs, and then finally the tin horns.  He's proven the exact opposite, to me.

Some people need more time to see things, I guess.  

Quote:A shake up now gets rid of the worst coach in the NFL...

The phins fired their coach during the bye, they looked much better in spanking the tacks.

Again, I don't care at this point if they wait till the end of the season to fire him.

I just want to point out that anyone that says firing the worst coach in the NFL would not make a difference is wrong, in my opinion.

Big difference between us and Miami is that the whole team quit on their coach. It's a lot easier to make the switch when the locker room has turned on their coach. That hasn't happened here, at least not yet.

Kahn has said several times that he's a businessman, not a football guy. He's probably listening to people he trusts, like Caldwell. So the next question is: if Caldwell is still supporting Gus, do you want him gone too?

Quote:Kahn has said several times that he's a businessman, not a football guy. He's probably listening to people he trusts, like Caldwell. So the next question is: if Caldwell is still supporting Gus, do you want him gone too?
That's an easy question to answer.

If Caldwell is backing Gus then send him packing as well....If every coach backed Gus then I'd fire them all without blinking.

Quote:Kahn has said several times that he's a businessman, not a football guy. He's probably listening to people he trusts, like Caldwell. So the next question is: if Caldwell is still supporting Gus, do you want him gone too?

He really doesn't have to be a "football guy" to see what is going on out there on the field, and how the last 3 games played out. He's not blind.

Are any of us really "football guys"? Are you? You can see what happened these last 3 games can't you?  He doesn't even have to be a "football guy" to see the ugliness of 8-30 ( and steadily dropping).

Didn't he fire the captain of his other futbol team overseas? Why was he fired? What was his record?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.